Dolphins' New OLine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' New OLine

From the article:

Outlook: Unlike the Bills, the Dolphins could have a different starter at every position on the offensive line in 2020 and nobody would be surprised. At this point, there's not even any certainty were some players will line up, especially rookie second-round pick Robert Hunt and Jesse Davis. Austin Jackson and Hunt were drafted because of their long-term potential, though there might be some growing pains. In terms of talent, there is no question this is a better group than the 2019 version, but it might not show on the field immediately.

Projected opening-day starters: LT Austin Jackson, LG Ereck Flowers, C Ted Karras, RG Robert Hunt, RT Jesse Davis according to this link

Ok so what happens when And if Tua plays? Is there a switch? Im not sure if Jesse Davis needs to be on Tua’s blindside

Ok so what happens when And if Tua plays? Is there a switch? Im not sure if Jesse Davis needs to be on Tua’s blindside

He's got some experience so he may be the starter but right tackle is very important when Tua eventually get in.
Long term it may take another draft or a FA next year to find our right tackle if the rookies don't step up

He's got some experience so he may be the starter but right tackle is very important when Tua eventually get in.
Long term it may take another draft or a FA next year to find our right tackle if the rookies don't step up
now that you say that, can Austin make that switch? I agree w you long term, but Tua might play this year and they need to have a plan in place. if Jesse Davis is on Tua's blindside, Tua will be obliterated

now that you say that, can Austin make that switch? I agree w you long term, but Tua might play this year and they need to have a plan in place. if Jesse Davis is on Tua's blindside, Tua will be obliterated

Hopefully someone steps up . We shall see.

As they say Rome wasn't built in a day :shrug:

Here's the lineup I'd like to see:

LT - A. Jackson LG - E. Flowers C - M. Dieter* RG - S. Kindley RT - R. Hunt

Swing BU Tackle - J. Davis

* Either M. Dieter or D. Stanley - Give Dieter the first crack at following Karras towards the middle of the season. Karras remains as back up to C and G. D. Stanley could surprise. I saw a few publications that had him going in the third or fourth round.

From Austin Jackson himself:

So, 13 picks after selecting Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa at No. 5, Miami nabbed USC’s rising offensive tackle Austin Jackson. Now the question is, when Jackson is ready to move into a starting role, will he remain on the left side of the line or move to the right side to protect the left-handed Tagovailoa’s blind side?

“Definitely,” the 6-foot-5, 322-pound Jackson said when asked if he could play right tackle. “I played both tackle positions my whole life. I played guard ... everywhere on the line. I don’t have an ego that tells me I’m only a left tackle.

“I can play football and help out the team any way I can.”

So, 13 picks after selecting Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa at No. 5, Miami nabbed USC’s rising offensive tackle Austin Jackson. Now the question is, when Jackson is ready to move into a starting role, will he remain on the left side of the line or move to the right side to protect the left-handed Tagovailoa’s blind side?

“Definitely,” the 6-foot-5, 322-pound Jackson said when asked if he could play right tackle. “I played both tackle positions my whole life. I played guard ... everywhere on the line. I don’t have an ego that tells me I’m only a left tackle.

And people wonder why Miami chose him, crazy athlete, young with potential and a A+ person and teammate

Of course that’s what he’s gonna say. He hasn’t played a down yet. I’m sure that’s what he told every team in interviews etc on zoom.

doesn’t mean it’s his best fit

Back
Top Bottom