Dolphins resign Kendall Lamm | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins resign Kendall Lamm

Contract Notes

Kendall Lamm signed a one year, $2.5 million contract with the Dolphins on April 3, 2024. $1.6 million is guaranteed including an $825,000 signing bonus

Cutting him would leave 1.6m in dead cap. Trading him would leave 825k in dead cap.

Yes... I can.

I don't believe that the so-called 1st rounders are any better.
PFF and CBS and Daniel Jeremiah all have Murphy and Newton at least 20 spots and in some cases 30-35 spots ahead of the next ranked DT. They rush the passer better than Jenkins, Ohururu Hall etc. You can't honestly say there's no difference between a DT with an average ranking of 15 and one that's in the 40-50 range,

PFF and CBS and Daniel Jeremiah all have Murphy and Newton at least 20 spots and in some cases 30-35 spots ahead of the next ranked DT. They rush the passer better than Jenkins, Ohururu Hall etc. You can't honestly say there's no difference between a DT with an average ranking of 15 and one that's in the 40-50 range,
Sure I can.

I don't see it.

This year's DTs lack elite size.

Brewer- downgrade
Armstead- he’ll give us 5 games
Jackson- hopefully solid
Wynn- perennial injury winner like armstead
As of right now the OL is weaker than last year. Draft better be OL heavy .

I'll give you credit for living down to your "handle". - LOL

IMO neither OL or DL are such big needs that we "must" draft one over the other. In my perfect (realistic) draft, Fautanu falls to #21. He's a perfect fit that could play G immediately and replace Armstead in a year. But I would say he's a 50/50 chance to be there at our pick. I also really like Barton and would be fine with him at 21. He could play G immediately and has the position flexibility to play T or C.

But outside of those two, I would probably take a DL player over any other lower OL prospect. And while Fautanu is my top choice, there are several DL which I have on the same tier as Barton. While my personal preference would be to take Barton amongst that group, I see it as perfectly reasonable for someone to prefer Latu or Byron Murphy or a few others.

I don't really love the WR options there, although I would be fine with Leggette and a couple of others in a trade down. I have WR as a need as well so it's not about having OL or DL as bigger needs. Rather it's about whom I see likely to be available at different points in the draft.

I also see S as a need, but there's no way S would be a consideration at 21.

The bottom line is that I expect 21 to be about BPA amongst our need positions and also considering positional value.
To me that suggests that if our first pick is is at 21 it will most likely to be OL or DL and anybody claiming that one or the other is absolutely right or wrong is just being a drama queen.

I fully agree!!!

Considering how much playtime this guy gets, I’m shocked he’s that cheap.

Great signing at a great price.
We definitely saw more out of him last year than he'd EVER shown anywhere else. Heck... most years, he barely got on the field.

I think he benefited from playing the left side ahead of a lefty QB. If Tua's non-blind side gets pressure, he just throws it early.

I look at Jackson and I see a dancing-bear, blind-side LT playing on the Right... and then I look at this year's Tackle class... most of whom are thought to be front-side RTs... and I honestly think, "wouldn't one of these guys be perfect for our left side?". We flopped Jackson, now flop a RT type.

Sure I can.

I don't see it.

This year's DTs lack elite size.
You don't see it but apparently you do see LT's at 21 who can play guard for a year? It's amazing what people do and don't see.

Wilkins is 311lbs, Murphy is 308lbs so there goes your argument. Both are quick twitch players and both disruptive against the run and passing games, traits we're lacking right now with the JAGs Grier has brought in. Some of them have size but none of them are going to be a force getting after the QB.

Back
Top Bottom