Dolphins offer round 1 pick for QB Ramsey | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins offer round 1 pick for QB Ramsey

WiGGy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR

The Redskins deny tampering with New England defensive tackle Ted Washington, according to the Washington Times. Washington, who will be an unrestricted free agent on March 3, can't be contacted until that date, according to league rules. ... The Washington Times reports that the team is also negotiating with cornerback Champ Bailey. The team hopes to sign him to a long-term deal that would be comparable to teammate LaVar Arrington's deal. However, the team is open to trade offers for Bailey, who is considered one of the top players at his position. Detroit is one team that has already contacted the Redskins regarding Bailey. ... The Washington Post reports that Patrick Ramsey's agent said his client will request a trade if the Redskins trade for Mark Brunell. Ramsey's agent reportedly expressed concern over the size of the contract being offered to Brunell. ... The Jacksonville Times-Union reports that the Redskins offered Brunell a four-year, $20 million deal that would include an $8 million signing bonus. It is believed that this proposed deal puts the Redskins in the lead for Brunell's services. ... The Washington Post is reporting that the Dolphins are offering the Redskins their 20th pick in the first round for Ramsey. ... The Washington Times reports that Gibbs is also interested in the 49ers' Jeff Garcia and the Seahawks' Trent Dilfer.

With that trade the Dolphins will be without a round 1 and round 2 pick. I still think you guys need a #2 WR more then you need a QB.

Yes, this is terrible. If we do this, we'll have no picks until the 3rd round to pick up only long-shot talent, and we'll have a QB who is only a bit better than Fiedler.

We'll still need to somehow find a #2 reciever, and atleast 2 O-Lineman.

What we need to do is trade a 2005 #2 for Drew Henson, draft an OT or OG with our #1, and sign a good WR in FA.

Not a good move at all. CBS Sportsline is usually on target with the rumors also.

This was also on the site:

The West Palm Beach Post reports that the Dolphins never offered their first-round pick to the Redskins for quarterback Patrick Ramsey, as was reported last week. An NFL source said it didn't happen. The Dolphins, meanwhile, would neither confirm or deny the rumor. The Post reports that the Dolphins may still make an offer on Ramsey in the event that Mark Brunell is traded from the Jaguars to the Redskins.

I'd take Ramsey with the #20 overall pick in a heartbeat. He has proven his wares as a starting NFL QB. You can't get that in the draft. I'm a huge Philip Rivers supporter that would be pleased with Ramsey.

There are rumors swirling about T.O. and now Darrell Jackson. So, WR is not as big a concern. Although both of those guys are unlikely to become Phins (IMO). There are less recognized names that could be very good catches (McCariens) and other potential cuts (Boston).

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you guys be against this trade???...

For the #20 pick we'd be getting a grommed QB that can come in and replace Fielder right away. He's also got tons of future potencial. I can't see how we can pass this opportunity up....

This would be great for the Phinz IMo. I'm all for it!!!!!!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!:D

Ramsey w/b a nice pick up cap wise as well - this was all talked about last week or whenever it was reported previously. It is old news made new by the high likelihood of Brunell going to Wash

I don't see anything wrong with this we need a QB way more then a WR( maybe not o-line) At 25 yrs old with exp... It's better than drafting a QB fresh out of college!! With that said I'd love to get Rivers with that pick!!!

Hell yes give up our #1 for Ramsey.

Remember, we can still receive a 1st and 3rd for Ogun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious question: If Ramsey is sooo good and worth a 1st round pick, then why the H-E-double-hockey-sticks is Washington trying so hard for Brunnell?

Originally posted by Rebar71
Serious question: If Ramsey is sooo good and worth a 1st round pick, then why the H-E-double-hockey-sticks is Washington trying so hard for Brunnell?

Because Gibbs likes vet QB's!! Just look at his history!!

Originally posted by Rebar71

b/c gibbs is a walking mummy and cant wait for a young qb. He thinks only a vet can win it all (old school). I dont think it reflects on ramsey especially b/c gibbs has not seen more from ramsey that the rest of us. If gibbs had been there a year and worked with ramsey in practice etc I would be more worried about what Gibbs knows we dont.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

b/c gibbs is a walking mummy and cant wait for a young qb. He thinks only a vet can win it all (old school). I dont think it reflects on ramsey especially b/c gibbs has not seen more from ramsey that the rest of us. If gibbs had been there a year and worked with ramsey in practice etc I would be more worried about what Gibbs knows we dont.

THANK YOU!!!!

It just doesn't make sense. If Gibbs fixed their OL instead, they'd more than likely be better off with Ramsey.

Back
Top Bottom