Dolphins name new starting 5 on the OL and TE (merged 2x) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins name new starting 5 on the OL and TE (merged 2x)

One other thing you gotta love about Dixon..is the way he looks at things..He realized he's not blocking 300 lb ers anymore and his biggest concern is protecting Jay blindside..so his comments are:

"You've got to understand, we throw the ball 50, 60 times up there, so you get 50 1-on-1s a game," Dixon said.

"So eventually even a lab monkey is going to figure out how to pass-block."

I hope the rest of the lab monkeys on our line feel that way.

Originally posted by Phinstd
Smith and Spriggs are the same age.

I would think they'd keep Smith since he's been on the team and actually played with these guys instead of being hurt and never really played much for us. I only give that as a potential tie breaker because the ability is too close to call right now.

i give the edge to Spriggs personally. Spriggs is bigger and can handle the job. he proved it last year against the best DE in the game. Brent smith is not getting to where he needs to be. Norv likes big linemen who can move. i chalk that up to spriggs. but Dixon will be our LT first. but what do i know? i think smith being friends with Dixon has nothing to do with it. too many peoples jobs are on the line to make decisions based on friendships. not when it ocmes to players. as far as smith "playing with these guys", i dont think that is a correct assumpition. Smith played two years ago spotting Webb. he was injured from the get go last year, and spriggs hasnt really had time to gel or get going. I think smith had the job to lose and he lost it. plain and simple. he is a bit slow.

I hate to say it , but I do think Spriggs is better than Smith right now and probaly has more Up side when he gets well..I think we keep Spriggs of the two.

Back
Top Bottom