Dolphins Scheme Packages And Roster Voids... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Scheme Packages And Roster Voids...

That's sort of what I said...I thought. Kiko moving to MLB would only happen if they draft a WLB like Roquan Smith.

Are you saying Kiko would stay at WLB if Roquan gets drafted?
I don't think we draft Roquan Smith. I'm hoping for Edmunds or Vander Esch. I think we should look at Kiko as a Will LB and Raekwon McMillan as the Mike.

I didn't list the lineup for a 2-4-5 so I didn't really call out a void for that sub-package. Not sure how much it is actually used but I'm guessing not a lot.

We've also been asking Phillips to step up for 3 years now and he was on the bench in favor of a rookie 5th round pick who dominated snaps. Maybe he does this year but I'm always leery about paying players after one good contract year. How many times do we have to ask him to step up?

I think Godchaux can make a jump but no one really knows how much. Right now he is our #1 DT. We ranked 14th against the run last year in yards allowed and were 22nd in rushing TD allowed with 14. I don't know of anyone who would project better results WITHOUT Suh.

I also don't ever remember having a good defense without 2 or 3 top notch DT's. We haven't had one since Soliai, Odrick & Starks.

I did a 3-round full NFL mock for fun (which got ruined because of the Pats/Rams trade) where I had Miami trading back with AZ, getting another second round pick. I had Miami taking Derwin James, Dallas Goedert, Harrison Phillips (DT), and Darius Leonard. I liked taking DT with the extra second because a good player fell. But I don't necessarily think Miami should use a high pick on a DT when it has needs at LB, FS, and TE.

I did a 3-round full NFL mock for fun (which got ruined because of the Pats/Rams trade) where I had Miami trading back with AZ, getting another second round pick. I had Miami taking Derwin James, Dallas Goedert, Harrison Phillips (DT), and Darius Leonard. I liked taking DT with the extra second because a good player fell. But I don't necessarily think Miami should use a high pick on a DT when it has needs at LB, FS, and TE.
Couldn't agree with you more Dog. In the 1st 4 rounds we need to come out of that with DT, LB, TE & FS &/or Backup QB (in no particular order, depending on how it falls). Love the trade back with Ariz, that would be perfect.

Post-draft revision....

I'm feeling a lot better about this roster and we will still be adding to it in the coming months as players get released. One thing is for certain. We really increased our team speed.

I don't see any clear voids but they are putting a lot of stock into an unproven interior DL. I would still like to see improvement there. We could make a move later on after they get a look at this unit. Hopefully, Godchaux or one of the other guys hve been busting their tails this off-season and comes in to camp dominating. We will need it.

OFFENSE

QB: Tannehill, Fales, Osweiler
HB: Drake, Gore, Ballage
TE: Gesicki, Smythe, Derby, Gray
WR: Parker
WR: Stills, Carroo
Slot: Wilson, Amendola

LT: Tunsil
LG: Sitton
C: Kilgore
RG: Davis
RT: James

Backup Linemen:
Larsen OC2, RG2, LG2
Smith OT2a
Young OT2

BASE DEFENSE 4-3-4

SDE: Hayes, Branch
DT: Spence, Phillips
DT: Godchaux, Taylor
WDE: Quinn, Harris

SLB: Alonso, Anthony
MLB: McMillan, Allen
WLB: Baker, McDonald

CB: Howard, McTyer, Armstrong
CB: Tankersley, Lippett
SS: Jones
FS: Fitzpatrick, McDonald

NICKEL DEFENSE: 4-2-5

SDE: Wake
DT: Hayes
DT: Spence
WDE: Quinn

LB: Baker
LB: McDonald

CB: Howard
CB: Tankersley
NCB: McCain

FS: Fitzpatrick

PK: Jason Sanders,

Good post, kind of funny how it worked out. We could still use a linebacker and a kicker is still a question mark but the team has either gotten lucky or did a good job in the offseason for once.

Post-draft revision....

I'm feeling a lot better about this roster and we will still be adding to it in the coming months as players get released. One thing is for certain. We really increased our team speed.

I don't see any clear voids but they are putting a lot of stock into an unproven interior DL. I would still like to see improvement there. We could make a move later on after they get a look at this unit. Hopefully, Godchaux or one of the other guys hve been busting their tails this off-season and comes in to camp dominating. We will need it.

OFFENSE

QB: Tannehill, Fales, Osweiler
HB: Drake, Gore, Ballage
TE: Gesicki, Smythe, Derby, Gray
WR: Parker
WR: Stills, Carroo
Slot: Wilson, Amendola

LT: Tunsil
LG: Sitton
C: Kilgore
RG: Davis
RT: James

Backup Linemen:
Larsen OC2, RG2, LG2
Smith OT2a
Young OT2

BASE DEFENSE 4-3-4

SDE: Hayes, Branch
DT: Spence, Phillips
DT: Godchaux, Taylor
WDE: Quinn, Harris

SLB: Alonso, Anthony
MLB: McMillan, Allen
WLB: Baker, McDonald

CB: Howard, McTyer, Armstrong
CB: Tankersley, Lippett
FS: Fitzpatrick, McDonald

NICKEL DEFENSE: 4-2-5

SDE: Wake
DT: Hayes
DT: Spence
WDE: Quinn

LB: Baker
LB: McDonald

CB: Howard
CB: Tankersley
NCB: McCain

FS: Fitzpatrick

PK: Jason Sanders,
kiko can man Sam? I thought you needed more strength at poa. Personally I like Chase Allen in that spot. He's 250, hits like a ton of bricks and ooo he runs a 4.58

kiko can man Sam? I thought you needed more strength at poa. Personally I like Chase Allen in that spot. He's 250, hits like a ton of bricks and ooo he runs a 4.58

I was reading a guy who talked to Grier last week and supposedly Grier told him that Kiko will move to the other side while TJ and Baker compete for the right side. Also said Kiko is up over 240 lbs right now.

Most of what I read talks about having left and right OLB's and not so much strong and weak as they don't switch sides and both may line up off the TE side at times. Both have very similar roles but I'm sure most offenses line the TE next to the RT more frequently than on the left. Probably depends on the TE's role (blocker or seam threat) in each offense and who needs help...LT or RT...and what the RB is doing on that play.

Coaches really like Kiko and I don't see Allen beating out any of our top 5 LB's. Kiko, McMillan, Baker, TJ or Anthony.

Phillips is your number 1 DT heading into camp.
Didn't Spencer have more snap counts than any of our current DTs in 2017? I expect him to compete in TC and secure that starting spot over Phillips.

Not based on snap counts. He has a long way to go in that area and needs to show more improvement/conditioning than any of those guys, IMO.
I think he made tremedous strides over the course of 2017.

I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement, but I see it:

Phillips
Godchaux
Spence
Taylor et. al.

I think this is Phillips' contract year, so I think he will ball for that next contract.

god help whoever gives him that

Back
Top Bottom