Dolphins’ schedule a bit tougher with AFC East surging | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins’ schedule a bit tougher with AFC East surging

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Halfway through the season the AFC East is the best division in football, which means the Miami Dolphins’ season-ending schedule appears much tougher than originally projected. It’s the only division in which every team has a winning record.

Buffalo leads the division at 6-2, followed by the New York Jets and Dolphins at 6-3, and then New England at 5-4.

The Dolphins end the season at Buffalo (Dec. 18), vs. Green Bay (Dec. 25), at New England (Jan. 1) and vs. the Jets (Jan. 8).

By the way, every team in the division has a winning road record. The Jets are 4-0, and the three others are each 3-2. In other words, there are no cheap victories in this division.

Jets definitely arrived sooner rather than later. New England hasn’t beaten anyone special yet. Still not buying them. Miami gotta get to 8-3 beating Cleveland and Houston here soon. Can’t afford a slip up.

Jets definitely arrived sooner rather than later. New England hasn’t beaten anyone special yet. Still not buying them. Miami gotta get to 8-3 beating Cleveland and Houston here soon. Can’t afford a slip up.
I agree. The next two games are must wins. They need to be at 8-3 going into their last six games and then try and go 3-3 during that stretch to finish at 11-6 and see what happens. I'm pretty sure 11-6 would get them in the playoffs but probably not win the division.

I agree. The next two games are must wins. They need to be at 8-3 going into their last six games and then try and go 3-3 during that stretch to finish at 11-6 and see what happens. I'm pretty sure 11-6 would get them in the playoffs but probably not win the division.
That's what I was thinking. Get to 8 wins and then go no worse than 3-3 over the last 6. I actually think they should win 4 of the last 6 with the other two games being more of a toss-up. But with 11 wins they should be in and I like Miami's odds against any team in the NFL.

That's what I was thinking. Get to 8 wins and then go no worse than 3-3 over the last 6. I actually think they should win 4 of the last 6 with the other two games being more of a toss-up. But with 11 wins they should be in and I like Miami's odds against any team in the NFL.
I like our chances against any team at home.....it gets harder say in Buffalo or KC in January........to win the division I believe it's going to take at least 12 wins but most likely 13. I agree that 11 wins probably gets you in the playoffs

Hoping NE does not get in...matter of fact they could miss the next 20 postseasons and just be "even" as far as Im concerned.
I don’t think they will, they still have Minnesota, Miami, buffalo twice and Cincinnati. They probably go 2-3 at best there. They’ll probably be 9-8, not enough for playoffs in the AFC imo

We started the season with a gauntlet of 4 games. We were successful but came out limping with a lot of injuries. We can't finish the season's last 6 games getting beat up and more injuries. We need to find a way to win games and develop some momentum heading into the playoffs. IF we can get any home field games that will be huge.

Back
Top Bottom