Dolphins Offseason Moves Have Made Them an AFC Contender | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offseason Moves Have Made Them an AFC Contender

Czonka39

Active Roster
Reaction score
Nice article. A little lengthy, but a positive feel good piece. Written on the 23rd, sorry if already posted...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...fseason-moves-have-made-them-an-afc-contender

"The quarterback's touch, accuracy and timing with his receivers underneath proved to be very impressive. It was when he pushed the ball down the field that problems arose. Even though those problems were often exclusively allocated to the quarterback, many of the issues arose from his receivers' struggles.

When charting Tannehill's throws, it became clear that his receivers repeatedly failed at the catch point. A problem that cost the quarterback a huge amount of yardage on downfield throws."

Made it all the way to the 4th paragraph when the writer started talking about all the moves and aquisitions TANNENBAUM has made this off season.

(which are zero).

Nice article. A little lengthy, but a positive feel good piece. Written on the 23rd, sorry if already posted...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...fseason-moves-have-made-them-an-afc-contender

"The quarterback's touch, accuracy and timing with his receivers underneath proved to be very impressive. It was when he pushed the ball down the field that problems arose. Even though those problems were often exclusively allocated to the quarterback, many of the issues arose from his receivers' struggles.

When charting Tannehill's throws, it became clear that his receivers repeatedly failed at the catch point. A problem that cost the quarterback a huge amount of yardage on downfield throws."

Good article.

But the money quote is this one:

(Noting 500 or so *lost yards* from catch point fails.):

The above numbers don't account for potential yards after the catch. They only measure from the line of scrimmage to the point where the receiver failed to bring in an accurate pass. Incredibly, seven of those 37 lost receptions would have resulted in touchdowns.

Losing statistical production for Tannehill is something that he has endured throughout his whole career.

His receiving corps has repeatedly let him down, despite the heavy investments in Brian Hartline and Mike Wallace. While dealing with an unreliable group of receivers, Tannehill was also working behind inadequate offensive line play up until last season.

Even his line last season wasn't above-average, but Tannehill was able to execute Lazor's offense so well that it appeared adequate.

Through charting, it became clear that Tannehill is a very smart quarterback with the accuracy and athleticism to show off that intelligence despite playing under pressure. He threw an interceptable pass once every 28.1 pass attempts in 2014, a ratio that ranked among the best in the NFL.

Add 500+ yards and at least 5 of those 7 dropped TDs on to Ryan's stats from last year, and you'll see why the RT17 haters are full of something.

All this behind the worst OL in the league, the last half of the season (injury to best OL happening because the terrible quality of the player beside him, even when the line was trying to be average).

LD

By the way, speaking of catch point fails -- It was fairly apparent that Wallace has a vision problem against certain lights or backgrounds.

Multiple times on passes he painfully lost sight of the ball until it was too close to adjust to.

Other times he whiffed completely on balls that were eminently catch-able.

I said during the season that Wallace was losing balls in lights or backgrounds, but no one seemed to validate that.

any one see what I did -- on a handful of throws? Lost vision of the ball?

LD

By the way, speaking of catch point fails -- It was fairly apparent that Wallace has a vision problem against certain lights or backgrounds.

Multiple times on passes he painfully lost sight of the ball until it was too close to adjust to.

I said during the season that Wallace was losing balls in lights or backgrounds, but no one seemed to validate that.

LD
What about his ultra frustrating one handed catch attempts? He had a few last year that had me wanting him pulled right then and there.

LD

The best example was the corner fade throw against the Ravens where Wallace simply stopped running hard. Could have been an easy TD. Do you guys recall that travesty? I was sitting in the back end zone and witnessed it

Just have tannehills line play decent and we will be right up there

6-2 .

Do you mean 8-0 ? cause that's what I'm expecting

Tannehill !

Tannehill !

Tannehill !

6-2 .

Do you mean 8-0 ? cause that's what I'm expecting

Tannehill !

Tannehill !

Tannehill !

I'm cautiously optomistic that we'll win our first 8 games, but I'm more realistically expecting 6-2. Anything less than that, and I'd be very worried for our playoff chances...

these are game we should won... ten, was, jax. san diego 4 win

afc east bills, ne, jets. 2 or 3 win

hard game. dal, ravens, colts, phi, 1 or 2 win

x factory game nyg, tex even

anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6. I think we will be 9-7

Last edited by a moderator:
these are game we should won... ten, was, jax. san diego 4 win

afc east bills, ne, jets. 2 or 3 win

hard game. dal, ravens, colts, phi, 1 or 2 win

x factory game nyg, tex even

anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6. I think we will be 9-7 our head coach keep his job.

Back
Top Bottom