Dolphins sign Jack Discroll | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Jack Discroll

That is not a good enough reason to take a G in R1.

I don't think there is a good reason to take an IOL that high.

A guy who can play inside then move to OT would be worth it but not a pure IOL.
I disagree. If they have JPJ graded as the best on their board and available at 21, take him.

the top guys we could be looking at in the draft that can play guard, all played on the left side.......Fantanu/Barton/Beebe.......JPJ played center but he could play guard but once we got Brewer I think JPJ might have gone down our board. I'm pretty sure than at least one of our starting guards will be a player already on the roster....I just hope that one guard will come from this draft
I agree. One starting guard, at least, in Week 1, will be either Wynn, Eich, Jones, or Driscoll. Hopefully, Cotton has been traded to head chef at the nearest Waffle House.
As of now, barring additional UFA moves, IMO, the first two picks need to be IDL and IOL in one order or the other.

I do to a point but he'd just be a consolation price and I want more than that for a change....the team needs to stop messing around.....if Fantanu's there then I'm running the card up
Fautanu, and in PFFs latest mock draft they have him going 10th to the Jets. 2nd OL off the board after only Alt. They have Miami taking Murphy at 21, and passing on Barton, Mims, Morgan, and Guyton, who all go after 21 but by 32.

Why?

What has happened to support your belief in him improving to that degree?
He has shown glimpses in a few games. The notion proffered by some here that he invariably always sucks, regardless of where he plays is so much nonsense. He started 3 straight last season at RG, RG, and LG, Weeks 11-13, and graded above average in all of them. Just as with Jackson, he needs to be placed at his best position, RG in his case and left alone. No more moving around constantly.
Did you expect Jackson to improve well enough in 2023 to earn a big multi-year extension in mid-season? I sure never did.
It may not happen again, but if Eich stays at just one OG spot and stays healthy as Jackson did, I'd not be surprised at all if he played well enough to be re-signed.

Besides his enormous improvement during last year?
I guess you didn't notice that - or it just doesn't fit in your agenda. - LOL
"enormous improvement"?

And I have an agenda?

Based on asking you why you think he is going to get better I have an agenda?

"enormous improvement"?

And I have an agenda?

Based on asking you why you think he is going to get better I have an agenda?

If you had said "continuing to get better" you would have been right and answered your own question. - LOL

He has shown glimpses in a few games. The notion proffered by some here that he invariably always sucks, regardless of where he plays is so much nonsense. He started 3 straight last season at RG, RG, and LG, Weeks 11-13, and graded above average in all of them. Just as with Jackson, he needs to be placed at his best position, RG in his case and left alone. No more moving around constantly.
Did you expect Jackson to improve well enough in 2023 to earn a big multi-year extension in mid-season? I sure never did.
It may not happen again, but if Eich stays at just one OG spot and stays healthy as Jackson did, I'd not be surprised at all if he played well enough to be re-signed.
Well said. Driscoll gives Miami better depth at the OG positions than they had last season. I don't expect him to start, but if he somehow wins a starting OG, I'm not going to complain. He's a good player. He provides much needed experience and depth.

Jackson had actually shown himself to be a competent pro as a rookie. He was also derailed by an injury after a good start to his career. Once again, he was looking excellent in camp/ preseason of 2022 before he was injured early in the season.

Eichenberg has never shown to be a good player. By PFF (not gospel, I know), Jackson’s worst year was the equivalent of Eichenberg’s best year.

Fautanu, and in PFFs latest mock draft they have him going 10th to the Jets. 2nd OL off the board after only Alt. They have Miami taking Murphy at 21, and passing on Barton, Mims, Morgan, and Guyton, who all go after 21 but by 32.
in that scenario Barton is the one I'd take

in that scenario Barton is the one I'd take
I'd never complain if we took Barton. I'd just hope his versatility wouldn't work against him and the coaches be indecisive by moving him from position to position in his rookie camp rather than letting him settle into one role. If take him, I'd plug him in at starting LG, but give him enough reps at Center to be the backup there. Never want to see Eich in the pivot again.

Back
Top Bottom