Dolphins | M. Wright has an opportunity, but he may not take advantage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins | M. Wright has an opportunity, but he may not take advantage

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Sun, 28 May 2006 19:53:14 -0700
Jason Cole, writing for the Sporting News, Miami Dolphins DT Manuel Wright is going into his second year and has a great opportunity to be a significant contributor if he can grasp the bigger picture. Wright has amazing quickness and can sometimes look like the best lineman in practice, but Wright is holding himself back by not getting into shape. Other players are extremely disappointed with the way Wright has handled himself this offseason. According to one member of the organization, Wright can't even finish the team's normal workout regimen. The team drafted two defensive tackles in the NFL Draft and Wright's roster spot could be up for grabs.

He'll be alright. Saban ain't gonna let him go to waste.

Saban4prez said:
He'll be alright. Saban ain't gonna let him go to waste.

There's comes a point in time where you have to not allow yourself to waste, rather than relying on someone else to prod you along.

There is no excuse for him showing up out of shape this year.

Im dissappointed in Manny; I felt he was turning a corner late last year. He needs to have more respect for his profession and his body because it would be a bloody waste to let his talent be overshadowed by stupid ---- like this throughout his career. Hes got the ability to be a dominating force on te field but instead hes choosing to be a dominant force at the kitchen table. Gotta wonder what he thinking besides "Im hungry"

PhinsTD said:
There's comes a point in time where you have to not allow yourself to waste, rather than relying on someone else to prod you along.

Could not have said it better.

The old saying that "you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink" comes to mind.

It's dissapointing news and not a good sign at all as to Wright's maturity.

FinAtic8480 said:
Sun, 28 May 2006 19:53:14 -0700
Jason Cole, writing for the Sporting News, Miami Dolphins DT Manuel Wright is going into his second year and has a great opportunity to be a significant contributor if he can grasp the bigger picture. Wright has amazing quickness and can sometimes look like the best lineman in practice, but Wright is holding himself back by not getting into shape. Other players are extremely disappointed with the way Wright has handled himself this offseason. According to one member of the organization, Wright can't even finish the team's normal workout regimen. The team drafted two defensive tackles in the NFL Draft and Wright's roster spot could be up for grabs.

My question is, where the hell is John Gamble or our conditioning coaches??!!!!! This is their responsibility to see to it that all the players are in shape!!! Maybe they need to be fired!!! :tantrum:

DefensiveEnd#76 said:
My question is, where the hell is John Gamble or our conditioning coaches??!!!!! This is their responsibility to see to it that all the players are in shape!!! Maybe they need to be fired!!! :tantrum:

You're kidding with this right?

For much of the offseason players are responsible for their own conditioning and lifting.

They ARE given specific workouts but for much of the offseason those workouts are not supervised by the team. It is Wright's responsibility to keep himself in shape and it is he that failed not any of the Phins staff.

This kid is supposed to be a "professional" and as a professional in any field you are ultimately responsible for staying on top of your game.

Trekbiz said:
You're kidding with this right?

For much of the offseason players are responsible for their own conditioning and lifting.

They ARE given specific workouts but for much of the offseason those workouts are not supervised by the team. It is Wright's responsibility to keep himself in shape and it is he that failed not any of the Phins staff.

This kid is supposed to be a "professional" and as a professional in any field you are ultimately responsible for staying on top of your game.

Then get rid of him, he's a worthless $*&%#!!! I know I read somewhere recently that Manny's weight was around 350. That is ridiculous!!! He needs to weigh no more then 320 if he is going to be able to contribute anything and have stamina.

DefensiveEnd#76 said:
Then get rid of him, he's a worthless $*&%#!!! I know I read somewhere recently that Manny's weight was around 350. That is ridiculous!!! He needs to weigh no more then 320 if he is going to be able to contribute anything and have stamina.

:lol:

Those might have been John Gamble's exact words to Saban when he saw Wright show up to camp.

He's still very young, I won't worry for a year or two. Besides he was 5th round pick, not a 1st.

This really sucks. He should be 30 lbs. lighter and can't stop eating? Weight problems can ruin a ceareer and it seems it could go that way.

I am sure most of you don't even know what it is like to be 350lbs. Well let me tell you he has to be that size if he is going to maintain muscle mass which he will need for the season. Being that size for years dropping 30 pounds will take about 30 days for him if not sooner in the Miami humidity. If you go into camp at 320 as a lineman you will see yourself about 290 by the season opener. What everyone should be wondering is how is his muscle mass compared to last year. I just love it when people start name calling and want to cut a player based on rumor and lack of information. Lets wait for the evidence first before we hang him.

Back
Top Bottom