Dolphins love Jared Odrick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins love Jared Odrick

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
The player having the best week at the Senior Bowl appears to be Penn State defensive linemen Jared Odrick.
Odrick has been dominating for the North squad. At 6-foot-5, 301, he’d be an ideal 3-4 end - a postion where the Dolphins appear to be set.
But the word is the Dolphins love Odrick.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...enior-bowl-giving-dolphins-plenty-to-chew-on/

This kid has looked sick in practices, if the man crush the Fins have on Odrick are true he would be excellent pick. Sometimes it is abou tbest player avalaible.

if he is in fact viewed as a 3-4 end by this regime that pick would make no sense...it's one of the few positions we already have solid depth and talent

is he strong enough to play NT? Dallas has Ratliff, who's like 290 isnt he? dont know if NT at 12 is really the way Id go though.

This falls to Miami it does not matter what you have you take him. Langford & Merling have been solid, but neither is no playmaker. The kid has serious skills and you cannot pass that up.

if he is in fact viewed as a 3-4 end by this regime that pick would make no sense...it's one of the few positions we already have solid depth and talent

The only way it makes sense is if they move Merling. Not sure what value he has, but would think it would be no higher than a 3rd, but more than likely a 4th.

Odrick would be that rare type of 3-4 DE similar to Seymour that can not only play the run well, but can get pressure in passing situations. As I have heard over and over you can never have enough pass rushers.

The guy looks like a sure playmaker he has been umblockable all week. Even Lupati who has been the best offensive lineman at the practices has struggled. He also has the nastiness you love from your lineman. If any of you have watched the practices you would not question Miami taking him especially if they answer some of their needs through FA.

if i really want a 3-4 end given miami's current team...i'm not taking one at #12...if in fact that's what odrick is viewed as

hell...i'd take an alex carrington or a vince oghaboose in the 3rd or so and use that high pick on another premium position...

Unless Ndamukong Suh, Gerald McCoy, Dez Bryant, Eric Berry or C.J. Spiller are on the board, IMO Jared Odrick is as much the "best player available" as anyone else available. He's right up there with Derrick Morgan, Jason Pierre-Paul, Rolando McClain and Russell Okung...also toss in Jimmy Clausen and Sam Bradford.

The guy looks like a sure playmaker he has been umblockable all week. Even Lupati who has been the best offensive lineman at the practices has struggled. He also has the nastiness you love from your lineman. If any of you have watched the practices you would not question Miami taking him especially if they answer some of their needs through FA.

i've watched every practice...i'm not taking a 3-4 end with our needs at pick #12...nope

if odrick is viewed as something else ok i can maybe see that

and as others have said odrick doesn't make it to our 2nd round pick

Odrick at 12 a waste? Child-Please. Odrick is a beast. I don't like him at #12 if McClain, Earl Thomas, Dez Bryant, or CJ Spiller are on the board. I like him over JPP, Derrick Morgan, and Mount Cody

Back
Top Bottom