Dolphins not cutting ties with Brandon Marshall(right now) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins not cutting ties with Brandon Marshall(right now)

Of course they won't. It's not like the Dolphins have a sterling reputation to uphold or anything. These events are unfortunate but they are just part of what you get with Brandon Marshall. He is great at his job and at the end of the day that's all that the team should care about.

I have no problem with the FO office and coaches cutting Marshall, as long as when their done doing it, they go with him.

He is not going to get cut (haha), we are stuck with him.

He is mostly not going anywhere because most other teams have men with high IQ's making these decisions, and they would come to the conclusion that he is not worth it.

Trust me, they would trade him away now if they could get close to what they paid for him, but again, the lack of low hanging fruit.

Let me address another issue brought up again, and again by a forum wanna be lawyer. He contends all this "stuff" surrounding Marshall is just BS because there are no convictions, as if convictions, and convictions only, are the end all of personal responsibility.

Well, I would like to contend that his contention is complete BS. Convictions have much more to do with outside stimuli, than whether or not the event actually happened.

Marshall has the mental capacity of a three year old that still hasn't mastered potty training, and certainly throws a lot of fits. I am sure though, his employers, so far insist on him having very good representation (lawyers).

If you have money for good lawyers, this mat surprise you, but you can get away with murder (OJ). Can someone remember what happened to the witnesses that were ready to testify against Ray Lewis in that post Super Bowl killing about 10 years ago?? The statements they gave the police about his involvement changed, all of them, between the time of the incident, and gearing up for the trial. Gee, what could have happened there??

I mean do I have to go into all the cases in which we see our judicial process all screwed up, or can we just agree this forum member has issues.

I do not need the court system to tell me Marshall has problems, my eyes and ears tell me that. I do not trust him, and honestly think he is a mental midget. He missed two full games this year, and in one of them we had our best offensive output of the season by FAR.

I will not continue to put out facts that show all the details of him not being a top flight receiver, because this forum has shown that it does not want to listen. This thread is about whether or not he will be cut, he will not.

You guys, Brandon Marshall is going NOWHERE. And he'll have 1300 yards this year and 10 TDs.

That is the problem and I don't know how people feel this way. They seem to be getting on him because of the incidents in Denver not the one from this morning. All that other stuff happened prior to being in Miami and that did not scare Miami away. Why would they get rid of him when he was on the OPPOSITE side he is usually on in an altercation?

Let me ask this, if Bess had been the one stabbed this morning would people be calling for his release? After all, he spent time in jail years ago.
I'm guessing most people think Marshall started the fight, which he still might have.

You guys, Brandon Marshall is going NOWHERE. And he'll have 1300 yards this year and 10 TDs.

Do you realize that just about any receiver can get those numbers?

The trick, that nobody seems to understand, is having a receiver good enough to produce those numbers while not wasting all of your plays feeding him to get those numbers.

This has always been his problem, to get 1300 yds, he will need 110-115 catches. To get ~110 catches, he will need to be targeted ~180-190 times.

He will also drop about 14-16 with that many thrown to him, some of which will end up as interceptions.

If we are lucky, maybe this year he can actually have MORE explosive plays (20 + yds) than Fasano, that game breaker.

some of you guys are nuts. he is not going anywhere bc of this. No way we'd get rid of a top 10 wr. He has been doing good things since he has been here as well in the community. It would have been reported by now if she had any marks on her from him beating her, so i highly doubt that was the situation. He probably just cheated on her or something and she went nuts when she found out.

Do you realize that just about any receiver can get those numbers?

The trick, that nobody seems to understand, is having a receiver good enough to produce those numbers while not wasting all of your plays feeding him to get those numbers.

This has always been his problem, to get 1300 yds, he will need 110-115 catches. To get ~110 catches, he will need to be targeted ~180-190 times.

He will also drop about 14-16 with that many thrown to him, some of which will end up as interceptions.

If we are lucky, maybe this year he can actually have MORE explosive plays (20 + yds) than Fasano, that game breaker.

This is what I've been saying since we got Marshall. He's a possession receiver, not a playmaker. We need a playmaker, possession receivers aren't that hard to find. Marshall is so slow that he doesn't get good separation, which is also a problem.

