Dolphins not cutting ties with Brandon Marshall(right now) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins not cutting ties with Brandon Marshall(right now)

They can't cut ties with him right now because of the lockout. Most of us know this. I have to imagine that if they uncover some interesting facts about Marshall causing the incident, and think a suspension may be coming, they may cut ties.

yes of course. However if you take the time to read the post youll notice that Salguero cites a few diff quotes from within the organization basically saying that they are showing brandon support and do not view releasing him to save 15million even a option at this point. Many were speculating the opposite. This seems to provide clues towards the contrary. . .

"The choice is simple: Pay the bonus, keep Marshall at least two more seasons, pay him guaranteed monies slated for 2011 and 2012, and deal with whatever drama Marshall has either on or off the field.

The other choice is to disconnect from Marshall because he has had a long history of problems, particularly of the domestic violence variety, and a leopard simply cannot change its spots. This option means the Dolphins will have had Marshall for only one season while giving up two second-round picks to Denver for that in return.

I am reporting the Dolphins currently, today, at this hour, have zero intention to get rid of Brandon Marshall. They aren't walking away from the investment that easily."

the Dolphins are wary of this current episode. They are sending Marshall messages of support through intermediaries. They want him to know they have his back. They want him and others to understand Marshall was the alleged victim here.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#ixzz1KNqKagVf

If they cut ties with him because he got stabbed, they are dumb. If they are combining this event with everything he did in the past, giving up 2 2nd round picks and a huge contract knowing all of this in advance . . . then I hope they lose every game so they can get fired and the new regime can draft Andrew Luck in 2012 . . . because that just would be the stupidest thing I've seen from the Fins, and they have done some dumb ****. Nobody forced them to trade for Marshall, they knew he had some baggage, and they did it anyways, hell, they probably overpaid for him . . . and then they cut him for his first incidient, and incident where he is the victim? Makes no sense

Good job on the speculation Armando, captain obvious.

This front office needs to cut ties and admit their mistake. As a fan, I'd be ok with that. This team does not need controversy along with the chaos it has already has encountered. Marshall in my opinion is a great player but the risk outweigh the benefits. He has repeatedly displayed acts of selfishness on and off the field and that kind of behavior is like a cancer in the locker room. Just get rid of him and cut your losses!!

This is what i was thinking is that there is no real option here. but others were insisting on these boards that this is what we need to do

another person who is reporting that miami doesnt look like they will be cutting Marshall after one season and 2 second round picks. . . according to jeff darlington on twitter and his dolphins source:

According to another Dolphins source, team is focused on "gathering info without rushing to judgment" regarding Brandon Marshall incident.

and

Source also said the team is not currently contemplating Marshall's long-term future in Miami. "We're not thinking that way," source said.

This is the same front office that kept Phillip Merling when everybody thought he would be cut. I'm pretty sure they have more information than us and the way its looking, Marshall will be starting week 1 at WR, barrring injury or lockout.

Yupp lets cut the guy after he gets stabbed, when there's zero evidence he even did anything to this braud.

Captian Obvious Armando

Here is the thing about the situation. People seem to want to cut him mostly because of his past in Denver and not what happened here. He was completely the VICTIM in this situation so releasing him makes no sense. If you are basing it on his time in Denver, than Miami wouldn't have made the trade. In my mind you have to base your decision on his future based on what happens when he is with the Dolphins, not what happened with the Broncos. When they traded for him, they fully understood what happened during his time there and were still willing to take a chance on him. Now, he was stabbed by his wife and 100% the victim. There is absolutely nothing that justifies dumping him.

Wait. People are advocating for a guy to be released from the team because he got stabbed and was the victim? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, and I'm not even a huge Brandon Marshall fan.

Wait. People are advocating for a guy to be released from the team because he got stabbed and was the victim? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, and I'm not even a huge Brandon Marshall fan.
That is the problem and I don't know how people feel this way. They seem to be getting on him because of the incidents in Denver not the one from this morning. All that other stuff happened prior to being in Miami and that did not scare Miami away. Why would they get rid of him when he was on the OPPOSITE side he is usually on in an altercation?

Let me ask this, if Bess had been the one stabbed this morning would people be calling for his release? After all, he spent time in jail years ago.

Back
Top Bottom