Dolphins Now Own Pick 102 in the 3rd Round... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Now Own Pick 102 in the 3rd Round...

we new we had that 3rd all along
Lol, it tricked me.

I thought we had 101. So the title made me think we traded someone and got 102.

Unfortunately, we don't have both.

My hopes of drafting Smokey Monday just lessened huhuhu

No…quality over quantity…very good players are routinely picked at 50.
Depends on what you're aiming for at 50. Obviously, if someone you had a 1st round grade on falls to 50, you're probably taking him.

But if we're looking for an ILB with our second pick for example, and our top choice is already gone, we can pretty safely move down to at least 70-75, and still get to choose between a few really good options like Walker, Andersen, maybe Muma, or Clark, and I'm surely even forgetting a few. The difference between these kids is marginal, they're likely all upgrades from Roberts, if it gets us an extra 4th this year, maybe extra 3rd next year, why not?

Similar situation if you want WR or RB here - if your top options are gone, there are loads of similar choices to be had at 70, maybe slightly more difficult, because it's probably going to be easier to find a thumper ILB then a scheme fit RB1 or WR2.

All potential starting tackles are long gone by 50 for sure. Center prospects are mostly first rounders for the plug and play guys, or day 3 for the developmental projects, you're not going to use 50 on them either. I doubt we're looking for any more guards, and even if we do, it's more likely to be the same as center - either at 29 or on day 3, based on the depth at the position in this class.

These are our pressing needs, every other position seems like a luxury pick to me.

All in all, I wouldn't rule it out just based on principle.

Back
Top Bottom