Dolphins' Surprise Starter At Linebacker Is From 2018 Draft Class | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Surprise Starter At Linebacker Is From 2018 Draft Class

Feels like they are gearing up for life beyond Kiko Alonso. Future starting unit...

SLB Anthony (4.56 40)
MLB McMillan (4.61)
WLB Baker (4.53)

It's not to late for Anthony to become a great player. He has the tools, IMO.

Baker and Anthony as the nickle LB's.

Kiko has an 8.3M cap hit next year and only a 3.5M dead hit if released. He and branch may both be gone in 2019. Cutting Branch saves us $7M and Kiko saves us $4.8M.
That's still a lot of dead money for Kiko and Branch to go along with the dead money hit from Suh.

Gase and Burke like what Kiko gives them to much for him to lose a starting position.

Obviously Kiko has some shortcomings, but when he's surrounded by other quality LBers that allow him not to worry about others, he can be an effective LB.

Considering he will have better talent next to him, he should do a good job.

Feels like they are gearing up for life beyond Kiko Alonso. Future starting unit...

SLB Anthony (4.56 40)
MLB McMillan (4.61)
WLB Baker (4.53)

Kiko has an 8.3M cap hit next year and only a 3.5M dead hit if released. He and branch may both be gone in 2019. Cutting Branch saves us $7M and Kiko saves us $4.8M.

After re-reading the article, I can interpret it as 'we know what we have in Kiko.'
Here is my reasoning . . . "
I think that is probably a little bit maybe more the dynamic of trying to let the younger linebackers kind of get up to speed a little bit before we totally throw them in the fire."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article212735884.html#storylink=cpy

SLB Anthony (4.56 40)
MLB McMillan (4.61)
WLB Baker (4.53)

Branch played hurt last year. I think he’ll be much better this year and saving 7 M and losing a DE doesn’t appeal to me. But I’m all aboard the cut Kiko train.

Wasn't a fan of the Anthony transaction last year.

He does seem like the logical starter though. Hopefully Baker comes along quickly in camp. When Anthony did play last year (albeit sparingly) it seemed they were trying to keep what he was asked to do on the field as simple as possible. Don't let anything get too complicated, and let him use his natural ability. Not sure that will translate to a starting role, but we will see.

No love for Chase Allen? You need a Sam type, makes defending the run easier

Burke didn't exactly give Anthony a ringing endorsement with his comments in there. But it would be good if Anthony could develop into something. The guy was fast as hell and hit like a missile at Clemson. He just hasn't displayed the instincts at all. False steps galore with him.

My God, Burke's pressers are a thing to watch. It's like reading a college essay that needs to be 10,000 words, but dude has maybe 100 words and then starts reiterating the obvious over and over in all kinds of manner...

He also mimics the head swaying that is Gase's calling card. Which makes me think he rose to the top with the help of a few tips from Tony Robbins.

He also goes through a predictable, almost logarithmic cheekiness with the reporters. Then instantly reverts back to saying the same thing in a different way ad nauseam.

But go ahead, I friggin' dare you to watch this all the way through...

My God, Burke's pressers are a thing to watch. It's like reading a college essay that needs to be 10,000 words, but dude has maybe 100 words and then starts reiterating the obvious over and over in all kinds of manner...

He also mimics the head swaying that is Gase's calling card. Which makes me think he rose to the top with the help of a few tips from Tony Robbins.

He also goes through a predictable, almost logarithmic cheekiness with the reporters. Then instantly reverts back to saying the same thing in a different way ad nauseam.

But go ahead, I friggin' dare you to watch this all the way through...

Overly critical a bit..

Wasn't a fan of the Anthony transaction last year.

He does seem like the logical starter though. Hopefully Baker comes along quickly in camp. When Anthony did play last year (albeit sparingly) it seemed they were trying to keep what he was asked to do on the field as simple as possible. Don't let anything get too complicated, and let him use his natural ability. Not sure that will translate to a starting role, but we will see.
Agree but we were desperate at LB last year so you gotta reach a little when you get yourself in a situation like that.

Did you watch it and pay attention at the same time?

Of course.

Not everyone has amazing speaking skills and maybe he was doing his best to give as much insight as possible, even if it may have been a bit redundant. He seemed comfortable though and I think he was just trying to answer the questions the best way he could that would also be satisfactory answers. He’s a very cerebral guy so maybe give him a bit of break.

Of course.

Not everyone has amazing speaking skills and maybe he was doing his best to give as much insight as possible, even if it may have been a bit redundant. He seemed comfortable though and I think he was just trying to answer the questions the best way he could that would also be satisfactory answers. He’s a very cerebral guy so maybe give him a bit of break.

caine+in+spain.jpg

I've gone too far...that can happen sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom