Dolphins sign Jack Discroll | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Jack Discroll

RG appears to be Liam Eichenberg's best spot, but we may find a better guard in the Draft.
the top guys we could be looking at in the draft that can play guard, all played on the left side.......Fantanu/Barton/Beebe.......JPJ played center but he could play guard but once we got Brewer I think JPJ might have gone down our board. I'm pretty sure than at least one of our starting guards will be a player already on the roster....I just hope that one guard will come from this draft

There were a couple of plays where the pass rusher tried to run the arc on Driscoll, but he stayed with them and Hurts had to step up. Most QBs would step up in the pocket looking to pass but Hurts just took off for decent runs. I paused it whenever I saw something where I thought Driscoll got beat and 0:46 was it. I did not see what you saw bad at those other times. 0:09, I could not see anything wrong there. The 0:55 running play was not blown up by his man. It was the RG's man who then also defeated the RB. Driscoll's guy showed up after the play was over. 1:26, he ran his man upfield and Hurts stepped up and ran for a 1st down. I don't fault Driscoll there. 2:04 was another example of the edge trying to run the arc, and Driscoll stayed with him very well. That snap was handled perfectly. His man did not come close to affecting the play.
Just curious, does the Forks in your name refer to Forks, Washington?
I think your view on a few of these is fair. I did mention that when he was beat off the snap on a few of these, he managed to push the defender deep. I do think a less mobile/aware QB might have had a few problems, though.

The Forks actually refers to Forks, Pennsylvania. Lived there back when I joined the site, but I haven’t been there in about 12 years.

Sweat is a 2nd rounder....2nd round is where I'd look for a DT.....I like Branden Fiske from FSU

Fiske can penetrate 19.5 sacks in college while Sweat is more of a space eater but not a pass rusher....only 5 sacks for his career
Sweat won't get you many sacks. His game is eating double teams.
the top guys we could be looking at in the draft that can play guard, all played on the left side.......Fantanu/Barton/Beebe.......JPJ played center but he could play guard but once we got Brewer I think JPJ might have gone down our board. I'm pretty sure than at least one of our starting guards will be a player already on the roster....I just hope that one guard will come from this draft
Do you like Mahogany?

Sweat won't get you many sacks. His game is eating double teams.

Do you like Mahogany?
I do to a point but he'd just be a consolation price and I want more than that for a change....the team needs to stop messing around.....if Fantanu's there then I'm running the card up

You seem to have forgotten something.
Right now, that "bargain bin" offers us the most for our "limited" bucks.

Grier is doing all the Right things for all the Right reasons Right now.

That makes you RONG! - LOL
So, you are of the belief there is just no way Miami could have afforded Risner, Glowinski, or Zeitler? I do not agree. How does that make me wrong?

Sweat is a 2nd rounder....2nd round is where I'd look for a DT.....I like Branden Fiske from FSU

Fiske can penetrate 19.5 sacks in college while Sweat is more of a space eater but not a pass rusher....only 5 sacks for his career
Sacks are not the only measure of a good pass rusher. Sweat on the nose can collapse the pocket, and make it easier for the edge rushers to get in there.

JPJ only started playing C in 2023. In 2022, most of his snaps were at RG. He would be a real asset there if we took him, and would also give us fine depth at C. I do not want to see Eich ever snapping the ball again.

Reactions: BSQ
Sacks are not the only measure of a good pass rusher. Sweat on the nose can collapse the pocket, and make it easier for the edge rushers to get in there.
Unless he seriously changes his lifestyle/fitness regimen/diet he is going to be a part time player. He likely won't have much of a pass rushing impact because he will be on the bench wearing an oxygen mask.

JPJ only started playing C in 2023. In 2022, most of his snaps were at RG. He would be a real asset there if we took him, and would also give us fine depth at C. I do not want to see Eich ever snapping the ball again.
That is not a good enough reason to take a G in R1.

I don't think there is a good reason to take an IOL that high.

A guy who can play inside then move to OT would be worth it but not a pure IOL.

I think your view on a few of these is fair. I did mention that when he was beat off the snap on a few of these, he managed to push the defender deep. I do think a less mobile/aware QB might have had a few problems, though.

The Forks actually refers to Forks, Pennsylvania. Lived there back when I joined the site, but I haven’t been there in about 12 years.
Tua is nowhere near the runner Hurts is, but he does do well sliding in the pocket to avoid a rusher while keeping his eyes downfield. Hopefully, we never need to see Driscoll at any position but RG.

Back
Top Bottom