Dolphins Logo - Wood Burning / Engraving

snook

Rookie
Reaction score
I am not sure where to post this, or where to look, so I am going to try posting here for suggestions

I am making a wood cabinet for my game room, and I would like to wood burn the Miami Dolphins logo or helmet on the face of it

Anyone have any suggestion on how I can do this ?
Tried a Google search, but not coming up with anything helpfull

Thanks in advance!

SkapePhin

Rump Shaker
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
snook said:
I am not sure where to post this, or where to look, so I am going to try posting here for suggestions

I am making a wood cabinet for my game room, and I would like to wood burn the Miami Dolphins logo or helmet on the face of it

Thanks in advance!
I would probably trace the outline of the logo with pencil onto where you want it then use a wood burning/engraving tool (forget what you call them..) to trace the outline and burn it into the wood.

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
SkapePhin said:
I would probably trace the outline of the logo with pencil onto where you want it then use a wood burning/engraving tool (forget what you call them..) to trace the outline and burn it into the wood.

what he said but...try it on a couple of sample pieces of wood and if it turns out good do it...if not then just slap a dolphins sticker on it and call it a day

SkapePhin

Rump Shaker
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Buddwalk said:
what he said but...try it on a couple of sample pieces of wood and if it turns out good do it...if not then just slap a dolphins sticker on it and call it a day
good call. :up:

The last thing you would want is some disfigured dolphin on a nice piece of furniture..

Hellion

She can rub my Baltars!
Reaction score
snook said:

Thanks in advance!
#1Trace the outline of the logo.
#2 Use a router instead of a wood burner.
#3 After you finish the the logo then use a wood burner to just darken the grooves that form the logo.
#4 Stain or varnish the wood.

I did it and it looks excellent. :wink:

Oh yeah skape, shut up and get to making my sig. :D

SkapePhin

Rump Shaker
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Hellion said:
#1Trace the outline of the logo.
#2 Use a router instead of a wood burner.
#3 After you finish the the logo then use a wood burner to just darken the grooves that form the logo.
#4 Stain or varnish the wood.

I did it and it looks excellent. :wink:

Oh yeah skape, shut up and get to making my sig. :D
lol.. Still waiting on Mrs. Hellion to come help me out.

Hellion

She can rub my Baltars!
Reaction score
Check out your PM I sent you her website addy. The rest is up to you mac Daddy.:wink:

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Hellion said:
Check out your PM I sent you her website addy. The rest is up to you mac Daddy.:wink:
I thought she was your wife for a second...i'd assinate you and then tell her im her son your husband never told you about, then what comes next you all know...sounds like a good plan anyway

caneaddict

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You may want to wait a couple months and see if the logo stays the same. Since they are renaming the stadium, I could see them making small adjustments to the logo.

cnc66

wiley veteran bad spelur
Reaction score
Hellion's got the right idea and that, creatively is how I would go about it, but no matter the method make sure you practice. Get the same kind of wood and practice whatever it is you decide on.

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
SkapePhin said:
lol.. Still waiting on Mrs. Hellion to come help me out.
I actually bumped into Jennifer Ellison in Manchester two weeks ago... she's hot.

Top Bottom