Dolphins Offseason Moves Have Made Them an AFC Contender | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offseason Moves Have Made Them an AFC Contender

IMO, the only glaring weakness we have now is at guard. Every team has a weakness somewhere. I think we can do really well, good defense and lots of weapons.

Good article.

But the money quote is this one:

(Noting 500 or so *lost yards* from catch point fails.):

Add 500+ yards and at least 5 of those 7 dropped TDs on to Ryan's stats from last year, and you'll see why the RT17 haters are full of something.

All this behind the worst OL in the league, the last half of the season (injury to best OL happening because the terrible quality of the player beside him, even when the line was trying to be average).

LD

stats are what they are. You can't play that game or you have to include all the dropped interceptions by dolphin opponents.

The best example was the corner fade throw against the Ravens where Wallace simply stopped running hard. Could have been an easy TD. Do you guys recall that travesty? I was sitting in the back end zone and witnessed it

Yep. It was like he couldn't see the ball.

And -- I think the one-handed catch attempts were because he couldn't track the ball on those throws, and tried to stab at it with one hand at the last minute.

LD

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

What about his ultra frustrating one handed catch attempts? He had a few last year that had me wanting him pulled right then and there.

I think those one-handed catches are related to him not seeing the ball, and trying to stab at it with one hand at the last second.

LD

stats are what they are. You can't play that game or you have to include all the dropped interceptions by dolphin opponents.

Nowadays, stats also include rate of potential QB-caused INTs.

RT is near the top of the pack -- among the league's best in that stat.

He also is near the bottom of the league, in terms of surrounding cast -- OL failures and catch-point failures.

Those are not hypothetical. Those are actual stats in 2015. Trackable and provable.

So what I'm saying is, people who try really hard not to see such things are only proving themselves haters with no desire for facts.

LD

:fhpotd:

He also is near the bottom of the league, in terms of surrounding cast -- OL failures and catch-point failures.

Those are not hypothetical. Those are actual stats in 2015. Trackable and provable.

So what I'm saying is, people who try really hard not to see such things are only proving themselves haters with no desire for facts.

LD

I'm not a hater. You are being paranoid. Ryan had 6 dropped interceptions last year according football outsiders. So if you are going to add 5 TD's and 500 yards for drops then you have to add in the 6 extra interceptions. 27-12 sounds better to me than 32-18.

While Ryan is near the best in adjusted interceptions, he is also in the bottom 3rd with dropped interceptions. Only 6 QB's had more dropped interceptions. You can twist stats to prove whatever statement you are pushing.

Just leave the what ifs out unless you are willing to apply them fairly.

I'm not a hater. You are being paranoid. Ryan had 6 dropped interceptions last year according football outsiders. So if you are going to add 5 TD's and 500 yards for drops then you have to add in the 6 extra interceptions. 27-12 sounds better to me than 32-18.

While Ryan is near the best in adjusted interceptions, he is also in the bottom 3rd with dropped interceptions. Only 6 QB's had more dropped interceptions. You can twist stats to prove whatever statement you are pushing.

Just leave the what ifs out unless you are willing to apply them fairly.

You're not quite being fair. You include ALL of his dropped INTS and implied that they were all QB-caused, at the same time as not including ALL his dropped TDs (again, by implication taking away from Ryan's skill and effect).

So include all of them -- 34-18 (+ 500 more yards AT LEAST) is pretty darn good, even in a vacuum -- with no clue as to how all the INTs got there or as to how failure apart from QB factored in, etc.

At some point it gets tiring...

Some point, in hindsight, people such as yourself will see RT as the best QB in Miami since Marino -- and easy top ten in the league.

LD

LD

I think you're interpreting that wrong. In 2013 he was at the top of the list, but that means he was the leagues worst, not best. Not as bad in 2014 but still closer to worst than best.

I think you're interpreting that wrong. In 2013 he was at the top of the list, but that means he was the leagues worst, not best. Not as bad in 2014 but still closer to worst than best.

Roy back with his eye test...

blind_man.gif

I never said I didn't like Ryan so you are the one who is tiring with your hater agenda. I just pointed out adding what if stats needs to be done fairly..

Back on topic. The added talent and depth should give us a chance to compete this year.

I never said I didn't like Ryan so you are the one who is tiring with your hater agenda. I just pointed out adding what if stats needs to be done fairly.. Back on topic. The added talent and depth should give us a chance to compete this year.
if we are really going to play the shoulda coulda woulda game, then you need to remove any interceptions that were caused by late game Hail Marys, wr tipped passes, and wrs giving up on plays. You take out that garbage and Ryan easily hits 30+Tds and less than 10 ints. But I wouldn't expect you to think of that. You're much to eager to diminish lost Tds and add lost ints.

According to Football outsiders only 2 of his 12 Interceptions were end of game or tipped and not his fault. That still leaves him with 16 adjusted Interceptions if you include the 6 dropped and remove the 2 that weren't his fault.

Again I don't know why you guys are going down this road. Ryan had a good enough year last without adding in what if stats. And I wasn't the one to bring up the what if stats. I am merely showing that if you add one you have to add the other. It is an impossible game to play. Just stick with the stats that will be etched into NFL history and quit trying to make a player better or worse by playing the what if game.

You are spot on Roy,

In 2013 Ryan led the league in dropped interceptions with a whopping 11. Big improvement in 2014 by reducing that number by almost half with 6. For some strange reason his first year in the league was his best with only 3 in 2012.

Back
Top Bottom