Dolphins poised to compete THIS year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins poised to compete THIS year?

I want to go far and for one reason only.

If we go to the Super Bowl, I’ll do the dance for you.

I'd like to see what Saban has in the dancing department

Too many good AFC teams to compete for the playoffs this year... i think we'll win 6-8 games.

I think it's unlikely we compete this year primarily b/c we are installing new systems but also betting on AJ to learn to make better decisions seems like a losing prop. Maybe Gus can provide a bridge until we can get a franchise QB, but that is likely to take a while.

A good rb makes his qb and oline better,also gone ore our small olines. We got alot of beef up there and ronnie will be a quality back exploding throug the line also we are running a new system and our oline coach houck is the best. i dont know about div title but definately compete for wc, the team will have confidense now, a new identity at rb and a stronger defense.lets play ball, Feeley will make us proud, we have a decent team!!!!!!!!!

lordlegel said:
This is my perfect season....:

Ronnie Brown wins ROY.

Pro Bowl: Chris Chambers, Jason Taylor, Kevin Carter, Zach Thomas, Sam Madison

3-13

Feeley's stats: 2,500 yds, 20 tds, 35 ints 0-13 record

Furotte's stats: 300 yds, 4 tds, 2 ints, 3-0 record

Miami gets #1 pick and select Matt Leinart, quarterback of USC
:):):):):):)

Dont post here ever again....

lordlegel said:
Im thinking rationally. Actually thats Plan B, Plan A is go undefeated and win the Super Bowl but since thats not happening...I want a good qb next year. Leinart is the best qb since Peyton Manning and i want the fins to get him, even if it takes a 3-13 record

We are actually going to have a good season. 9-10 wins, and playoffs , so get used to it!

New Players, New System Not On One Side Of The Ball, But Both.
It Will Be Difficult To Compete Past 500. Imo This Year.

I Wonder, Bill B Said
Ronnie Brown Will Need A Couple Years To Develope In The Nfl, But Would Be The Best When He Does. The Blocking And Blitz Schemes Will Be A Learning Process...........we'll See

lordlegel said:
This is my perfect season....:

Ronnie Brown wins ROY.

Pro Bowl: Chris Chambers, Jason Taylor, Kevin Carter, Zach Thomas, Sam Madison

3-13

Feeley's stats: 2,500 yds, 20 tds, 35 ints 0-13 record

Furotte's stats: 300 yds, 4 tds, 2 ints, 3-0 record

Miami gets #1 pick and select Matt Leinart, quarterback of USC
:):):):):):)

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

That would be great. Everyone plays well (except AJ)and we still get Leinart. I don't think there's any chance the Phins end up with a top 5 pick next year. That's why I wanted to pick up a 2006 1st rounder by trading down this year. Now we just have to hope AJ turns out to be the man.

I believe that it actually rests on the defense. If the changes that were made stack up as they appear to be headed, then no matter who we play, they will run into a brick wall. That will help us even if our O is only mediocre.IMHO

caneaddict said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

That would be great. Everyone plays well (except AJ)and we still get Leinart. I don't think there's any chance the Phins end up with a top 5 pick next year. That's why I wanted to pick up a 2006 1st rounder by trading down this year. Now we just have to hope AJ turns out to be the man.

Bot funny in the slightest bit.. I remember when people wanted us to fall to SF. Absolute BS.

phinphan11 said:
I believe that it actually rests on the defense. If the changes that were made stack up as they appear to be headed, then no matter who we play, they will run into a brick wall. That will help us even if our O is only mediocre.IMHO

I agree. I think we going to have a very, very, very stout defense.

MadDawg020 said:
It's all on AJ as others have said. He has all the weapons he needs, he's just gotta make it happen. You can bet for sure that with this year's defensive draft, our defense is going to keep us in just about every single game we play.

very well said. I AM PUMPED!!!!!

It rests on our offensive line and aj feeley. We still have one of the top defenses. We have weapons on offense. WE CAN BE EXPLOSIVE! Our defense always keeps us in games, its up to our offense to win a few this year.

Brown is going to make an immediate impact and will have a smooth transition.. anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

AJ showed improvement. Last year he had nothing at all. What in the hell did you expect?
-No coach
-No system
-No no line
-No cordinator.

With our
-great coach
-a good draft
-a good new line coach
-few adjustments with the line
-the signings on the O-line
-our great new cordinator and his system
-with McMike, Chambers, Booker, and Brown downfield looking for a pass

He will be mediocre at worst...

We a fine at RB, WR and TE

Our O line will be fine with the new coach, and the new offseason additions

Our D-line is going to dominate

Our linebackers are great players and future HOFs. Crowder is considered by some the Best Linebacker of the draft.

Saban specializes with the secondary. We still have Madison. Poole shows promise. We also have solid veterans at the Safety positions.

No reason the think the Special Teams will faulter.

We are going to be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom