Dolphins love Jared Odrick | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins love Jared Odrick

I have no beef CK. Theres some guy on here with a sig with his mock listed, and yours, and he indeed nailed more picks than you. The bottom line is, Bill Parcells isnt stupid. He isnt goin to talk about who he really wants, so people can post this info to the public. Parcells is going to mis direct people, lie to people, and toy with people. Theres 3 people who know who the Phins will select at 12. Bill Parcells, Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano. Like I said, I appreciate your passion and hard work, but lets not get carried away...........

Congratulations to him. We take a look at a service that compares first round mocks from about 70+ different places, including guys like Kiper, McShay, etc. It was the one that graded Rick Gosselin as the best for something like two or three years running. Last year only 2 or 3 out of the 70+ scored higher than the one I posted on Universal Draft. So your friend's mock is in great company, and I'm sure he's very proud.

Of course, I believe that mock drafts are nothing if not worthless when it comes to telling how much someone knows about the draft or draft prospects. They're pointless, purely for base entertainment purposes. I was having a nice conversation with a Jacksonville Jaguars scout at Shrine practice, when I told him that I was with a draft website he immediately chided me by asking (dripped with sarcasm) if we had our mock draft up yet. It wasn't until I assured him I don't particularly give a rat's *** about mock drafts and it wasn't even appropriate until we knew for sure which juniors were coming out anyway, that right now we're spending all of our time watching the players and grading them, that our conversation resumed its seriousness.

Its all good CK. I agree mocks are pointless, I dont even read them to be honest. I was on a hockey board for 10 years, and there was a guy who claimed to have inside sources who was eventually outed as a fraud. Its probably why Im very leery of the guys who talk about their sources on a chat board. Its nothing personal. I appreciate the fact you put in alot of time and effort, and know your stuff. I dont agree with some of your opinions, and to be honest, I will be in shock if Phil Merling ever plays meaningfull snaps for the Phins at OLB.

BTW, this is way off topic, but how many people think Jason La Canfora of NFL Network is a virgin? I mean seriously..................

CK, have you heard anything regarding who the Hawks like? Kiper had them getting Morgan and Spiller, which sounds way too good to be true. Driscoll on here had them taking Mays at 6 and McKnight in the 2nd. Neither pick makes sense to me. They have a 3rd down type back already in Forsett, so why take McKnight? I think the days of 230 lb safeties are long gone too.

I appreciate that we could come to a better understanding, I really do. I'll try, as always, to rein in any instinct toward insufferableness (if that's a word).

But know that if I say that a guy that speaks with people inside the organization says that they've talked about Jared Odrick...I do mean that. That doesn't mean they're going to take him. It's just whatever it's worth. Maybe they do talk about a ton of different prospects and so any given name you hear from them is useless. Or maybe not. I can say this KIND of information has bore fruit in the past, with both the Dolphins and with other teams...so who really knows. If the Dolphins are talking about Jared Odrick at #12, at the very least MAYBE it tells us that they doubt they'll be considering him at, let's say, #73.

Ya, just knowing how Parcells is, I think we both would agree he would never leak who he really wants. Any Hawks news you have heard wouold be great. Im 2 hours out of Seattle, but the guys down here suck as far as rumors go ...................

I'll keep my ears open. Sometimes Boomer will hear something totally random like who the Bills will take.

I'll keep my ears open. Sometimes Boomer will hear something totally random like who the Bills will take.

To me Derrick Morgan makes sense, as I could see them getting rid of Kerney. I think its McShay that was talking them up looking at Clausen or Bradford at 14 if they are there.

I like Derrick Morgan myself. This is Buffalo though, they rarely make sense nowadays. Look at that hiring process. Ridiculous. They lost all of their assistants, even the ones they wanted to keep, simply because they waited longer than three weeks between firing Jauron and hiring a replacement. The initial short list of names they thought about for the head coaching job included (and I'm not kidding) Jim Haslett and Marc Trestman. Yeah, that's the UFL head coach Haslett, and a CFL coach Trestman (the guy who used to be Miami's QB coach/OC for a year). Then they hire Chan Gailey. All three had been fired as assistant coaches. They wanted them for head coach. I think they're trying to get moved out of town...like they have to disillusion X number of fans before it's safe to go, and they suffered a setback when they fired Jauron because the fans became too jubilant.

Hence THEY will take Taylor Mays. Mwahaha.

All I know is once again the Pats have a tonne of picks, and it pisses me off. They will get a major infusion of talent onto that defense. Not good.

I swear if the Dolphins became as good as they are at trading present picks for future picks, within a few years we would have a plethora of picks just like the Patriots always do.

It's arbitrage, but the NFL is stuck on the notion that a 2nd rounder today is worth a 1st rounder tomorrow. The Patriots have figured out that arbitrage, they've reflected it in all their dealings since like 2002, and this is why every year they have a ton of picks.

the pats won't be stockpiling talent if they keep drafting players like ron brace in the middle of round 2...i don't know when i've seen a more overrated and purely 1 dimensional nose get so much hype...really

Ya, just knowing how Parcells is, I think we both would agree he would never leak who he really wants. Any Hawks news you have heard wouold be great. Im 2 hours out of Seattle, but the guys down here suck as far as rumors go ...................

Listen dude, there are a billion internet draft wannabes and stuff like that. Chris (CK) and I are just two in that endless pond. Suffice to say that becasue we've done this for a while, in the end, even a busted clock is wrong twice a day and when we've been right, often times it's because we've gotten a wink or a nod. Actually that's rubbish. I've never had a wink or a nod with regards the draft and I'm not sure Chris has, suffice to say you get my point.

You'll find a few people trying to run us down every once in a while and that's fine too. It's the draft after all and even the best get it wrong so badly that they lose their jobs. We're only truly accountable to ourselves. Yep, we can be sanctamonious every once in a while - Chris is a lot actually - but each year rumbles round and each year we crack on with what we're doing. We're ordinary fellas with normal jobs and I wouldn't leave my day job to be a scout anyway even if asked, which I won't anyway, but you get my drift.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that we know a couple of people. They are about as connected as anyone on a public fan forum is going to get. Just occasionally we get some information, but generally when we get it, we know that it's solid. As Chris mentioned earlier on in this very thread, we were told that Miami had been discussing Odrick internally and was one of a few names that the team were high on coming off the back of the season. You only have to check to look at the Sun Sentinel draft blogs for last season to see the pre draft pimpathon surrounding Sean Smith and I will happily show you the emails that I sent in the run up tro the 44th pick saying that the selection would be Pat White. Hell it was printed in the Sentinel the following Tuesday.

We don't make out that we're connected, that we have the ear of Jeff Ireland. I don't think CK's even been to Ireland. But we've done this a long time as I think I rambled about, about ten minutes ago and both of us know media people, NFL scouts, coaches, etc. We've both been asked to work in the past for good scouting people, myself with Frank Coyle, Chris scouting cubic zirconia for Kays Jewellers.

But seriously, no matter what you hear, we don't post stuff to:

a) play Billy Big Bollocks
b) make it seem like we're geniuses and every one else isn't even though it seems like that because at the end of the day, I still get up and go to work Tuesday thru Saturday, as does Chris and none of that work involves hip dipping, correct hand placement, forty times, nice bubbles or fluid backpedals.
c) And what we post is an opinion, just like the opinions of millions of draft fans out there. But the fact that we've been doing it for a while and spend hundreds and hundreds of hours doing this as a hobby means you probably can trust us.

Unless it's a skinny WR/KR/PR/former CB from Ohio State because that's a mulligan.

Take it easy
B

Back
Top Bottom