Dolphins news! Releases and contract info | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins news! Releases and contract info

Disnardo said:
Nope, sorry, Konrad has missed games since he played his first season in 1999. He has had played only 57 games (3.5 seasons worth) in the past 6 years. He has never been able to stay healthy, and making alot of money while sitting on the bench.

He has never played more than 14 games in a season, in his 6 years in the NFL. He has averaged less than 7 games a season...

1999= started 9 games...
2000= started 14 games...
2001= started 9 games...
2002= started 12 games...
2003= started 12 games...
2004= started 1 game...

Its time to move on with Korand...

Wow, I was going off memory and didn't realize Konrad missed that many games (thanks for the info). You are correct, at his current salary, he's totally over paid. I retract my statement and say let Konrad go. I have no doubt that my boy Sammy can hold down the FB position (just takes us down to 1RB with Gordon). Jamar Martin is a nice blocking FB, but I'm still pissed that we didn't keep Deon Dyer around, that guy was a blocking beast!

You forget that in losing Greenwood, we may be losing the team's best rapper.:(

DiepatriotsDie said:
You forget that in losing Greenwood, we may be losing the team's best rapper.:(
If he's a rapper then he's no loss at all... :roflmao:

Ozzy rules!!

Disnardo said:
Nope, sorry, Konrad has missed games since he played his first season in 1999. He has played only 57 games (3.5 seasons worth) in the past 6 years. He has never been able to stay healthy, and making alot of money while sitting on the bench.

He has never played more than 14 games in a season, in his 6 years in the NFL. He has averaged less than 7 games a season...

1999= started 9 games...
2001= started 9 games...
2004= started 1 game...

Its time to move on with Korand...
Konrad played:

1999= 15 games
2000= 15 games
2001= 12 games
2002= 16 games
2003= 14 games
2004= 10 games

He didn't start a lot of games becuase we started with 2 TE's or 3 WRs, not because he was injured. He played 82 of 96 possible regular season games

Losing Greenwoods not that big a deal. We can pick up some later round picks in trades or moving down and pickup a few developmental Lb's later in the draft. Hes decent but we do have salary cap issues and hes just the odd man out. Happens. Fb and Lb are a position you can develop with some late picks, not a huge issue.

Still need a LT, thats the issue Im wondering about what Saban's going to do..

no longer is expected to re-sign free-agent linebacker Morlon Greenwood
I think they're negotiating with Greenwood's agent and they think he's asking too much. There's a price at which we'd re-sign him... and there's a price above which we'd let him walk. He's on the wrong side of the line. Saying, "fine, -- leave" is what ya gotta do.

No one's gonna mistake Greenwood for an all-pro, but he was solid in the position last year. We have few LBs and so many needs... I just don't see us in much of a position to replace both him and Seau within the next year when we need to replace so much else.

ChrisKo said:
I like, unlike many here, still like Konrad and it's unfortunate that he's gotten the injury bug the past couple of season. It's also a shame that his productivity was shelved by our former ring leader. Always the promise to use Rob as a short pas option, but never called in the game. I hope he'll restructure and stay in Miami.

I'm with you all the way!

If Greenwood is released i will bet money with anybody here that Derrick Johnson is our draft choice

Disnardo said:

1999= started 9 games...
2001= started 9 games...
2004= started 1 game...
that's actually more than 7 games per season, more like a little over 9 games per season

but still, i dont' mind konrad, but if we keep him we need to use him

Disnardo said:

1999= started 9 games...
2001= started 9 games...
2004= started 1 game...
I agree that it's time to get rid of Konrad. But man, where did you learn your math at? :confused:

57 games/ 6 years = 9.5

I liked Morlon. The fact that were letting him go doesnt mean that he didnt perform - we just cant afford to pay him what hes worth. Truth be told, hes exactly the kind of player we SHOULDNT resign. THe Eagles let players of Greenwood's caliber go every year, and simply retool with younger, cheaper guys that also fit the system. Thats why their cap position is always so enviable.

I'm disappointed about Greenwood. Obviously Saban feels Moore is good to go along with Seau.

I'd like to see Konrad stick around... we need to get him to concentrate then utilise him in the Jim Kleinsasser role.

I'd like to see McIntosh go.

wonder what made saban change his mind about Greenwood. Perhaps Johnson in the draft has something to do with it?

Back
Top Bottom