Dolphins love Jared Odrick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins love Jared Odrick

uh, the 7th defenseman is usually a healthy scratch. at least on the sabres.

yeah, and as soon as one of the top 6 defensemen gets hurt, you're in. since one of the top 6 is usually banged up, you're basically playing full-time. i wasn't talking about ice time, i was talking about the amount of games played.

some teams even play the 7th defender on the checking line.

yeah, and as soon as one of the top 6 defensemen gets hurt, you're in. since one of the top 6 is usually banged up, you're basically playing full-time. i wasn't talking about ice time, i was talking about the amount of games played.

So basically a back up to the starters.

some teams even play the 7th defender on the checking line.
So basically he is just a plodding plugger with no real skill.

No thanks.

That's not what you look for in the top half of the 1st round in the NHL draft. Those plugs can be found anywhere and come cheap.

When you draft at the top half of the round, you are looking for a top 2 line player minimum, a top-4 defenseman minimum, or a starting goalie.. PERIOD. Not a bottom pairing defenseman (or a 7th for crying out loud), or a 3rd line checker or 4th line forward. The NHL is littered with those stiffs who have very little to no skill, and are always on waivers and can be had quite cheap

And it's certainly not what you look for in the top half of the 1st round in the NFL draft.

Your theory is seriously flawed.

So basically a back up to the starters.

So basically he is just a plodding plugger with no real skill.

No thanks.

That's not what you look for in the top half of the 1st round in the NHL draft. Those plugs can be found anywhere and come cheap.

When you draft at the top half of the round, you are looking for a top 2 line player minimum, a top-4 defenseman minimum, or a starting goalie.. PERIOD. Not a bottom pairing defenseman (or a 7th for crying out loud), or a 3rd line checker or 4th line forward. The NHL is littered with those stiffs who have very little to no skill, and are always on waivers and can be had quite cheap

And it's certainly not what you look for in the top half of the 1st round in the NFL draft.

Your theory is seriously flawed.

my theory was in reference to the playing time of our back-up DL and had no relevance for the draft.

You used a hockey reference that was quite amusing let me say.

ahh ok greasy. I thought you were lending credence to CK's stance early in the thread by using the hockey reference. And then laying credibility to those positions.

If that wasn't the case, my bad.

Went to school with Odrick. What a story that would be especially if he signs with the Fins. It'd give me all the more reason to root for him.

No ones saying he doesn't have the talent, they are saying we have more then enough talent at DE for Odrick to be a good pick for us at 12. Not when Dez, McClain, Thomas and even Spiller are as talented and fill a greater need for this team. By all means if our DE position was average then Odrick would make sense and hold great value.

This theory of BPA no matter what position makes little sense at certain times, should we go DE at our 2nd pick aswell because of BPA? Reaching is the problem when your desperate to fill a need, but fortunately for us there will be plenty of talent that fits a need at 12 that won't be reaching.
In my opinion you have to go BPA when that player fits your system. I would be excited if our pick was Odrick. He is a beast and would wreak havoc in this system. It is better to have too many good players at a posistion then to have just enough. We will figure something out with the other DE's by either trying Merling at SOLB or trading someone.

As far as I am concerned the only real sure fire need player available would be Dez Bryant. Something about McClain scares me, and something is telling me that he won't dominate in the NFL. I could be wrong, but that is just a feeling that I have. I would be upset if we took Spiller in round 1. I know we need depth at RB if Ronnie isn't 100% and Ricky will be calling it quits after the season. But there are always quality backs available in rounds 2 and 3. Look at Shonn Greene, arguably he played better than the 1st round backs last year.

1st off, any player Miami is leaking out that they " love " before the draft you can go ahead and just about take them off their board as anyone they would pick in the 1st round. WE are going on our 3rd year with Bill here, you all should know better then to buy into that BS.

Second:He would be a LDE in a 3-4 if he came here.................When was the last time a 3-4 team drafted a LDE as a top 12 pick.I can't think of a time that has happen in the last 21 years i've followed the draft.

