Dolphins Now Own Pick 102 in the 3rd Round... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Now Own Pick 102 in the 3rd Round...

This only makes sense if your team is already balanced defensively and offensively.

Of course, if the balance is that both sides stink, a super duper player isn't going to be as valuable as 3 or 4 solid players who are better than the ones you already have. This might mean trading back to increase your draft opportunities, assuming there is a deep draft to begin with.
Yeah, if I'm faced with my BPA being at a position of strength for my team, I'm fighting the urge to reach well below his grade for positional need. I'm just a keyboard hack, of course, but the analyst in my gut would want to either trade back to where my positional-need player is appropriate and pick up additinal assets, or take my BPA and trade for need from that positional strength.

We don't have a lot of room for starters so finding one with two fourths is unlikely, maybe early third we can find someone that has enough talent will play a significant role, get those first three picks to be in the top 75 maybe.

Like Leo chenal, Kenneth Walker and best receiver on the board, those are positions that can use a real player
The assumption that draft picks are ready as starters from the first game is, in my opinion, not reasonable.
We do expect more from Free Agent hires, but nobody is batting 1000 with those picks either.

After the apparent regression of some promising players last year, I believe there could be an improvement in their performance with the aid of our new coaching staff that will reverse that trend.

I want to see solid picks that get developed as far as they can go. This results in stronger depth with those that are not starters and more starters using those that do develop. Since the step up from college football to the NFL a significant one that not all drafted players make, this seems like the most logical course of action, not last-minute patches that may or may not work.

In the end we need a system that constantly develops players so that when they become successful Free Agents and leave, we already have their replacement on the team and our draft is really an exercise to find our pending starters future replacement.

The assumption that draft picks are ready as starters from the first game is, in my opinion, not reasonable.
We do expect more from Free Agent hires, but nobody is batting 1000 with those picks either.

After the apparent regression of some promising players last year, I believe there could be an improvement in their performance with the aid of our new coaching staff that will reverse that trend.

I want to see solid picks that get developed as far as they can go. This results in stronger depth with those that are not starters and more starters using those that do develop. Since the step up from college football to the NFL a significant one that not all drafted players make, this seems like the most logical course of action, not last-minute patches that may or may not work.

In the end we need a system that constantly develops players so that when they become successful Free Agents and leave, we already have their replacement on the team and our draft is really an exercise to find our pending starters future replacement.
for the most part I agree, our roster constructions lends itself to look for players in the receiver unit, running back, oline, and at Mike linebacker..I think you look at those units in the draft and if the player is ranked in the right spot then try.

for the most part I agree, our roster constructions lends itself to look for players in the receiver unit, running back, oline, and at Mike linebacker..I think you look at those units in the draft and if the player is ranked in the right spot then try.
I thought that was what I said, just using more words and over-generalized terms - LOL

I thought that was what I said, just using more words and over-generalized terms - LOL
The art of composing a four page essay, out of two sentences of material.....lol

Served me well in my academic endeavors.........

Back
Top Bottom