Dolphins love Jared Odrick | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins love Jared Odrick

Beadles would look good on some teams practice squad...for now..

Odrick and Carrington are 5-techs....not nose tackles.......

Geno Atkins is a 3-tech or a UT in a 4-3.....not a nose tackle..

..that's all I have to add here.....carry on..

With all of the people on here posting about "need" vs bpa, isn't it a bit premature to talk about what we'll need on draft day until after the FA period? I mean, why talk about an ILB if we actually sign Dansby. Why worry about Dez Bryant if we can sign Anquan Boldin? I don't think either of those FA signings is likely, but it would sure change the "need" for us, wouldn't it?

Having said that, there is no way we take a WR with the first pick. Look at the Colts: Collier and Garcon were nobodies!! On the opposite side of the field, Colston was a 6th-rounder, IIRC.

This game is won in the trenches. Take Odrick with #12. If he could still be there at #20, trade down and pick up a 3rd rounder, with which you can still get a very good player (Lots of quality LB's in this draft, IMHO). Let's see... Zach Thomas = 4th rounder from Texas tech. JT was a 4th rounder from Akron or Toledo or somewhere. Both will be in the Hall of Fame.

I like the Pick.... IMHO; Odrick, Starks and Langford will be rotated at DE with Starks more than likely being rotated into the NT position with Soliai. Merling wil be moved to SOLB just like thay did with Matt Roth. Have faith in the FO, they have forgotten more about football than most of us know.

Of course this could all change with the next pick, if they get a NT (CODY)

I remember this thread.

It looks like Ireland and Parcells got the guy they wanted initially and recovered a second round pick from the Marshall trade in the process. Oh, and that pick is a few slots higher than the original. How could this scenario have gone any better...?

I agree...so far so good...games are won and lost in the trenches...let's hope the 40th is a need pick,NT,OLB or S at least, but, what do I know I'm just a fan...

I dont think a NT will be taken anytime before rd. 4 or 5......Odrick will battle with everyone else for snaps on the inside.

I'm fine with the Odrick pick. He is very good and has a good motor as well. He has a touch of pass rush ability and can be the passing down NT if you like. Solid citizen and was good value where we got him. I wanted Eric Berry, but we really had no shot at moving up to 5 to get him. I would have selected Earl Thomas at 12, but he isn't the prototype this regime wants and they tend not to select FS's that high anyway. We clearly have a need for OLB's, but honestly, I didn't like any of them at 12 for one reason or another. In the 20's, fine, second round, good, but at 12 I wanted a sure-fire talent, and IMHO, all of these OLB's have warts.

Trading down, grabbing a very high 2nd rounder was a good move. Odrick at 28 is a good deal on a guy who will be a hit. This lets us consider a true NT like Cody, or one of those warted OLB's like Kindle or Worilds, or one of the 2nd tier FS's. Heck, if we abandon need all together, Gronkowski looks like a good TE pick also.

Grats to all those who predicted him and those who noted the Fin's interest early.

I must admit, I am curious though whether he might also be able to play NT. I kinda think he could.

Odrick was a guy that many had him going to Cleveland at No. 7, they supposebly loved him, but I don't think they could have passed on secondary. The kid is a high motor player, he is a 3 down player. He will play at DE in run situation and play NT in passing situations.

While some might disagree he reminds me of Ratliff. I love the pick and have been saying his name since the Senior Bowl.

Odrick was a guy that many had him going to Cleveland at No. 7, they supposebly loved him, but I don't think they could have passed on secondary. The kid is a high motor player, he is a 3 down player. He will play at DE in run situation and play NT in passing situations.

While some might disagree he reminds me of Ratliff. I love the pick and have been saying his name since the Senior Bowl.

You da man.

Back
Top Bottom