*** Dolphins @ Patriots POST game thread *** | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Dolphins @ Patriots POST game thread ***

Love this post. It spoke to me

You can't enjoy the win AND critique areas of concern that you saw? Could you, for example, enjoy the win AND express concern for the O-line? Would that be equally as offensive to you? Or would that be warranted?
Here’s what I do. I listen to Flo. To paraphrase: He said we played well in a tough environment, vs a well coached team, and they expected it to be a close game. He said Tua played well. He is happy with the win. He also hadn’t looked at any game tape, so he wasn’t going to comment or opine on something he hasn’t researched or knew nothing about. That’s an NFL coach, yet we have geniuses HERE, who aren’t qualified to “critique areas of concern” and haven’t watched a second of game tape, but have all kinds of idiotic takes. None of these critics are NFL coaches or scouts, nor have they played in the NFL. They’re just noise. Really annoying noise. My goal is to drown out the noise with people who are positive, who love the MD and can enjoy a fuking win.

I don’t think it’s an automatic loss. It took a career day from Allen to beat us at home last year…in week 2, with Igbo imitating a rotisserie chicken. And if I remember correctly (doubtful) didn‘t we drop some easy picks?

By 3 points…

Yes they’re a better team…yes their QB is better…yes our OL is still busted…but I still have faith in Flo.

Im not confident in a win like I was going into NE, but I give us a puncher’s chance. THIS is the type of game where I hate giving up a lot of yards between the 20s, because the can score in the RZ in many ways…scripted or not.

We weren’t supposed to win today…and we’re not supposed to win next week…but IDGAF…not scared of the Bills.
Not an automatic loss but we’ve done nothing to offset Allen. Seems all our eggs are in out scoring them which I’m not crazy about our chances.

Allen had a s;it game against the Steelers last season too. The Pats killed him last year in Buffalo too. I’m not convinced that he’s the second best QB in the AFC like most people. His career QBR is still 90. Tua’s is 87. I’m not scared of that guy. I just don’t get it. Is he capable of being great? Yes. But so is Tua IMO.
He’s had off games like anybody else…but he has improved drastically year-to-year. Jury’s still out this year, I’m hoping he levels off.

I also expect Tua’s numbers and performance to go up this year, by a good bit. We have new OCs, sub-standard OL and WRs who like to drop passes (I can’t believe nobody has mentioned the multiple drops from today)…so it may take some time to get everything leveled off. Wasn’t it Arians who said a QB/team needs 8 games in a new system to get comfy? Even took Brady a while last season at TB.

Allen has had consistency in his surroundings…Tua/Miami hasn’t. We just need to give the kid his time.

He’s had off games like anybody else…but he has improved drastically year-to-year. Jury’s still out this year, I’m hoping he levels off.

I also expect Tua’s numbers and performance to go up this year, by a good bit. We have new OCs, sub-standard OL and WRs who like to drop passes (I can’t believe nobody has mentioned the multiple drops from today)…so it may take some time to get everything leveled off. Wasn’t it Arians who said a QB needs 8 games in a new system to get comfy? Even took Brady a while last season at TB.

Allen has had consistency in his surroundings…Tua/Miami hasn’t. We just need to give the kid his time.
First. Flo said Tua played well. I trust Flo over any anonymous message board poster. Second. Josh Allen was a dumpster fire his rookie year and Bills fans were 100 times more brutal than they are here about Tua. The Bills FO ignored the moron fans, gave KA weapons and room to grow and like magic he’s a star. Funny how that works

First. Flo said Tua played well. I trust Flo over any anonymous message board poster. Second. Josh Allen was a dumpster fire his rookie year and Bills fans were 100 times more brutal than they are here about Tua. The Bills FO ignored the moron fans, gave KA weapons and room to grow and like magic he’s a star. Funny how that works
Agreed on all counts.

The sack, as cringe worthy as the penalty was, should have drawn a flag.

Coincidentally, the rule came from Brady getting hit in his knees on the same type of play.

He was smacked AFTER he threw the ball. Watch the below. He didn't have the arm strength to throw it out of bounds across his body.

Defenses are going to make a habit out of that. Make him run against his body.

Maybe you can help me understand way you think it’s an arm strength thing. The ball came out in his 25 and it was defected at the opposing 45 via a totally off platform throw.

That’s plenty of arm strength. He didn’t hit his angle (which is on him).

If the two teams were to play 10 games this season I don't think we win 3 of them, but that's a moot point, because we won today. Lots of positives but lots of negatives as well. Bill tends to feel his teams out early on in seasons and missing key players, having a rookie QB, lots of new pieces plus uncharacteristic fumbles by different RBs and you get today's result. They lost this game more than we won. but that's on them and their problem. Take the wins when you can get them

Maybe you can help me understand way you think it’s an arm strength thing. The ball came out in his 25 and it was defected at the opposing 45 via a totally off platform throw.

That’s plenty of arm strength. He didn’t hit his angle (which is on him).
There’s nothing wrong with his arm strength. It’s a narrative

Tua doesn’t know what to do with the ball if his first read is covered. He also can’t throw outside to the right.

I can't help but think how a lot of fans would feel about the win had their expectations not been changed by how effortlessly the offense moved down the field on the first drive. Suddenly a contested win that we had to grind out wasn't good enough anymore.

I felt a huge sense of foreboding when the telecast started and there we were, facing the Patriots in Foxborough. Baring sheer ineptitude somewhere or a major injury to an irreplaceable player, I'm pretty sure I would have been happy any way we won, and the fact that we sealed it with the defense creating a timely turnover and the offense successfully running out the clock (no small feat given this team's weaknesses) that made it feel like a win earned.

Tua doesn’t know what to do with the ball if his first read is covered. He also can’t throw outside to the right.
Tua doesn't have time to get to his third read and our inexperienced coordinators really didn't give him enough easy outs whereas Mac Jones basically had an open receiver immediately to get the ball to for positive yardage in the event of pressure.

Back
Top Bottom