Dolphins resign Kendall Lamm | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins resign Kendall Lamm

IMO neither OL or DL are such big needs that we "must" draft one over the other. In my perfect (realistic) draft, Fautanu falls to #21. He's a perfect fit that could play G immediately and replace Armstead in a year. But I would say he's a 50/50 chance to be there at our pick. I also really like Barton and would be fine with him at 21. He could play G immediately and has the position flexibility to play T or C.

But outside of those two, I would probably take a DL player over any other lower OL prospect. And while Fautanu is my top choice, there are several DL which I have on the same tier as Barton. While my personal preference would be to take Barton amongst that group, I see it as perfectly reasonable for someone to prefer Latu or Byron Murphy or a few others.

I don't really love the WR options there, although I would be fine with Leggette and a couple of others in a trade down. I have WR as a need as well so it's not about having OL or DL as bigger needs. Rather it's about whom I see likely to be available at different points in the draft.

I also see S as a need, but there's no way S would be a consideration at 21.

The bottom line is that I expect 21 to be about BPA amongst our need positions and also considering positional value. To me that suggests that if our first pick is is at 21 it will most likely to be OL or DL and anybody claiming that one or the other is absolutely right or wrong is just being a drama queen.
Fautanu is one of my favorites in this draft. I love his physical play! TE Bowers is too but Fautanu has such a great skillset inside that he's a very safe pick, and the way he projects on the outside is a real strongpoint for selecting him too. I hope he's there at #21

I'd say if the right OT slides, the guy that can replace Armstead next year that would be a great pickup. When Armstead gets hurt this year perhaps the rookie could step in for good at LT1
we got Lamm back to do that.....the weak spot is at guard

I still think that signing a vet is the cheapest course in the long run. Sign a guy for a year, maybe two... then let him walk. We'd get a guy who was ready immediately and we'd know exactly what we were getting.

Now... next year... when Hill is on his last year with us... I'm looking WR in the first round.

I don't doubt the need, what I doubt is the immediacy.

I won't scream if they go WR, because I do see the need... I just think we'd be wasting a year... and maybe Jonnu Smith, as TE would remain a very low priority in our offense if we draft a WR in round 1.

There are a few guys that I like who are viable third day targets, however... both Cornelius Johnson and Luke McCaffrey have size and some speed. If either fall into the 5th round, I'm gonna take a stab there. There are others.

I would love to see them try to use Jonnu as our 3rd reciever. He would bring the 'big man' physicality Hill and Waddle just can't

No more 4th and 1 fades to a 5'10" reciever please. Well, actually just run the damn ball...

My only concern is he would be another guy fighting for slot reciever style routes.

Still no contract numbers on Lamm... these will tell us a great deal.

I seriously doubt Weaver gets a HC gig after 1 year as a DC.

Most teams, there are exceptions, want an offensive minded HC these days.
That is true, but the Rooney rule comes into play these days. I wish Weaver nothing but success… if HE rocks the gig, better for our heroes. The constant recycling of coaches makes a guy like Weaver… who has served under some successful HCs… gives him an edge. Too early to speculate, my bad.

Ever hear of Laremy Tunsil? Played guard his first year knowing he'd be the starting left tackle the next year. Draft a young left tackl if available @21, let him learn and play next to TA and
Just because Tunsil was able to play LG competently as a rookie, does not mean all other college LTs we could draft in the 1st or 2nd could do the same. Fuaga, Latham, Mims, and Guyton were all RTs throughout their college careers, other than Latham playing a few snaps at RG in 2021.
So of the highly rated OTs with significant LT experience that leaves Alt, Fautanu, Fashanu, Barton, and Morgan. Other than Morgan they may all be gone before pick 21.

So how much film study have you done? Highlight clips don't qualify.

Not trying to be a prick about it, but since you were "snotty" about narratives, 95% of what's out there is parroting. Then it gets down to the trustworthiness of who is being parroted.

If one has done the work and are proficient, kudos. If not, they are promoting a narrative too, just a different one.

I don't agree with everything I see on "Locked On", but Crabbs works with a network of guys and they have been doing draft evals for years. Are they infallible? Heck no, but they are a whole lot better and thorough than these random Twatter repeating, rumor propagating podcast clowns that don't do their own "legwork", assuming they would know what they were doing if they did.
I have not seen every JPJ snap of every game but enough to know his shotgun snaps were not an issue, and especially not an issue of Connor and Liam proportions.
But since Kyle said JPJ snaps were as inconsistent as those of Connor and Liam, a lot of people will jump on that bandwagon.

Lol...... Fan and alum.

Tell us you aren't objective without actually using those words.

Kidding brother,...... well kind of......
So WTF is wrong with being a fan of the Ducks team and also being an alum? Does that mean his views aren't to be trusted? Let us know your favorite college team or teams so we can laugh at your views of those teams too.

He doesn't even seem like a good fit for Miami's scheme, and I highly doubt Miami uses a first round pick on an interior lineman who has no possibility of ever playing tackle.
The Dolphins are unlikely to draft an IOL-only type at 21 but this idea that JPJ doesn't seem to fit the Miami wide zone scheme is a lot of nonsense IMO. JPJ moves very well on the 2nd and 3rd levels despite his size. He's not just some inline phone-booth mauler, though he can do that too.

So WTF is wrong with being a fan of the Ducks team and also being an alum? Does that mean his views aren't to be trusted? Let us know your favorite college team or teams so we can laugh at your views of those teams too.
Nothing wrong with being a fan of any team. It had nothing to do with Oregon, just that sentiment/emotions usually creep in when looking at one's favorite team. For that matter, the same applies to rivals.

Back
Top Bottom