Dolphins news! Releases and contract info | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins news! Releases and contract info

Nublar7 said:
That actually might not be a bad trade. A conditional pick for Konrad may be the way to go just in case for some reason he actually shows up for a season.
This might not be good for us... He probably would never make the incentatives... :shakeno:

Greenwood was merely average....

Hell, in the short time learning our defense, rookie LB D. Pope played better than Greenwood ever has IMO...

Greenwood has been nearly invisible over the last three years. I won't miss "not hearing" his name... :roflmao:

PHINZ RULE!!!! :evil:

ChrisKo said:
I like, unlike many here, still like Konrad and it's unfortunate that he's gotten the injury bug the past couple of season. It's also a shame that his productivity was shelved by our former ring leader. Always the promise to use Rob as a short pas option, but never called in the game. I hope he'll restructure and stay in Miami.

I've always liked Konrad too. Up until this season, when he missed time, the offense always bogged down. He just never got used like DW always SAID he was going to use him...but that is water under the bridge...in Linehan's offense, we can do with or without a true fullback. He prefers more of an H-back type. We could see more of Donald Lee and hopefully he will do a better job of catching the ball than this past season.

I always liked Rob "Swing pass" Konrad. It was a shame we never used him. During Norv's first preseason, He was finally used like Moose Johnston was....screens, midrange passes....and he did well.

Then Wanny clamped down on Norv's neck and the rest is history.

Sorry Rob, we will never know what you could have done in your prime.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Greenwood was merely average....

Hell, in the short time learning our defense, rookie LB D. Pope played better than Greenwood ever has IMO...

Greenwood has been nearly invisible over the last three years. I won't miss "not hearing" his name... :roflmao:

PHINZ RULE!!!! :evil:
I hear ya on that, some games it was like he wasn't even playing.

HVACservice said:
I think that Saban will be going to a 3-4 in the next two years.

If we Re-Sign Greenwood to a multi year deal we would be stuck with him and he would not fit our defense.(6`0 235lbs)

He is to small to play in the 3-4 that we will probably switch to in 2006.

So why sign the guy thru 2009?

I think thats the reasoning.

IMO

his size does have something to do with it, but all of our LBs are small by NFL standards.(besides Seau). Maybe Saban just wants Bigger LBs.

ok - cap experts we have now cut 8.5 million and we were over by close to 12 million (according to fishhaven).

Doesn't seem too bad to me, if accurate.

Comments

d-day said:
not surprised at all by williams

The Wolf: J.T. lead the way. Boys, get to work.
Jay Williams: A please would be nice.
The Wolf: What?
Jay Williams: I said a please would be nice.
The Wolf: Get it straight, gentlemen: I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do. And if self-preservation is an instinct that you possess, you'd better do it and do it quick. If my help's not appreciated, lots of luck, gentlemen.
J.T.: No, Mr. Wolf, it ain't like that...
Jay Williams: I don't mean any disrespect, I just don't like people barking orders at me.
The Wolf: If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please, with sugar on top, or i'm cleaning house.

D-Day -

Where did you get this above quote? When did it take place?

Watch the movie Pulp Fiction. It is a mock up of that. With Sabin being Harvey Keitel, and Jason Taylor and Jay Williams being Samuel Jackson and John Travolta respectivley.

I got it. ;)

Mitchy71 said:
Watch the movie Pulp Fiction. It is a mock up of that. With Sabin being Harvey Keitel, and Jason Taylor and Jay Williams being Samuel Jackson and John Travolta respectivley.

I got it. ;)
ahhhh, slow on the draw this am.....thanks....had to laugh, thought it was way to interesting of a quote not to make a news article attributing to his release....

DUH!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom