Dolphins love Jared Odrick | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins love Jared Odrick

At no point when doing this do I feel the back of my jeans tightening.

Is it wrong to say that I'm tenting right now?

After all, I've just put on a selection of Zane Beadles's finest moments.

Well I personally hope it goes without saying how much 99.9% of Dolphins fans appreciate the work of people like CK, Boomer, Conuficius, hooshoops, TedSlimm and everyone else who puts in the time to do their own scouting and share their insights with the rest of us. But in case it doesn't, allow me to say on behalf of that great silent majority: Thank You.

There are, of course, hundreds of Draftniks out there, but very few focus on the Dolphins and their needs, and I know that I for one appreciate the talents of the above, especially the guys at Universal Draft. I know that I've always loved the draft and have done my best to be well informed and watch every one since 1999. ****, I remember back thinking Giovanni Carmazzi would be a good QB. Oops!

The thing I think it's important to remember is that no talent evaluator is the be-all, end-all. Everybody has certain things they look for. Randy Mueller -- it's speed. Parcells loves size and strength. The trick for a franchise is to have a GM and a coach who agree on what's important.

For me, someone who loves the draft but doesn't really have the time to do enough of my own scouting, I try to pay attention to just a few people who I know and have come to trust rather than just reading everything form every jackass out there with a DVR and a notebook. It's important to know where people are coming from in their evaluations. I personally have always believed that perspective was more important than knowledge, and the only way to have the correct perspective on any piece of knowledge you obtain is to know where and who it came from.

To varying degrees, about varying things, for my money the people above have earned the right to have their opinions listened to by over the long term having proved themselves conscientous and, now and then, right about things. For that I thank them sincerely. And I hope they continue to keep it up.

One day, I hope we'll all have access to coaches tape. What a boon that would be to fans everywhere!

Actually that's rubbish. I've never had a wink or a nod with regards the draft and I'm not sure Chris has, suffice to say you get my point.

When you say that, it sounds sexual for some reason. Damn anglish.

We've both been asked to work in the past for good scouting people, myself with Frank Coyle, Chris scouting cubic zirconia for Kays Jewellers.

You're getting predictable. I may make a reference to your scouting pubic man-bonia.

I still get up and go to work Tuesday thru Saturday, as does Chris and none of that work involves ... nice bubbles or fluid backpedals.

I guess you're off the clock during bathroom break.

Is it wrong to say that I'm tenting right now?

After all, I've just put on a selection of Zane Beadles's finest moments.

does beadles look better to you as a tackle or as a guard??? i'm trying to figure that out myself...

ck??? slimm??? etc???

i was thinking guard myself...but am i mistaken or was he not an all american tackle this year???

I know the stuff I heard before the Senior B, although I haven't watched him closely before the senior B week.

But he looked awful all week. Looked very slow and weak.

Don't know if he practiced injured or what. But he looked WAY out of his league. He was getting murdered on a daily basis. In all phases

I know the stuff I heard before the Senior B, although I haven't watched him closely before the senior B week.

But he looked awful all week. Looked very slow and weak.

Don't know if he practiced injured or what. But he looked WAY out of his league. He was getting murdered on a daily basis.

yeah he was no doubt...i just wonder about a kick inside...but i'm not sure he's the kind of power inside player that we would consider anyways...unlike a john jerry who i think we'd be all over

John Jerry = impressive

yes

and versatile...and this regime loves versatile olinemen...he's like garner who i thought played very well all things considered in that he can handle right tackle and offensive guard...

i know i'd like to have john jerry very much...

if Ordick is being loved by the fins, i am happy. he can hold his ground, he has solid hands, and can really push the pocket but keep it contained....

not sure where he is listed draft wise though.

other guys i want to start looking into though at NT is... Geno Atkins, and Alex Carrington (HUGE POWER GUY)... jsut to add to some names already stated!!!

Beadles is not a guy i want to draft in, looks slow, looks unagressive, and seems to not handle the speed like many talented OL struggle with at the next level.

OG- Mike Iupati is the real deal if you want to discuss a spot, and i bet many of you know of him by now!!! he is extremely aggressive, has great leverage and feet, and anchors in.... i would not personally want him at tackle like some have stated, he just does so unbelievably well within the interior, compared to in space!!!

does beadles look better to you as a tackle or as a guard??? i'm trying to figure that out myself...

ck??? slimm??? etc???

Back
Top Bottom