Dolphins sign Jack Discroll | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Jack Discroll

This is how you build an IOL, not with high draft picks and not with 20 million a year FA deals.

Throw as many solid vet guys as you can in there and find a combo that works.
This. I love what they’re doing. I would still use a first on the line, but now feel comfortable if somebody slips and they address a different need.

Really underwhelming video of him... lol

Yeah after watching that I can see why people are saying he's a guard only
I would say, try not to get too worked up one way or the other based on looking at clips from one game. We don't know if he worked with the starters much leading up to that game. We don't know if he was dealing with any type of injuries. And we know the Bills defense can make even good linemen look bad at times. I say lets see what he brings in training camp and the preseason.

I would say, try not to get too worked up one way or the other based on looking at clips from one game. We don't know if he worked with the starters much leading up to that game. We don't know if he was dealing with any type of injuries. And we know the Bills defense can make even good linemen look bad at times. I say lets see what he brings in training camp and the preseason.
Exactly.

These guys didn't like him. He will compete for backup or starter at one of the guard spots. Those posts were in response to him playing tackle I believe, he may do better at Guard? Or he may suck, we won't know until the pads come on, but bringing in lots of bodies to compete is not a bad thing.
Those Philly MF'ers boo Santa Claus, not sure I'm looking for their opinion. :chuckle:

It's a good depth signing. He got one start last year and it was at RT in their OT win over Buffalo and he did a pretty good job that game.

He's only 26. He's cheap. He can play either tackle or guard. He comes from a winning team whose best position was where he played.

If I didn't know anything else about him, that would be enough for me to say he was a worthwhile addition.

This means Lamm is not coming back which is fine.....Lamm wants to get a deal and I think he's earned one
Would love to have Lamm back as we know Armstead is not playing 17 games. I think Driscoll is the competition for Eich and hopefully they sign a Center/Guard in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom