Dolphins | M. Wright has an opportunity, but he may not take advantage | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins | M. Wright has an opportunity, but he may not take advantage

Congrats Crunchtime one ur 10,000 post!!!!!!

And yea big waste of talent, getting into shape is not a hard thing to do especially if u have personal trainers and what not

he must not relize that he is in the nfl , a dream that miillions have of doing and hes wasting his chances by showing up to work overweight and just not givin a ****

I think he'll come around attitude wise, he's what, 3 years out of high school? I know I wasn't mature enough at that age to be a pro athlete. I think we'll see the light come on with him later in the year.

Manny Wright has always had maturity issues which kind of show why he's so unprofessional about the way he does things. Saban needs to get this kid into gear before he gets too out of shape.

feelthepain said:
He's still very young, I won't worry for a year or two. Besides he was 5th round pick, not a 1st.

And that is why he was a 5th rounder. He's fat and lazy!!!

badfoot said:
Attitude is the problem here...I know he is 22 and i know we "only gave up a 5th"for SUPPOSED 1st round talent .. but this is a bad sign for the Manny Man...Considering his past and the fact that he actually got game time play last year ,he has NO business coming into camp out of shape .. and I dont buy the theory of him playing into shape or the he has to be at 350 to play at 320? cmon the article is talking about him not having the conditioning to finish the daily training circut!!! ...this is not the old football league, its a YEAR ROUND deal and they get paid damn good money to stay in shape,etc. in the offseason ..considering what he had at stake this year he should have been really working this offseason to show he is worth keeping ,I believe he IS in jeopardy of losing his roster spot regardless of his age and draft status versus "ability" saban doesnt mess around long so if Manny doesnt show alot in the next few months it will be bye bye. That posistion is Thin for us as it is and wasting a roster spot on a guy who is out of shape and unmotivated doesnt sound like something saban will do.Good luck manny.:(

With the amount of $$$ the players make they can hire a personal trainer to have someone to make sure they're in shape. No freakin excuse for being a fat blob!!!!

feelthepain said:
He's still very young, I won't worry for a year or two. Besides he was 5th round pick, not a 1st.

Yes, but it's still frustrating. From what I've read he has the physical talent to be a special player. It would be a shame if his immaturity held back his potential because he could develop into one of the top 5 DT's in the league IMO.
I remember when Bruce Smith was the 1st overall pick back in the late 80's. He was a fat kid from VT weighing a little over 300lbs. He had a decent rookie season and you could see his ability.
During the first 5 yrs of his career, however, he tranformed himself and became a workout/fitness warrior and dropped his body fat. He then became a 275 lb DE with the athleticism of an outside LB and the strength of D-lineman.
The fact the he played for the Jills doesn't diminish what a scary player he was.

Wow, can't believe how many fans are blow this thing sky high. I guess when there is no news...any little bit be magnified and dramatized here.

Big deal, the guy is overweight. Training camp has not started yet folks!
I'd bet that guys like Tim Bowens always showed up to minicamp overweight and lost it during TC.
If Manny works on his conditioning now up until the time training camp starts, it would show a world of improvement.

Superself said:
Wow, can't believe how many fans are blow this thing sky high. I guess when there is no news...any little bit be magnified and dramatized here.

Big deal, the guy is overweight. Training camp has not started yet folks!
I'd bet that guys like Tim Bowens always showed up to minicamp overweight and lost it during TC.
If Manny works on his conditioning now up until the time training camp starts, it would show a world of improvement.

Yea u make a good point. This really is getting blown out of proportion, these guys work out hard all year and if he wanted to stay home with the family some in the offseason and not hit the gym everyday, who are we to knock him. As long as he proves himself in TC that he is ready to go and does his thing he will be ok. I mean sure it would be nice to have a workout warrior on our hands, but u got guys in here chewing his head off. I personally think Wright will be fine and eventually take a nice workout regimen in the offseason, I'm not worried about it.

PhinsTD said:
There's comes a point in time where you have to not allow yourself to waste, rather than relying on someone else to prod you along.
agree with you, Crunchtime, and Trekbiz.

Then get rid of him, he's a worthless $*&%#!!! I know I read somewhere recently that Manny's weight was around 350. That is ridiculous!!!

YES! but, we should never have given up a pic for him anyways!!

do you think these bad habits just popped up? they knew the
rep he had in college.

and this exactly the kind of guy nick was NEVER going to bring
in, ala wanny, so much for that!

i am tired of seeing the "if he would just" kind of players in
miami. and i am tired of dishing out pics for them.

Anthony D. said:
This really sucks. He should be 30 lbs. lighter and can't stop eating? Weight problems can ruin a ceareer and it seems it could go that way.

you see its a devestating cycle...He eats because he is unhappy, and he is unhappy because he eats:goof:

Back
Top Bottom