Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft?

lane johnsons not the 3rd best tackle...he's the highest upside best athlete one in the class...he's the only one miami should consider trading up for...

lane johnsons not the 3rd best tackle...he's the highest upside best athlete one in the class...he's the only one miami should consider trading up for...

I like that. Joeckel and those Sherman ties I am sure makes him high on the draft board. IF somehow Joeckel does not go #1, I am sure Jeff will be working the phones.

That's your opinion. I think Fisher and Joeckel are better tackles.

There is nobody worth moving up for in this draft, and we see these kinds of media games every year from the Miami FO. Not buying it one bit.
I disagree (3 Tackles, Floyd), but regardless...

I don't don't think there's anyone worth taking at 12 relative to who's going to go around 25. On this site there have been a dozen+ names thrown around for the pick at 12. Thats not a good thing. There isn't a definitive top-15 this year; you see on mocks and projections some wildly different opinions of this middle group from like 8-30. That's not a good sign that we'd be getting value; the guy at 12 isn't much better than the guy at 25. I'd support going up to get a player who actually grades out top-10, or moving down to still pick from that large pool or mid-late first rounders who kinda blur together.

That's your opinion. I think Fisher and Joeckel are better tackles.

joeckels not even the best tackle on his college team...jake mathews is...fisher gets too high in pass pro at times...not great left tackle feet...lane johnsons upside is rediculous...best move athlete tackle of the 3 by far

you guys can buy into these other guys are franchize cornerstone tackles if you want but i'm not...johnsons the prize

Only thing worse then repeating the same mistakes over and over again is fans cheering it on as it happens.

Want to get some help for Tannehill? How about give him another scoring threat. How about getting a pass rusher or corner to shut down the other team so Tannehill doesnt have to get into shooting matches.

I thought we had our left tackle. Wasnt the majority of the board praising Ireland for his astute foresight concerning Martin? That "he was our insurance if Long left" and that we should "just ignore Ireland saying he drafted Martin to be a right tackle"? Well, game time folks. Long is gone. And if Ireland truly did draft Martin to be insurance for Long, then why is everyone hoping we spend a top 12 pick on a right tackle?

Stop spending playmaker picks on offensive lineman. Get players who can either score or prevent the other team from scoring. The "building through the trenches" logic failed us. We have first hand experience on how it doesnt work. Get your heads in the game people.

I still think Johnson blew up AFTER he ran around in shorts.. Game time is different. He's good, but he doesn't play as good as the other 2, imo.

Either way i'd rather stay put and take bpa. No need to trade away picks that we had to sacrifice players to get. We can pick up an OT in the later rounds.

it also depends on scheme...a zone move athlete one like ours lane johnsons the best talent...joeckel athletically did not wow anyone at the combine...he's a good player but look at some of his teammates tape jake mathews and tell me who's better...fishers a more power scheme fit imo...but he lets defenders get up into his body too much and hit him high and ride him back more than he should...he does reanchor pretty well but i see a tendency to get too upright...

no ones got lane johnsons feet or movement skills...lateral forward on the hoof no one

So you are saying that we won't be drafting Xavier Rhodes? But every analyst who can't think for themselves has us taking Rhodes even though he doesn't even fit our system.

High draft picks should be used for high impact players.....plenty enough depth on both lines to find help later in draft. 12 is just a sticky position....i'd rather find someone that wanted to trade up and grab some more picks.....this draft is killer as far as adding depth goes.

I think the Browns are open for business at pick #6 overall and that could be where they need to trade in order to pick up a Lane Johnson. According to the classic trade value chart that would cost them the #54 overall pick in order to move there.

I still think Johnson blew up AFTER he ran around in shorts.. Game time is different. He's good, but he doesn't play as good as the other 2, imo.

Either way i'd rather stay put and take bpa. No need to trade away picks that we had to sacrifice players to get. We can pick up an OT in the later rounds.

i saw you saying that...and it couldn't be more wrong...lane johnson gave up 2 sacks all season long on par with the other top tackles...and in full pads took the senior bowl week and game by storm...then destroyed the combine to back up the athleticism he showed at the senior bowl week and on tape...

finally watch the damn guy at the senior bowl game go from the middle of the field to the sideline after an int and do it looking like a 250 lb te mind you and make a td saving tackle...he dropped jaws on that play with the way he moved at 306...now lets add the fact that he's got the body to add another 10-15 lbs and not lose anything athletically...

that kids a legit top 10 worthy talent...

now if you don't want us trading up or using that top pick on a ot i get it...but lets not act like this kid just blew up in underwear...as wv would say get real

So you are saying that we won't be drafting Xavier Rhodes? But every analyst who can't think for themselves has us taking Rhodes even though he doesn't even fit our system.

Saying that Xavier Rhodes doesn't fit the Dolphins system so matter-of-factly sounds about as silly to me as everyone mocking him to the Dolphins based on the Dolphins needing a corner and him being the next best available after Milliner.

Back
Top Bottom