Dolphins name new starting 5 on the OL and TE (merged 2x) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins name new starting 5 on the OL and TE (merged 2x)

Sorry D39..I started a thread on this before I read your post..

? is ...Is Dixon up to it, and what do we do with Smith and Spriggs...When Spriggs was healthy, he played pretty good..When both a back at good health..I think they could complete..CK made goods point on keeping them both on my first thread on this subject, but I think we can't afford to do that with some of the other young talent on the team..I.E. Baker, A. Johnson. Servens..4 TE's..We probably need additional depht in the secondary, but keep...Ray for continued development. ..These will be some hard decisions..I glad I'm not the coach..but if you paid me as much as they get..I think I could make the decision. LOL

Yea Den I did see it and apologized to D39 for posting this before I Read his post on my first thread. so if you read the last post on that thread you'd know I saw the mistake..just take this thread as a continuation thread of that one..D39 you may want to merge the two.

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I wouldn't mind if Cesario or Andrews were cut. There's a difference between keeping GOOD young talent and just keeping young guys. Andrews has kind of levelled off in my opinion. Warren Sapp was talking about him when he said #65 should be cut. I realize this was Warren but Andrews never got anywhere into the mix in terms of competition for the guard spots and was one of the reasons we were so reluctant to move Dixon last year. He's naturally a center so if the Dolphins had any faith in him likely they would have drafted a natural guard or tackle rather than Seth McKinney in the 3rd round. I wish we could psquad the kid but after spending a full season rostered, I'm not sure we can...And as for Cesario, well he's been fodder for a while now. Originally a 3rd round bust, he came to us and we tried him at a number of different positions. At one point it looked like he'd be a good backup RT but he too levelled off and the bottom line is both Spriggs and Smith would likely be flat out better than him for the near and longterm future, at backup RT.

Find our youth some other time...like next draft.

Its Cool Bro

I'm just having some fun man. Yours looks better with the hyperlink and all.:p

CK, if I'm not mistaken, Sapp said #75, not 65, should be cut. That would be Todd Perry, not Cesario. Not that I give a spit what Sapp says, though!

Not that I am an expert on young OL'men, but I just wish we would give these young guys a chance to see what they can do. I am refering to Cesario, and Andrew. I don't think they should start, but I would like to lose some dead weight like T. Perry, and fat ass Mayes, and be able to keep both of these promising (IMO) prospects.

If you people are hinging the hopes of your offensive line, starters or back-ups, on guys like Nails and Spriggs, you should hope they perform better for you than they did for us.

WNYRat, I don't think we're going to have both of them start..only Nails, he's had an outstanding Camp, he down in weight and moving pretty good..so we hope he stays committed..CK if Smith and Spriggs can't handle the Job, why hold on to both..I say we keep the best one, cut the other, so we room for next year's draft and maybe some one from this years cuts in other camp who may have to let some talent go..Then again by keeping both..I quess we have backup at both T positions that will probaly be better than anyone we bring at this stage.. But we should still look for cuts from other teams for our practice square..We should concentrate on T and G..guards in case Nails decides to eat himself off our team again.

If you can't see why...

Originally posted by WNYRat
If you people are hinging the hopes of your offensive line, starters or back-ups, on guys like Nails and Spriggs, you should hope they perform better for you than they did for us.

... Nails would be a better OG now than when he played at Buffalo you are just trying to act dumb. He's nearly 100 pounds lighter.

Oliver...

Ricky Williams made a mistake and said that Sapp said that 75 (Perry) should be cut. Sapp actually said 65 (Andrews) should be cut. Its in a Sun-Sentinel article.

Considering Dixon's injury history, rostering both Smith and Spriggs, definitely not out of the question.

It should be pointed out that Nails was outplayed several times Thursday against Norman Hand.

It should be pointed out that Nails was outplayed several times Thursday against Norman Hand.

I too thought Nails and Spriggs played awful in the Saints game but we have to go with the best that we have. Norv can call the usual plays to help against the pass rush, like short drops, screens, rollouts etc. I think it was Charlie Brown that said " If you can't impress them with brilliance dazzle em with B.S." :cool:

Back
Top Bottom