Dolphins news! Releases and contract info | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins news! Releases and contract info

LB is a postion that can be filled easily by average talant if you are replacing average talant. We can drop greenwood save money off the cap & pick up another comperable LB for less. Now if Greenwood showed he was going to be great then that would be another story. You either have it or you don't. DJ is a special talant not like Greenwood who was filling in a roster spot. He was not exeptional he was average. We can find that from another roster for less money.

the Greenwood move disappoints me, but as someone else has said the Eagles make moves like this every year, and it doesn't hurt him.

I do believe this makes Derrick Johnson's chance of being picked by us alot greater.

Greenwood not being re-signed is a bit odd but I don't think that necessarily means we're going after Johnson. LB'er yes, Johnson, eh? Johnson's value is in the middle part of the first round, I don't really feel he is worth a top 10 pick considering the talent depth. Others that may be possiblities are Shawn Merriman, Kevin Burnett, Robert McCune, Daryl Blackstock, Channing Crowder, Rian Wallace, Odell Thurman, Barrett Rudd, Lofa Tatupu, etc.

Granted, Johnson is a baller but has his own issues as well as anyone else.

I think that Saban will be going to a 3-4 in the next two years.

If we Re-Sign Greenwood to a multi year deal we would be stuck with him and he would not fit our defense.(6`0 235lbs)

He is to small to play in the 3-4 that we will probably switch to in 2006.

So why sign the guy thru 2009?

I think thats the reasoning.

IMO

DiepatriotsDie said:
You forget that in losing Greenwood, we may be losing the team's best rapper.:(
Morlon has a lipth. (Spelling?)

Call this speculation, but I believe that Saban feels he can get a LB in the first round of the draft, which is why he let Morlon go. I believe that he may have already worked out a trade with a Colts for Surtain and the Colts 1st rounder, guaranteeing that Saban will be able to use 1 first rounder on a RB, and the other on a guy like Shawn Merriman, who would be perfect at #30. Just a thought. I don't see why you would let Morlon go otherwise, unless he was sure he could address LB somewhere else.

MadDawg020 said:
Call this speculation, but I believe that Saban feels he can get a LB in the first round of the draft, which is why he let Morlon go. I believe that he may have already worked out a trade with a Colts for Surtain and the Colts 1st rounder, guaranteeing that Saban will be able to use 1 first rounder on a RB, and the other on a guy like Shawn Merriman, who would be perfect at #30. Just a thought. I don't see why you would let Morlon go otherwise, unless he was sure he could address LB somewhere else.
very good point.:)

X-Con said:
What's the deal with Bumbaclott Greenwood? I thought it was almost a sure thing that we'd try to re-up with him.

I can't believe you typed bumbaclott!!!!

:roflmao:

IMO the reason that Konrad stuck around so long was because he was in injured so often.

I did not like him.A tweener type of FB.Not a good RB,Not much power as a FB,Not a natural blocker although he learned to be adequate at it.He is a good receiver but he dropped too many balls as he started to look downfield before he had the ball in his hands.I wont miss him and I think Morris can do the job at a mucher cheaper price.

MadDawg020 said:

I hope you're right and sounds like a good plan, but I doubt Merriman would be there at 30..

Given To Fly said:
Konrad played:

1999= 15 games
2000= 15 games
2001= 12 games
2002= 16 games
2003= 14 games
2004= 10 games

He didn't start a lot of games becuase we started with 2 TE's or 3 WRs, not because he was injured. He played 82 of 96 possible regular season games
Sorry I beg to differ, I might be wrong, but he was on the roster for the games, but did not play. Team always base its starts on the base Offensive formation. Kornrad was always on that roster, I believe he was only placed on IR this past year, but he was not on the start roster due to injury...

Disnardo said:
Sorry I beg to differ, I might be wrong, but he was on the roster for the games, but did not play. Team always base its starts on the base Offensive formation. Kornrad was always on that roster, I believe he was only placed on IR this past year, but he was not on the start roster due to injury...
I don't think starts are based on base offensive formation, i think i'ts based on offensive formation on first play of the game. According to NFL.com stats page, Donald Lee started 5 games in 2003, and 10 games in 2004, he is not part of our base offensive formation and McMichael didn't miss a game. Wade Smith is listed with 6 games played in 2004, doesn't matter he was part of the roster all 16 games and Jason Garret is listed with 0 games played and he was our 2nd QB the last game of the season and 3rd QB for like 7 games.

Back
Top Bottom