*** Dolphins @ Patriots POST game thread *** | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Dolphins @ Patriots POST game thread ***

Gesicki should have caught this?

I'd have been better if you said the oline wasn't sh_t, but bringing Gesicki into it is wrong.

I honestly think Wilson should have caught it. Knocked it down at least. He jumps in front of Jones and the ball goes off his hands, bounces off Gesicki’s shoulder pads than falls into Jones lap.

Wilson didn’t have a real good game in my opinion. He left a TD or PI on the field on one play as well we’re instead of going up and attacking the ball he waits for the ball and the DB knocks it away. Plays like this are where Williams is missed.

Last edited:
Tannehill played worse today than Tua did. He was a stature in the pocket and was sacked 5 times by Chandler Jones. He had no running attack and his OL didn’t play well and he was the same old Tannehill the Dolphins finally got rid of.

If you think Tannehill could play any better with the Dolphins OL and no running game, you are just fooling yourself. Tua certainly needs to continue to improve but I’ll take him over Tannehill any day if the week.

It appeared RT17 was back to the form we are all familiar with

But how are we going to beat the bills when our QB had a 79.6 passer rating and their QB had a 79.7? (Sarcasm)

Everybody wants to talk about Tua’s “bad game”. He actually played pretty well. He went up against a tough defense. We saw a couple of drops that ended 2 drives. A pick on a ball at least 2 of our receivers got hands on that was meant for the sideline. (I still don’t get how you can call one borderline roughing call on us but that wasn’t considered driving a QB to the ground)

Regardless. He still scored 2 TDs and averaged a respectable 7.5 yds per attempt. Josh Allen averaged 5.3 yards per attempt. His passer rating was 79.7. Tua’s was 79.6. How are they leaps and bounds ahead of us? The Steelers beat the Bills almost the identical way we beat the beat the Pats. Bend but don’t break defense and they went +1 in the turnover battle. I think we can at the bare minimum do that. We might be 2-0 next week. It’s absolutely possible.
I agree that Tua wasn't as bad as he is getting criticized for in this thread, but using Josh Allen's performance today as a way to say Tua is all good is not the way to make your point. Allen had a horrible day today, and no one would argue that. Allen typically plays at a much higher level. 79.6 rating isn't much to get excited about.

Tua was 16/27 for 202, 1 TD and 1 INT, with a completion % of 59. He averaged 7.5 yards a completion, and had a rating of 79.6 and a QBR of 40.1. If you saw that stat line without knowing it was Tua's, pretty much everyone here would be thinking "Meh". He was average at best today, which is exactly where he left off last year, and I don't mean that to hate on him. Yes, we won, and that is GREAT, and I would much rather win ugly than lose pretty, but those aren't the only 2 options. We will NEVER be a contender until we consistently win pretty.

If you're going to give Tua credit for an ugly win, don't you also have to give the OL "credit" for the win, and the coaching staff "credit" for the win? Neither are deserving of it. Can Tua improve, absolutely he can, sadly he might not get the chance he deserves until we can figure our OL out. But the bottom line is that Tua is what he is until he isn't. And right now he's an average QB. I truly hope that changes sometime soon, and I understand the OL is a big part of that change happening.

I agree that Tua wasn't as bad as he is getting criticized for in this thread, but using Josh Allen's performance today as a way to say Tua is all good is not the way to make your point. Allen had a horrible day today, and no one would argue that. Allen typically plays at a much higher level. 79.6 rating isn't much to get excited about.
I think that it’s a perfect way to make my point. Tua also had a higher completion percentage. I think saying that Josh Allen will play better and Tua won’t is foolish. Allen doesn’t typically play better. But Odds are that they will both play much better. Why criticize Tua but not Allen? Because of one good year in his fourth season? If you take away last season his performance today was about his career average game. Why do we idolize him and rip Tua apart? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

Tua was 16/27 for 202, 1 TD and 1 INT, with a completion % of 59. He averaged 7.5 yards a completion, and had a rating of 79.6 and a QBR of 40.1. If you saw that stat line without knowing it was Tua's, pretty much everyone here would be thinking "Meh". He was average at best today, which is exactly where he left off last year, and I don't mean that to hate on him. Yes, we won, and that is GREAT, and I would much rather win ugly than lose pretty, but those aren't the only 2 options. We will NEVER be a contender until we consistently win pretty.

