Dolphins receiver DeVante Parker covered better by excuses | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins receiver DeVante Parker covered better by excuses

maybe not use him on the deep ball for now, you have Stills for that.

Stills has proven that he deserved that paycheck. I like Landry but have said in the past the demands we are hearing I am not a fan of, but at this point you have to pay him unless you believe DVP’s production has dipped this bad due to QB play alone. Or you think Carroo can replace him. I have a feeling we Franchise Landry if a deal is not reached.

What really sucks is even if he starts playing better he’s not the type you give a big fat second contract to. I have the same concern with Jordan Phillips. So here you gave two wasted picks.

Definitely has been disappointing so far......the lack of competitive instincts in Parker are alarming.

I would give him next year with RT to step it up. Unfortunately, we have too many needs currently and will likely need to roll with him for now.

Also shows you how important Stills has become to this offense.
Just the other day some people wanted to trade Stills for a Big Mac and fries.......unbelievable.

"bust" is too strong of a word, I think he's average. No doubt he's disappointing but Kevin White in Chicago is a bust...Parker isn't on that level. Right now he is Brandon LaFell but he has much more talent that it's beginning to look like he is never going to tap.

You don't draft a WR that high to be average. He's a bust.

I haven’t seen a damn guy lead on a deep ball all season. He’s throwing lolli pops. And Moore’s throwing the damn ball into coverage or dying quails

THIS!! Zero timing with any balls targeted to him and I honestly cant remember a ball this season where it was placed in front of him downfield. Maybe that one handed highlight but clearly that was a bad ball too. They are tossing him crap and expecting him to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t, when the defender has better leverage on the ball the second its in the air.

We throw a lot of interceptions when we target Parker, going back to last season. I think his #1 problem is that he's just not attacking the football aggressively enough.

He's a big guy, he needs to use his size more to his advantage.
Yep - and show better concentration all the way through plays.

What really sucks is even if he starts playing better he’s not the type you give a big fat second contract to. I have the same concern with Jordan Phillips. So here you gave two wasted picks.
Or you simply offer them what you think they are worth and perhaps no one else over values them.

Funny things is many posters here said potential potential potential, and wanted to trade Landry and Stills to keep him. Wonder where are they now.

I felt he had potential, but wanted to keep Still particularly. So, I guess I'm right here.

DVP was/is a bad pick - not his fault Miami overreached (again) but it was a bad pick.

I've got Devante in the bust category. 1st round draft pick 3rd year still no 1,000 yard season, injured too often and when not 100% healthy is a ghost on the field.

I wouldn't be sad too see the back of him. He has been an enigma. Brilliant at times, but nowhere near often enough. Injured way too often.

If he was worth any trade value, then I would take a mid 4th, but I am not sure he is worth that.

Keep in mind also that there were 3 balls in the first half to Kenny Stills prior to that lolli pop one he had to stop and lay down to catch even on a wide open huge gainer where he was wearing coverage like drapes and the ball was forced to him by cutler

There’s no square ins timing throws there’s no out routes there’s no come backs and stop routes vs off coverage there’s no back foot hits ball out outside the numbers it’s just a different animal.

Hell dvps bread and butter is inside breaking routes we aren’t even throwing quick slants to him I think that’s a qb thing more than it is dvp can’t win any longer

^^^^^^^ nailed it.

Back
Top Bottom