Third:Kendall Langford has been a good player for us and drafting a player to take over his spot would just about be retarded when we have so many other needs.

A team can win with Langford as a LDE, but you can't win, when your FS sucks and have no WR that can get open deep and catch a ball, you only have one decent Cover ILB,Your only good OLB is what 35 or 36, and on his last leg.We also need a TE that can put some fear in safeties more then a new LDE.

And last, i've seen Odrick a'lot he does get off the snap fast but what about making plays......................i mean really.Getting off the ball fast is great, when it leads to making plays, but with him it doesn't.

To me Jared Odrick = John Bosa 2.0

The comparison of Odrick to Jay Ratliff is intriguing. Though, is it possible for Bill & Jeff to catch lightning in a bottle twice?

McDaniel played some NT after Ferguson went down? Maybe Nolan has a master plan to become aggressive & unpredictable? Perhaps, the D will set a trend like the O did w/ the 'cat?

Is this misdirection? Penn St has 2 other players (Lee & Bowman) who play positions the phins need upgrades/depth/youth at.

It couldn't be that Ireland & Sparano are looking Daryll Clark or Quarless; could it?

The comparison of Odrick to Jay Ratliff is intriguing. Though, is it possible for Bill & Jeff to catch lightning in a bottle twice?

McDaniel played some NT after Ferguson went down? Maybe Nolan has a master plan to become aggressive & unpredictable? Perhaps, the D will set a trend like the O did w/ the 'cat?

Is this misdirection? Penn St has 2 other players (Lee & Bowman) who play positions the phins need upgrades/depth/youth at.

It couldn't be that Ireland & Sparano are looking Daryll Clark or Quarless; could it?

Only player I can't see us looking at is Clark. Quarless was in and out of JoePa's dog house, but his big issue was just growing up from a kid to a man (which he did as a senior and had a damn good year). Bowman is still a little immature, but is a very intriguing prospect with a great blend of blitzing and coverage skills. Sean Lee IMO would be a first rounder had he not torn his ACL before the 08 season. Lee may not have gotten the hype of other PSU LBs like Pozlusney and Connor, but he is a better athlete than either of those 2.

As for Odrick? I've said for awhile that he could be like Jay Ratliff, but I've also said he was probably the most dominant defensive player this year not named Suh. He just didn't get that much credit because of the 2 NFL LBs behind him. He's a great player that I'd love to have on this team. Whether it's him as a 3-4 DE, NT, or a 4-3 DT. He would not disappoint.

This thread is full of people who don't care about BPA. This is like if Gerald McCoy drops to 12, u would have people wanting to pass because he isn't a 3-4 NT.

Honestly, who cares?

If Odrick is the BPA available, u take him . . . PERIOD. U can't afford to take a lower rated guy because he fills a need over a guy who is clearly a better player at a position we have better depth at.

If this guy is the next Richard Seymour on defense . . . you would really pass him up, because he doesn't fill the biggest need? Nah man. Like CK said, Merling is doing a OLB move, and Langford is solid, but not a BEAST. McDaniel and Dotsen are fantastic rotational guys. Plus with the 3-4 taking over the NFL, teams are looking for quality DE's, so Langford may net us a 2nd/3rd . . . u get that pick, it doesn't seem as bad now.

All I'm saying is, u don't reach for Ted Ginn who probably was a late 1st round projection by many because your offense lacks a big play WR, returner and speed.

U draft Patrick Willis . . . even with Crowder, Porter, JT and Zach Thomas already on the team (And don't give me Crowder sucks because that was his 3rd year and he was consistent, a starter on alot of teams), because he is the higher rated player and gives you options.

that's just it...i don't think that jared odrick will be the bpa when we pick...

and if i've got someone with the same grade at another position of need as odrick given our depth at def end i'm taking the other guy...

period

Back
Top Bottom