Dolphins news! Releases and contract info | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins news! Releases and contract info

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/02/23/a5c_DolphinsNFL_0223.html

The Dolphins gained salary-cap relief Tuesday by releasing defensive end Jay Williams and agreeing to guarantee a $5 million roster bonus owed in March to wide receiver Chris Chambers.

Miami, also planning to release quarterback Jay Fiedler and safety Arturo Freeman and restructure the contract of defensive end David Bowens this week, no longer is expected to re-sign free-agent linebacker Morlon Greenwood.:cry:
The Chambers deal will save us about $4 million this year.
With the top two free-agent running backs off the market, Miami seems more likely to use the No. 2 pick in the April NFL Draft on a running back.

To get under the salary cap by March 2, the Dolphins are asking some players, such as tackle Damion McIntosh, to rework their contracts or be released.
Fullback Rob Konrad, the subject of some trade rumors Tuesday, has been deemed medically healthy and is down about 20 pounds, to 235.

Clumpy said:
I like Konrad.......I'll give ya a late rd cond 2006
That actually might not be a bad trade. A conditional pick for Konrad may be the way to go just in case for some reason he actually shows up for a season.

I like, unlike many here, still like Konrad and it's unfortunate that he's gotten the injury bug the past couple of season. It's also a shame that his productivity was shelved by our former ring leader. Always the promise to use Rob as a short pas option, but never called in the game. I hope he'll restructure and stay in Miami.

I thought Morlon finally showed more talent this year. I think we should resign him rather than trying to restructure mr. 36 yo Seau. I like Junior a lot, but I'd rather keep the younger LB around. I mean, how much could Morlon be asking for?

ChrisKo said:
I thought Morlon finally showed more talent this year. I think we should resign him rather than trying to restructure mr. 36 yo Seau. I like Junior a lot, but I'd rather keep the younger LB around. I mean, how much could Morlon be asking for?
compared to some LBs on our roster Morlon isn't that young either..

Losing Greenwood is definetley a bummer... I wonder if Seau will return. If he doesn't, were stuck with only Eddie Moore, B. Ayanbadejo, and C. Jenkins. I think bringing Greenwood back would be the smart thing to do. For this season atleast.

I'm not sure how I feel about Morlon yet, but I'm all about trading Konrad, preferably for a pick this year, not next.

Wildbill3 said:
compared to some LBs on our roster Morlon isn't that young either..

He's 27 and will be 28 this July. This is the start of some of his better years. He now understands the NFL schemes and has been in the NFL weight program for 4 years. But who am I to question the NFL pros? Guess I should just wait it out like I have been. Just got bored tonight and felt like posting :D

What's the deal with Bumbaclott Greenwood? I thought it was almost a sure thing that we'd try to re-up with him.

I'd be alittle surprised if we let Greenwood go and that'd change my thinking a little bit about what we might do on draft day.

Ozzy rules!!

ChrisKo said:
I like, unlike many here, still like Konrad and it's unfortunate that he's gotten the injury bug the past couple of season. It's also a shame that his productivity was shelved by our former ring leader. Always the promise to use Rob as a short pas option, but never called in the game. I hope he'll restructure and stay in Miami.
Nope, sorry, Konrad has missed games since he played his first season in 1999. He has played only 57 games (3.5 seasons worth) in the past 6 years. He has never been able to stay healthy, and making alot of money while sitting on the bench.

He has never played more than 14 games in a season, in his 6 years in the NFL. He has averaged less than 7 games a season...

1999= started 9 games...
2000= started 14 games...
2001= started 9 games...
2002= started 12 games...
2003= started 12 games...
2004= started 1 game...

Its time to move on with Korand...

little surprised by the greenwood news - not surprised at all by williams

The Wolf: J.T. lead the way. Boys, get to work.
Jay Williams: A please would be nice.
The Wolf: What?
Jay Williams: I said a please would be nice.
The Wolf: Get it straight, gentlemen: I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do. And if self-preservation is an instinct that you possess, you'd better do it and do it quick. If my help's not appreciated, lots of luck, gentlemen.
J.T.: No, Mr. Wolf, it ain't like that...
Jay Williams: I don't mean any disrespect, I just don't like people barking orders at me.
The Wolf: If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please, with sugar on top, or i'm cleaning house.

Back
Top Bottom