Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft?

At this point, if the Dolphins trade up I'd have to think one of the three offensive tackles is the target. Most likely it would be Lane Johnson because I don't see Miami going all the way to the #1 overall pick. Ideally, Johnson (if the target) would be there at #10 and the Dolphins would only have to leap over San Diego.

That would be ideal if only had to leap to #10. Phins will be looking to trade up from the top down. Dont rule Joeckel out.

I don't think it's silly, but I don't think he's the pick, either.

They're onto Lane Johnson, among others.

It is silly to discuss not because Cooper sucks...he is the best guard in the draft. However, this team is not going interior Oline in round one. So it is silly to discuss.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

I think Miami's trade up ideas are a lot more ambitious in how high they want to move up than most are considering. It is more than just jumping San Diego.

It is silly to discuss not because Cooper sucks...he is the best guard in the draft. However, this team is not going interior Oline in round one. So it is silly to discuss.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

I think Miami's trade up ideas are a lot more ambitious in how high they want to move up than most are considering. It is more than just jumping San Diego.

If they do move up, who is the targeted player in your opinion?

There are about 5 players to target...the 3 LTs, 1 CB, and Dion Jordan DE/OLB. Maybe 6 if you count werner.

If they do move up, who is the targeted player in your opinion?

OT without a doubt in my (small) mind.

I think there is value in the top three tackles. They would be graded high in any draft. Some guys are being graded, at least in the media and on the web, on a curve. Not Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson.

Obviously, there is an obvious need as well for the team.

I do not think it is pass rusher. Dee Millner is not the target. So I keep coming back to these three.

I will keep saying it: I think the team is going to be ultra aggressive on draft day to go up.

With 11 picks, not all of them will make the team anyways. It will be hard to parlay the picks into next year because this draft is view as being deep, but not spectacular.

If they cannot move up, I think they work the phones and trade for Albert. However, the move for the younger, cheaper tackle might be the wisest of all the moves.

If Miami wants lane Johnson in a trade up to #6 the pick that will dictate if he gets to there will be jax at #2 if they go qb he gets there if they go OT all 3 are gone by #5. And detroits not trading out of that slot

Oakland is locked in on sharif Floyd. I think Philly will go elsewhere than ot

the only trade up option to me is Dre Milliner. hes a great CB prospect but might not fall past #2 if thats how the Jaguars go. Milliner and a healthy Grimes is a great duo with Rashard Jones at safety behind them

the only trade up option to me is Dre Milliner. hes a great CB prospect but might not fall past #2 if thats how the Jaguars go. Milliner and a healthy Grimes is a great duo with Rashard Jones at safety behind them

If we got Milliner him and Grimes make us SB contenders this year

According to NFL network, our 3rd round pick is enough value to trade 1st rounders with Cleveland and then we can select Lane Johnson and I'd be all for that, our offense would be almost complete. And in the 2nd round we go defense, pass rusher and corner

Back
Top Bottom