Dolphins Practice Recorded and posted on Twitter | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Practice Recorded and posted on Twitter

I don’t know about univ of Cincinnati, but I’ve been to a lot of college campuses.

I cannot think of a single campus where the public has access to the stadium for anything other than events.

This had to be athletic staff, athletes, or support staff.

I don’t know about univ of Cincinnati, but I’ve been to a lot of college campuses.

I cannot think of a single campus where the public has access to the stadium for anything other than events.

This had to be athletic staff, athletes, or support staff.
You can enter Ben Hill Griffin in Gainesville any time when there isn't an event.

I'm popping in from Cincinnati to offer a bit of perspective on Spygate 2022.

Nippert Stadium is a fishbowl. It is the absolute worst place in Cincinnati for the Dolphins to have chosen if they wanted secrecy. It literally sits in the middle of the UC campus. The field is below grade and is surrounded by buildings including a dormitory and the Student Center. There is a campus walkway that goes through the stadium. The stadium itself is open to everyone as there is no way to secure it. From the angle of the video, it looks to have been taken from inside the dorm.
According to Dan Hoard, the Bengals and Bearcats play-by-play announcer, the Dolphins were offered UC's practice field which is still open air but is more isolated, doesn't have buildings surrounding it, and is privacy fenced. But, they would have had to wait until the Bearcats were done with their practice and chose to forego that option.
There are also at least a dozen top-level high school facilities within 20 miles of downtown that could have been an option. These are schools that have money for upgraded facilities. Additionally, there are 2 other colleges in the area with football stadiums. All of these options would have provided more privacy than Nippert.

Good luck tonite

Go Bengals! Rule the Jungle! WhoDey!

My guess is that in deciding where to practice, the lack of security was brought up. Knowing that, they planned on using the 12 man formations from the get go. That's preparation at it's finest.

Back
Top Bottom