*** Dolphins @ Patriots POST game thread *** | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Dolphins @ Patriots POST game thread ***

It’s actually much worse. If that ball wasn’t bobbled into the defenders hands Tua’s QBR would have been 95 with a rushing TD to boot. If that were the case would everyone still be talking about how Tua isn’t a good QB? He actually played well.
Yes they would. If Tua plays extremely well, which he has and will continue to do, it wasn’t really Tua that did that. It’s their schtick

Josh Allen's poor play obviously did not get them a win today. And Tua's "normal" play got us a win every bit as much as our O-Line's poor play did, and our defensive execution on third down did. At some point, we are going to have to stop making excuses for Tua's average play by saying, "well Tua won and player X lost". I mean, is that what we are going to be hanging our hats on? That Tua will win ugly enough times to get us to a Super Bowl? If you are trying to say you'd rather have Tua over Josh Allen right now, there's not much I can say to that.

Using that logic I guess players like Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, and Brad Johnson are all better than Dan Marino.
That’s not the same at all.

Do you all realize we beat NE and the refs at the same time today?

That mac jones sack was called a lame penalty.

Does the league realize this is pro football? Not basketball?

Back in the days football was a mans sport.

Today the nfl plays queen brady style football.

Pathetic.

Maybe in the future it will get even worse.

The qb will have a red flag on his waist. Cant tackle qbs . Only way to tackle a qb is to get the red flag out.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I will say that is VERY positive….Everything went the Patriots way. Time of Possession, Run Game, Mac Jones played well, their defense played well….. AND THEY STILL LOST!!! Ha Ha Ha! I love it.
This used to be the MD MO. Kick FGs and you lose. They did and they lost

ehhh sure but he did manage the little pressure we had very well. I wish the D rattled him more but yeah I've got to go back and take another look, first impressions were all positive with him managing the pocket. He's got a solid offensive line, running game, and top tier defense. He's blessed to be in a sweet place right now.

Truly! Phew such a relief, lettuce build on this win please!
Can I have some ranch with that please

Gotcha. So we should expect a better win from the QB. Got it. Just let me know what stats are good enough for you other than the team winning.
So are you saying that what you saw from not only Tua, but the O-line, the defense, and the coaching staff is good enough for you? We will NEVER "win ugly" our way to the Super Bowl. These people are professionals, they are not above constructive criticism. The whole team needs to play better. Squeaking by a mediocre team with a rookie QB thanks to a timely fumble is not a recipe for long term success.

Yes, absolutely we should expect better from our QB. AND the rest of the entire team for that matter. We got lucky today, which is great. I'm happy we won. But these types of wins won't happen very often.

Biggest difference between Tua and Jones was how they handled pressure.

Tua was jittery in the pocket when faced with pressure and often wanted to scramble and buy himself more time while dropping his eyes.

Jones stood tall in the pocket, sliding subtly to escape pressure while resetting his feet and being decisive with his throws, knowing where to go with the ball quickly.

We can talk all we want about how “a win is a win is a win”, especially up in Foxborough, but if Tua keeps this type of play up throughout the season he’s giving the FO ammo to go after Watson.
There is a fundamental difference in how the two quarterbacks operate. Tua sees his first reads extremely quickly and IMO is hesitant the line will hold past those reads and he honestly should be because the line needs to do better. I wouldn't describe it as jittery though. He knows how long he has and depending on the call, roll out.

Jones is and has always been the beneficiary of supporting cast. It was in Alabama and it has continued to New England. We don't have the rushers to get to him quick enough so yes he can step up in the pocket without concern.

It's twofold. One, we need better protection and two we need better pass rush. That's not to say Tua is infaliable, I do think he has a tendency to force dumb sh*t throws, but that will correct itself with time and experience.

I wasn’t trying to prop up Tua. I was just asking, why the f;$k is everyone acting like next week is an automatic loss because of the QB matchup? I expect next week to look a lot more like the game we should have won last season than the game where we were blown out.
I don’t think it’s an automatic loss. It took a career day from Allen to beat us at home last year…in week 2, with Igbo imitating a rotisserie chicken. And if I remember correctly (doubtful) didn‘t we drop some easy picks?

By 3 points…

Yes they’re a better team…yes their QB is better…yes our OL is still busted…but I still have faith in Flo.

Im not confident in a win like I was going into NE, but I give us a puncher’s chance. THIS is the type of game where I hate giving up a lot of yards between the 20s, because the can score in the RZ in many ways…scripted or not.

We weren’t supposed to win today…and we’re not supposed to win next week…but IDGAF…not scared of the Bills.

So are you saying that what you saw from not only Tua, but the O-line, the defense, and the coaching staff is good enough for you? We will NEVER "win ugly" our way to the Super Bowl. These people are professionals, they are not above constructive criticism. The whole team needs to play better. Squeaking by a mediocre team with a rookie QB thanks to a timely fumble is not a recipe for long term success.

Yes, absolutely we should expect better from our QB. AND the rest of the entire team for that matter. We got lucky today, which is great. I'm happy we won. But these types of wins won't happen very often.
Then say that and stop blaming the QB as the culprit. This post was fine.

I’ll be honest, Jones was better than I expected. He really was. That said he had 1 very lucky TD drive. That call on Roberts was horseshit. Elandon had 2 choices, do what he did or not sack Jones. BS call. Tua led 2 TD drives, which is better. The INT was bad though but it’s a stretch to say a guy who stalled 3 out of 4 times in the red zone, and got bailed out by the officials on his only TD drive, who had a superior line and running game out played anyone. Just my opinion.

I don’t think it’s an automatic loss. It took a career day from Allen to beat us at home last year…in week 2, with Igbo imitating a rotisserie chicken. And if I remember correctly (doubtful) didn‘t we drop some easy picks?

By 3 points…

Yes they’re a better team…yes their QB is better…yes our OL is still busted…but I still have faith in Flo.

Im not confident in a win like I was going into NE, but I give us a puncher’s chance. THIS is the type of game where I hate giving up a lot of yards between the 20s, because the can score in the RZ in many ways…scripted or not.

We weren’t supposed to win today…and we’re not supposed to win next week…but IDGAF…not scared of the Bills.
Allen had a s;it game against the Steelers last season too. The Pats killed him last year in Buffalo too. I’m not convinced that he’s the second best QB in the AFC like most people. His career QBR is still 90. Tua’s is 87. I’m not scared of that guy. I just don’t get it. Is he capable of being great? Yes. But so is Tua IMO.

Back
Top Bottom