Not only should he be cut but arrested and convicted as well. It would not at all look awkward coming from a franchise that once signed Mark Ingram, Sticky Williams, Cecil Collins, Lawrence Phillips, etc. He should've been cut when he had the audacity to critique Henne's play. I mean we all know Henne is average at best but Marshall as a member of that team had no business saying anything. I would rather he say nothing and actually not want to win, just take the team's money. I say cut him and let him move on. Let's resign Penny even though he actually is at fault for why he will miss the entire season next year. I would not be surprised at all if they released him. This FO has continually proven to be inept in regards to football intelligence and class. He just got stabbed last night. Let's not even allow him to be released from the hospital, just cut him. We don't even know the details of the incident but just cut him. Unless he hit his wife and from her mug shot she looked fine, why release him? He probably got caught cheating and she got pissed much like Tiger's wife. And I could care less if he or Tiger cheated on their wives. I want to watch them play, I don't want to watch their lives. This is a league where Ray Lewis, Dante Stallworth, Leonard Little, and Jared Allen all collect paychecks.

The idea is funny though, let's cut him but not yet. We need to see if he survives almost/possibly getting murdered first. :lol:

He is not going to get cut (haha), we are stuck with him.

He is mostly not going anywhere because most other teams have men with high IQ's making these decisions, and they would come to the conclusion that he is not worth it.

Trust me, they would trade him away now if they could get close to what they paid for him, but again, the lack of low hanging fruit.

Let me address another issue brought up again, and again by a forum wanna be lawyer. He contends all this "stuff" surrounding Marshall is just BS because there are no convictions, as if convictions, and convictions only, are the end all of personal responsibility.

Well, I would like to contend that his contention is complete BS. Convictions have much more to do with outside stimuli, than whether or not the event actually happened.

Marshall has the mental capacity of a three year old that still hasn't mastered potty training, and certainly throws a lot of fits. I am sure though, his employers, so far insist on him having very good representation (lawyers).

If you have money for good lawyers, this mat surprise you, but you can get away with murder (OJ). Can someone remember what happened to the witnesses that were ready to testify against Ray Lewis in that post Super Bowl killing about 10 years ago?? The statements they gave the police about his involvement changed, all of them, between the time of the incident, and gearing up for the trial. Gee, what could have happened there??

I mean do I have to go into all the cases in which we see our judicial process all screwed up, or can we just agree this forum member has issues.

I do not need the court system to tell me Marshall has problems, my eyes and ears tell me that. I do not trust him, and honestly think he is a mental midget. He missed two full games this year, and in one of them we had our best offensive output of the season by FAR.

I will not continue to put out facts that show all the details of him not being a top flight receiver, because this forum has shown that it does not want to listen. This thread is about whether or not he will be cut, he will not.

There's NO REASON to cut him: at least not because of THIS incident.

MARSHALL was in an ICU w/an abdominal knife wound. Even though it couldn't be THAT threatening (he was released from the Hospital in less than a day!), it is a significant injury in the eyes of the Law, and more than enough to allow the State to charge the perpetrator w/Aggravated Battery. And assuming that Mr & Mrs were arguing very heatedly, guess what? That IS NOT--repeat, IS NOT--enough cause to permit one to assault the other w/a deadly Weapon.

As to who started it, who did what, who punched whom along the way, etc., FORGET ABOUT trying to fool police/forensic scientists. Do any of you watch those CSI shows, etc., on TV? Well, police science/forensic science REALLY IS THAT GOOD! What they can do today is astounding. So if Mrs is claiming that Mr was the first aggressor, he better have used something more than WORDS. And if she DOES claim so, she better have some bruises/injuries medically consistent w/a beating. Forget trying to fool the medical people that the Police hire. Your chances of success are about the same as fooling a DNA test.

When I read that Mrs. MARSHALL had to post bond after being charged w/Aggravated Battery, it tells me that she wielded the knife in question, inflicted serious bodily injury, and that she had no injuries/bruises consistent w/Mr MARSHALL's beating her.
And the worst verbal attack imaginable does NOT give the victim thereof ANY RIGHT to kill or maim his/her tormentor: NONE. Not in liberal New York/New Jersey, and not in much more conservative Florida.

If I were Mrs. MARSHALL, I'd find a REALLY good attorney. She's going to need one.

As a postscript, as the facts now appear, if MIAMI cuts MARSHALL now, MIAMI will be in breach of its contract w/him, and will most likely forefeit all that it paid him so far in salary and bonuses, plus such damages as he duly proves.

Anyone that agrees with cutting a top WR in his prime whom we have heavily invested in needs to have their head examined. The idea that this is even being debated is laugh out loud funny.

Back
Top Bottom