Dolphins should go bargain hunting in Free Agency .. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins should go bargain hunting in Free Agency ..

Certain things have to be kept in mind when considering Brandon Albert: Alex Smith showed pocket presence and instinct WAY beyond where Tannehill was. Tannehill made strides, but made his blockers' jobs hopeless as often as they sabotaged his.
Andy Reid called plays for KC while Sherman called plays for us. Reid protected his blockers with playcalling that kept defenders off balance and got the ball out quick.
Last, but far from least, Jamal Charles is leagues more developed and well-rounded than all our backs combined.

Any tackle we bring in will have a much tougher job than what Albert had to contend with.

why trade Wake? when he was out there was basically no pass rush.

I understand starks and solia could bring compensation but you have to retain at least one of them. Im Canadian and watch the CFL regularly and Kory Sheets is good but he is nothing different from what Miller brings. We need a power back who breaks tackles and sheets is a fast guy who makes guys miss.

Wallace may not get the great numbers but not many guys do when you have the top corner on you all game with a safety always looking his way.

At safety i think if you decide to go another way other than Clemons i hope they take a good look at their own roster, Don Jones showed he can do the physical part with some special teams play maybe give him a good look in training camp, Micheal Thomas showed he can do the coverage part and Jimmy Wilson has been stepping his game up over the last couple years

I would like to see Dion Jordan in at linebacker when you see tightends like Gronk or Graham. I liked Jenkins last year, and there is still guys like Spitler, Trusnik and Freeny who can be good backups when needed.

Wade smith woth ties to out oline coach, first and Formost, john Kuhn, starting caliber low price corner a must!, consider signing a guard,then choose from jermichael Finley or Keller, I'd prefer Keller.

Resign grimes, solai, Clemons, in that order. If Patterson is healthy, keep him, if not, cut your losses and resign Carroll to be the nickel

First off once again. Moore has no trade value esp at his salary. You also could never trade Wallace at his salary, this contract is our albatross that we have to get the best out of.

As for Sheets , take flier but in reality Canada does not seem to produce nfl running backs

No reason that Wheeler could not be cut with a post June 1st designation.
Except that his second year payment is fully guaranteed and the amount increases significantly from year 1 - sorry can't remember the amounts.
If a large payment is guaranteed, we might as well keep him and hope that the new LB Coach can develop him.

Vick should not be an option at QB. He's said he wants to start, and if we cut Moore, we need to proceed with Devlin as the backup, and a late round developmental QB.

This is basically my thoughts on the quarterback position also. I wouldn't cut Moore though, I would try to do everything possible to trade him. As dlockz points out his salary makes it difficult, but if his new team decides to re-do his contract and give him a multi-year deal it could work.

I would love to see them trade Moore and re-sign Devlin(restricted free agent) and promote him to the #2. Then draft a quarterback in round 4 or 5 to be the #3 and groom. A draft pick's four year contract would be cheaper than Moore's contract just in 2014.

Toby gerhart, wade smith, jon beason, clemons, soliai, michael oher, grimes.. Release wheeler (after June 1st). I understand he will cost us money but its an addition by subtraction.

When you think about it, Ireland was not really very good at finding value at the second tier level. Every year he made a splurge in Free Agency, sometimes it worked, eg Grimes, but more often than not the expensive FA turned out to be a dud. He was not a great at waiting and finding value. When you think about it last year, the rush to spend top $ on Philip Wheeler was not the act of a value shopper. The year before it was CB Richard Marshall. In his first year it was the dreadful Jacksonville WR Ernest Wilford. (He probably got the inclination to splurge from his days in Dallas.
Hopefully, Dennis Hickey is better able to find some good value Free Agents.

Thanks for another reminder of why anyone is better than Ireland. C'mon Hickey.

So so many terrible decisions.

Let both DT's walk? Lol no AND trade wake?! Smh
Clemons too expensive? Doubt it but Ed Reed was BAD this year
Wr? I'll bring on a returner cheap but not at the cost of losing Mike Wallace
Kory Sheets?! Why not Lorenzo Booker while were at it
OL- oher isn't good. Maybe bring back Clabo who finished the season okay

Your best thoughts are on qb (no to Vick), cb (cut Patterson too), and maybe the lb's, but I don't know how Williams and Vilma are anymore, and TE. If Finley is cheap fine, ill gamble on him before Keller because that injury was terribad

Devlin is not a viable NFL player. If he is the back up to RT, we playing Russian Roulette at the game's most vital position. I have no issue this year releasing Moore for additional cap room. However, I would want a steady, but cheaper veteran behind RT. Or, draft a QB in 3rd or 4th round and roll with a higher upside back up instead of Devlin.

The irony is that Chad Henne actually makes a pretty decent backup QB. I know that we would never get him back, too many hopes dashed left us with scars, but he is an above average backup. He's physically pretty sound. He still has a decent arm. He doesn't have great leadership qualities but he's not going to get into trouble.

The irony is that Chad Henne actually makes a pretty decent backup QB. I know that we would never get him back, too many hopes dashed left us with scars, but he is an above average backup. He's physically pretty sound. He still has a decent arm. He doesn't have great leadership qualities but he's not going to get into trouble.

There are some interesting mid round quarterbacks this spring, but I like the vet in the backup role.

Back
Top Bottom