If you're going to give Tua credit for an ugly win, don't you also have to give the OL "credit" for the win, and the coaching staff "credit" for the win? Neither are deserving of it. Can Tua improve, absolutely he can, sadly he might not get the chance he deserves until we can figure our OL out. But the bottom line is that Tua is what he is until he isn't. And right now he's an average QB. I truly hope that changes sometime soon, and I understand the OL is a big part of that change happening.
He actually scored 2 TDs in a game where our opponents scored 16 points. Thank why he gets a little bit of credit. And his numbers are still better than the QB we are facing next week. The difference is Tua had an unlucky pick and Allen didn’t throw a pick. He was just really really bad.

Last edited:
I think that it’s a perfect way to make my point. Tua also had a higher completion percentage. I think saying that Josh Allen will play better and Tua won’t is foolish. Allen doesn’t typically play better. But Odds are that they will both play much better. Why criticize Tua but not Allen? Because of one good year in his fourth season? If you take away last season his performance today was about his career average game. Why do we idolize him and rip Tua apart? It doesn’t make any sense to me.
You are reading things into my post that just aren't there. I am not tearing Tua apart, nor am I saying he won't improve. As someone who actually watched the Buffalo game, Allen had a very poor game. My point is that propping up Tua by using a poor outing of Allen's isn't a good way to argue that Tua had a good game. If a good Tua performance is slightly worse statistically than a poor Allen performance, that is hardly a ringing endorsement of Tua's play.

He actually scored 2 TDs in a game where our opponents scored 16 points. Thank why he gets a little bit of credit. And his numbers are still better than the QB we are facing next week. The difference is Tua has an unlucky pick and Allen didn’t throw a pick. He was just really really bad.
I never even brought up Allen. But Allen absolutely played poorly today, even more so when you consider that he's actually shown he can play at a high level for an entire season and is an MVP candidate this year. In fact, I would say Allen played poorly, and Tua played the way he's always played.

Josh Allen's poor play is on par with Tua's normal play. At least as of right now.

Another poster who has never played the game - taking a shot in the ribs off the back foot - pretty evident what happened there

BTW the people who say Tua is not athletic are Fuuuuuuuuullllllllll of it
That dude barely has the arm strength to stuff another donut in his pie hole, but somehow he does. He’s certainly an expert on arm strength though

You are reading things into my post that just aren't there. I am not tearing Tua apart, nor am I saying he won't improve. As someone who actually watched the Buffalo game, Allen had a very poor game. My point is that propping up Tua by using a poor outing of Allen's isn't a good way to argue that Tua had a good game. If a good Tua performance is slightly worse statistically than a poor Allen performance, that is hardly a ringing endorsement of Tua's play.
I wasn’t trying to prop up Tua. I was just asking, why the f;$k is everyone acting like next week is an automatic loss because of the QB matchup? I expect next week to look a lot more like the game we should have won last season than the game where we were blown out.

Josh Allen's poor play is on par with Tua's normal play. At least as of right now.
Oh? Did Allen's poor play get them a win today? Or did Tuas normal play get them a win? I'm confused which is which, could you enlighten me?

Lo
Jesus ****ing Christ man cant we enjoy a ****ing Win against NE in their house without having to deal with pissed of people that think Tua should've played better? **** man, let go of your hate for one ****ing player and enjoy the ****ing win.
Love this post. It spoke to me

I was very happy with the RBs today but man I’d love to steal Montgomery from the Bears. He’s an underrated player.

Back
Top Bottom