Dolphins sign Jack Discroll | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Jack Discroll

Jackson had actually shown himself to be a competent pro as a rookie. He was also derailed by an injury after a good start to his career. Once again, he was looking excellent in camp/ preseason of 2022 before he was injured early in the season.

Eichenberg has never shown to be a good player. By PFF (not gospel, I know), Jackson’s worst year was the equivalent of Eichenberg’s best year.
2021, Jackson at LG was roughly equivalent to Eich at LT, by grades. That is true. Less than a point difference. But since neither position is the best one for either player, it seemed to me like that year they were both set up to fail. In 2022, Eich moved inside to LG, and was struggling again until just before he was injured. His best games by far were Week 6 vs Minn and Week 8 at Detroit.
Being different players and sets of DNA they won't necessarily progress at the same pace. The best three-game stretch of Eich's career was his three consecutive OG starts last season, Weeks 11-13. That was encouraging. IMO. In his late-season Center starts he was physically beaten up and hobbling and playing at much less than 100%. Yet he didn't throw in the towel. Early in the season, after the first Connor injury he was still green as a Center and learning as he went along. He never complained about being the C, but admitted his best position and where he feels most comfortable is RG.
But back to 2021, I wonder what possessed them to move Jackson inside and not just plug in Eich there while leaving Jackson where he played as a rookie. He showed glimpses of solid play at LT as a rookie before he got hurt in the Week 11 Denver game. He kept on playing after that but seemed to decline. Did correlation equal causation in that case? IMO it did.

I am now satisfied that you are beyond the benefits of any "remedial reading" I would provide!

Sit on that and spin. - LOL
If I knew you were going to add nothing but childish insults to the conversation I would not have bothered to engage with you.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Unless he seriously changes his lifestyle/fitness regimen/diet he is going to be a part time player. He likely won't have much of a pass rushing impact because he will be on the bench wearing an oxygen mask.
I totally agree. I want no part of that guy, especially in the first two rounds.

Quick thoughts...It's gotta be incredibly difficult to crack the starting Eagles O-Line, so being a solid backup for 4 years (after being drafted in the 4th round from the SEC) is quite an accomplishment, and being a backup for the Eagles probably makes you a starter on 90% of NFL teams. So, after learning from the best coaches and players for 4 years, I would think he should plug right into a starting lineup for us. (Probably RG)

Not to mention that this continues to push Eichenberg closer to the streets...exciting signing!
Best backup on the Eagles Oline > Best starter on Dolphins Oline

Don't @ me. This was a home run signing!

Back
Top Bottom