Dolphins offer round 1 pick for QB Ramsey | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins offer round 1 pick for QB Ramsey

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
YES!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you guys be against this trade???...

For the #20 pick we'd be getting a grommed QB that can come in and replace Fielder right away. He's also got tons of future potencial. I can't see how we can pass this opportunity up....

This would be great for the Phinz IMo. I'm all for it!!!!!!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!:D

Ramsey is an EXPERIENCED young quarterback, but it would be hard to say that he is a GROOMED one.

Try and remember Ramsey has yet to play in a pro system. He's played with pro players against pro players, but he played in Spurrier's monkey offense from Day 1 and chances are he was not taught the way a rookie QB should be taught. This is in all likelihood why Gibbs decided to get Brunell to go along with Ramsey...because no I do not necessarily think Ramsey is ready to "win now" like Gibbs is charged to do in Washington. And Gibbs isn't getting Brunell so he can dump Ramsey he was going to try and keep both but I don't think he banked on Ramsey reacting as badly as he is reacting because Ramsey really is going to demand a trade in the wake of this whole thing.

I would say that the chances that Ramsey is ready to lead us to the Super Bowl in 2004 are about as good as Sage Rosenfels' ability to lead us to a Super Bowl in 2004, however after that, once you get Ramsey in a REAL pro system and you get a good QB coach working with him for a year or two, the sky is the limit for Ramsey because he's got all the tools to play in this league.

As for the propensity to take sacks, I think that had a lot to do with Spurrier's system...as any Redskins fan would tell ya Spurrier made the QB responsible for a lot of checkdowns (at least 4 every play) and I doubt he told Ramsey where to draw that line. Thats not something you ask a young strong armed QB to do in his first or second year. You have to ease them into something like that until they are use to the speed and the pressure.

Ramsey hasnt even played that well in his first two seasons let alone be worth a 1st rounder. I hope we dont get him but if we do it would be an improvement but not the greatest possible one. I would rather have Henson or Rivers. **** i think Holcomb is better then Ramsey

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
holcomb isn't better than my little brother, let alone ramsey

Is your little brother available then????:D

Originally posted by miamid04
ok... first off, were no getting Ramsey under any circumstances. Were not getting brunnel or henson....We need a OL........Thats our biggest conecern..Look what griese did with that garbage Ol. Hes a way more proven and experienced qb than dirty jay fiedler or phillip rivers

Ok Don Shula, now whos' your line going to protect? Fiedler? Give me a break. This SAME line played well 2 years ago, and was marred this year by injuries. Ricky can't run behind a line that has to block a FULL BOX. We NEED a QB who can pass the ball, enough said. That relieves a LOT of pressure on Ricky and the line. QB is #1 priority, OL is #2.

Back
Top Bottom