Dolphins sign Earl Mitchell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Earl Mitchell

Mitchell is 27, 6'2" and 295 pounds, played around half the snaps for Houst last year. He is below avg vs the run but can bring some pressure, 4 sacks, 3 hits, and 9 hurries. Overall, he is ranked #51 of all DT's/NT's. Big drop off from Starks or Soliai.

If they are going this route it might be to get a lot more pressure by our DT's to take pressure off or poor LB tackling skills.

Can Ed Stinson play inside? Might be able to pick him up later on.

Mitchell is 27, 6'2" and 295 pounds, played around half the snaps for Houst last year. He is below avg vs the run but can bring some pressure, 4 sacks, 3 hits, and 9 hurries. Overall, he is ranked #51 of all DT's/NT's. Big drop off from Starks or Soliai.

Just wondering where you got that information? Everything I see and can find is that now he is only 26 (27 in Sept), is 6'3" and 300 #'s. Plus he had 48 tackles and 1.5 sacks last year. Are those his career totals you posted? Also the Texans run defense was almost an entire yard worse on run defense when he wasn't in the game last season.

I think he is much like Soliai and Starks in that it took them a couple years to blossom and his best years are right in front of him.

What happened to Linval Joseph? That's the guy we really need to replace those 2

Is he as good as Starks? How much cheaper will he be if any? I don't know much about him

is he better? at this moment no. Would he be cheaper? Yes. Would he be a good signing? Yes, he adds pass rush to the interior which Coyle wants.

But let's remember, Starks wasn't exactly a huge get when we signed him. He was a part time player in Tennessee only starting 16 games once

People are going to surprised how much Mitchell gets.

Back
Top Bottom