Dolphins receiver DeVante Parker covered better by excuses | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins receiver DeVante Parker covered better by excuses

Definitely has been disappointing so far......the lack of competitive instincts in Parker are alarming.

I would give him next year with RT to step it up. Unfortunately, we have too many needs currently and will likely need to roll with him for now.

Also shows you how important Stills has become to this offense.
Funny things is many posters here said potential potential potential, and wanted to trade Landry and Stills to keep him. Wonder where are they now.

If the team didn't have so many needs, I'd say draft Ridley or Sutton in round one and flip Parker for picks.

This is one that is really frustrating because we have seen the talent and we have seen production here and there. Maybe you give him one more season with Tannehill, but start looking for some late round gems. Maybe the Carroo thing pays off after all. Who know.
I really like Ridley but as you said, so many needs. Offer Pouncey and Parker and see what we can get. Target a WR in the 3rd.

Parkers a bust. I said it for 3 years he's to slow. Ok we messed up again. Trade him and get what you can get and sign Landry. Simple

Parkers a bust. I said it for 3 years he's to slow. Ok we messed up again. Trade him and get what you can get and sign Landry. Simple
Yeah when he actually does make the catch he’s slow. Has he ever caught a pass in stride for a TD?

Needs to be more physical at the top of routes. Doesn’t help that all of the timing routes are out of the o without tanny.

As jerry sanders said cutlers basically made him a bail out vertical jump ball wr option only.

And if those balls aren’t thrown catchable not much he can do.

Even the damn first back shoulder ball to dvp sunday was placed terribly.

The pick 6 cutler bypassed the primary which was the wheel route vs the deep off coverage he should have thrown that back shoulder instead he threw the damn ball into a mess of traffic and it was tipped and picked.

I haven’t seen a damn guy lead on a deep ball all season. He’s throwing lolli pops. And Moore’s throwing the damn ball into coverage or dying quails

Here’s hoping gase doesn’t overreact to these qb issues on o and jettison guys that can play

Same crap QB play and Landry and Stills out there making plays. Parker apparently needs elite QB play to make an impact

He's not slow by any means. I see him get a step on his man in go routes quite a bit. He's not a burner or anything but for his size he's plenty fast. He's just soft as tissue and has average hands. Also seems to have no awareness.

Well it’s true Landry and stills are showing up despite the qb so maybe gase is losing faith with dvp.

2 catches for 10 yards the last 2 games is hard to excuse. And I’m aware of that

For whatever reason he’s not getting the looks of late from the qb or with the play design.

Seeing him run a lot of clear outs for others

Keep in mind also that there were 3 balls in the first half to Kenny Stills prior to that lolli pop one he had to stop and lay down to catch even on a wide open huge gainer where he was wearing coverage like drapes and the ball was forced to him by cutler

There’s no square ins timing throws there’s no out routes there’s no come backs and stop routes vs off coverage there’s no back foot hits ball out outside the numbers it’s just a different animal.

Hell dvps bread and butter is inside breaking routes we aren’t even throwing quick slants to him I think that’s a qb thing more than it is dvp can’t win any longer

I think he's just content collecting a paycheck.

I don't agree with that. Parker seems to be trying. Even when I attended that Canes/Louisville game and watched him play after play Parker was giving a good effort. He's simply very ordinary at most aspects of being a wide receiver. If he's a monster it's the Herman Munster variety, where his size can't help but allow an advantage in certain situations.

I do think it's a Jordan Phillips situation. Don't overreact and get rid of him. Accept the occasional nice play while somebody in the organization figures out how to draft elite players.

Xavien Howard and Devante Parker are 2 mysteries to me. Feel like they have the tools to be high end starters and are bit soft. Maybe confidence idk. I would love to see them be more aggressive.
For ex: Carolina game- Why is Howard giving up everything in front of him up and down field

"bust" is too strong of a word, I think he's average. No doubt he's disappointing but Kevin White in Chicago is a bust...Parker isn't on that level. Right now he is Brandon LaFell but he has much more talent that it's beginning to look like he is never going to tap.

Back
Top Bottom