Dolphins poised to compete THIS year? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins poised to compete THIS year?

Why do so many people want to see AJ fail? Who cares if you don't like him, if he gets us to the playoffs and or the Superbowl, not saying that will happen this year, but if he is able to get us there, what is the problem? Are you people so egocentric that you have to be right no matter what? Even if it is at the cost of your team? I don't care what you say, if you hope your team fails to get a draft pick or be right about a certain player, you are not a true fan.:fire:

Brown is unique and will be a great RB... I think our D is great and our o-line will hold up, we will have a great running game but it still rests with Feeley. We will make the playoffs because I think Feeley will excel with a great running attack along with a solid o-line and good weapons

We still have below average personnel. You can't undo several years of personnel decline with one draft and a few FAs. When someone posted our starting offensive unit a few hours ago, it was hard not to get ill. I mean, forget the fanaticism for a moment. Put that offensive unit on a Buffalo or a New England or the Jets. I would salivate at the chance to face the likes of Feeley and that OL.

Our secondary will be worse. The interior DL is still a stationary belly bump mess. No disruption at all.

We need to transition into Saban's schemes, keep or expand our draft picks and have at least one more productive offseason. I also want Linehan to prove he understand the necessity of balance, 30 or so rushing attempts per game, and a significant improvement on Feeley's incompetent 5.32 yards per pass attempt.

GUYS WE CAN GET LAST PLACE EVERY YEAR AND HOG THE NUMBER 1 PICKS OMG OMG!!

wait didnt the chargers do that already?

Awsi Dooger said:
We still have below average personnel. You can't undo several years of personnel decline with one draft and a few FAs. When someone posted our starting offensive unit a few hours ago, it was hard not to get ill. I mean, forget the fanaticism for a moment. Put that offensive unit on a Buffalo or a New England or the Jets. I would salivate at the chance to face the likes of Feeley and that OL.

Our secondary will be worse. The interior DL is still a stationary belly bump mess. No disruption at all.

We need to transition into Saban's schemes, keep or expand our draft picks and have at least one more productive offseason. I also want Linehan to prove he understand the necessity of balance, 30 or so rushing attempts per game, and a significant improvement on Feeley's incompetent 5.32 yards per pass attempt.

We've discussed this somewhat before, but last year's lack of balance in Linehan's offense was the outlier in the trend. The previous two years, Linehan's offense were in the top ten in the NFL in rushing attempts. With Ronnie Brown around, I believe you will see Linehan achieve balance within the offense to an impressive degree.

Also, regarding AJ's 5.32 yards per pass attempt average. If AJ can't get to the point where he can average around 7.0 to 7.5 yards per attempt, I don't believe he will be playing. Gus Frerotte averaged 10.6 yards per pass attempt in Linehan's offense two years ago, and it wasn't a terribly small sample. He threw 65 passes in relief of Daunte Culpepper. If Feeley can't do it, Gus can. At least on a short term basis. The thing about Gus is that he seems to play a lot better when he plays as a back up than as a starter. I don't know that he can sustain success over a string of games.

Anyway, I think there are some tools in place that AJ can take advantage of if he is good enough. Otherwise, we are going to be scrambling for a passing quarterback in the next couple of years.

Maybe...

But I do not think so. We need an upgrade still on the OL and another receiver is a definite need. I'm still not a Feeley guy. I believe the most important position on the football field is the QB. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we have THE guy yet. I say 8-8.

we still need secondary help
we still need a center
we still need a left tackle
and we probably still need a quarterback

DolphinDevil28 said:
It all rests on AJ. The rest of the team is stacked.

We definitely have the coaching for it. If he can't develop with this awesome coaching, I don't think he'll ever make it.

The last time I look our QB coach is J. Garrett, first year coach, we're in a new O, not sure how complicated it is. The OL stacked ?????? :shakeno:

Awsi Dooger said:
...Feeley's incompetent 5.32 yards per pass attempt.

The system last year didn't have hot reads until Bates took over. Further, the OL was terrible and Feeley had to wait for receivers to run their routes when he was blitzed.

The guy may end up sucking under a good coach/system. But right now, he is a strong armed guy that is lucky he survived a year of wad-ball.

the 3-4 sounds good to me

de - carter/holliday
nt - bowens/vickerson
de - taylor

olb - roth/spragan
ilb - crowder
ilb - thomas
olb - seau

lots of depth, lots of potential to move players around in various places. im damn excited

Why do some of you still believe that we will run the 3-4 as the base defense?

KB21 said:
Why do some of you still believe that we will run the 3-4 as the base defense?
because it makes sense with the moves he's made in the offseason, as well as in the draft

FinSinceBirth said:
You call yourself a fan? I don't what you are, but it isn't a fan. No fan wishes that on their team even for a player.
:clap:

SkapePhin said:
With the draft picks and moves in FA do you feel the Dolphins could make a run at the playoffs this year?

IMO, I believe so. I think Brown will be a stud, a DEFINATE improvement over last year's mess. Now, our season hinges on 2 things.. The development and consistency of AJ Feeley and the Offensive line to give him that opportunity... If one of those 2 fails, it will be a mediocre to poor year.. if not, playoff contention imo.
2 years from now we'll be back in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom