Dolphins love Jared Odrick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins love Jared Odrick

Which isn't a reason to assume he IS the next Jay Ratliff.

Jay Ratliff is an uncommon player at the nose.

Don't confuse a negative for a positive. You still generally want a nose that has a more stout build than Jay Ratliff. He's the exception, not the rule.

exactly...

To me this is as much about need as anything.

I think Merling needs to be moved outside to linebacker.

I think Kendall Langford may have potential but he hasn't shown if very consistently at all. I looked for him to take a big step up this year and he basically flashed some great ability at the beginning of the year and the end of the year and was sort of OK in between. This is not a position where "OK" is acceptable, too much at stake on the position in a 3-4 defense.

Any of the three guys, between Merling, Langford and McDaniel, are definitely trade bait.

Hence, it's not a position you eliminate.

To me this is as much about need as anything.

I think Merling needs to be moved outside to linebacker.

I think Kendall Langford may have potential but he hasn't shown if very consistently at all. I looked for him to take a big step up this year and he basically flashed some great ability at the beginning of the year and the end of the year and was sort of OK in between. This is not a position where "OK" is acceptable, too much at stake on the position in a 3-4 defense.

Any of the three guys, between Merling, Langford and McDaniel, are definitely trade bait.

Hence, it's not a position you eliminate.

but why can't we use a later pick to fill that need if in fact that's what it becomes due to trade or merling moving etc...

carrington and oghaboose would be good players in our defense and wouldn't have to use pick #12 to acquire them...likely 3rd round availability

but why can't we use a later pick to fill that need if in fact that's what it becomes due to trade or merling moving etc...

carrington and oghaboose would be good players in our defense and wouldn't have to use pick #12 to acquire them...likely 3rd round availability

The difference between "could be" good players in our defense, and "will be" a good player in our defense.

The difference between "could be" good players in our defense, and "will be" a good player in our defense.

lol...come on...there's no guarantee that odrick "will be"

i think he would be but i also think oghaboose and carrington would as well...

to each his own...

In a way, it makes even less sense to use a mid-round pick on the position. A guy you get up at #12 is supposed to have a very high ceiling. A guy you get in the mid rounds is supposed to have a fairly low ceiling. What good is getting a low ceiling guy when we already have Langford and McDaniel, even if we do move Merling out to SOLB?

If you're going for that position, it's because you're getting a star...because the enemy of 'great' is 'good'.

In a way, it makes even less sense to use a mid-round pick on the position. A guy you get up at #12 is supposed to have a very high ceiling. A guy you get in the mid rounds is supposed to have a fairly low ceiling. What good is getting a low ceiling guy when we already have Langford and McDaniel, even if we do move Merling out to SOLB?

If you're going for that position, it's because you're getting a star...because the enemy of 'great' is 'good'.

i don't consider carrington or oghaboose to have low ceilings...but i guess if a guy is picked in that round it's because he's not viewed as quite the players that the guys in front of him are...either that or al davis is doing the drafting...lol

i don't know...i just know i wouldn't burn a top #12 pick on a 3-4 end given all our other needs and what i think will be available for us to choose from...

guess we'll see

FWIW, we (being us fine folks at Universal Draft) have also heard through our contacts that the Dolphins are very high on Jared Odrick.

At this point the only guy I would have no doubts of taking at 12 is Robert McClain. Odrick has really impressed me as well. As for Bryant he concerns me as well as Spiller. Spiller reminds me of Ginn for some weird reason. I have no problem with taking BPA at 12 instead of a need.

Jermaine Gresham, Brandon Spikes, Jared Odrick, C.J. Spiller, Jimmy Graham, Jason Pierre-Paul, Earl Thomas...that's about all I can think of. Some is public info some is not.

Back
Top Bottom