Dolphins' Surprise Starter At Linebacker Is From 2018 Draft Class | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Surprise Starter At Linebacker Is From 2018 Draft Class

Of course.

Not everyone has amazing speaking skills and maybe he was doing his best to give as much insight as possible, even if it may have been a bit redundant. He seemed comfortable though and I think he was just trying to answer the questions the best way he could that would also be satisfactory answers. He’s a very cerebral guy so maybe give him a bit of break.

Yeah i think bottom line is like most guys - we saw it with Gase, Grier, Bill Bellichick, whoever - that with experience they get more comfortable and settle into themselves up there. When Gase first got here it looked like his eyes were about to pop out of his head every time someone asked a question. He's gotten much better and relaxed. We just happen to have some relatively young guys in high positions on this team who haven't been public speaking to the media for 15+ years. they'll get it.

This is kind of a non story. A 3rd round pick isn’t being gifted a starting job? Wow I’m shocked. If you remember even Tunsil started camp as a back up his rookie year. Minkah is the first rookie in the tenure of this coaching staff who is walking in to camp as a starter. McMillian had to earn it in camp last year too. We probably needs pads on before we judge our starting LBs.

I’m lost how we are assuming Anthony takes Kikos job, yet he isn’t under contract next year. I assume Kiko is gone next year, but I fail to see a connection how competition for the 3rd lb affects him.

You have to pay to access the Miami Herald! What a joke!

I think you can read x amount of articles per month and then they cut you off. Sun Sentinel does the same thing and I think it’s fair. If they took PayPal I’d give them a few bucks per month.

I would love it if the light came on for Anthony this year. He’s got Damsby level talent he just needs to figure it out on the field.

This is kind of a non story. A 3rd round pick isn’t being gifted a starting job? Wow I’m shocked. If you remember even Tunsil started camp as a back up his rookie year. Minkah is the first rookie in the tenure of this coaching staff who is walking in to camp as a starter. McMillian had to earn it in camp last year too. We probably needs pads on before we judge our starting LBs.

I’m lost how we are assuming Anthony takes Kikos job, yet he isn’t under contract next year. I assume Kiko is gone next year, but I fail to see a connection how competition for the 3rd lb affects him.

Not sure I am following about the non-story but it talked about Anthony as the SLB this year and I talked about a change of WLB next year DEPENDING on how Kiko plays this year AND how Baker fits into the system. Baker being the future WLB. Of Course if Kiko balls out then it's less likely. Never saw anything about Anthony taking Kiko's job this year unless I am missing something.

Branch played hurt last year. I think he’ll be much better this year and saving 7 M and losing a DE doesn’t appeal to me. But I’m all aboard the cut Kiko train.

We have Quinn for 11.5 & 13M over the next two seasons. Harris is a first round pick so he will get his opportunities. The question is how long they plan on keeping Wake. I'm sure his play this year will shed some light on that. As of right now, Branch is the 5th DE but he has been playing on the weak side as well. . You're gonna pay him 9M to be the 5th DE? Not sure he will get enough snaps this year to produce enough to justify that salary. I could see keeping him but not at that contract.

We will be in need of a strong side DE in the very near future though. Wake (36) and Hayes (33) are both getting up there. Branch (28) could be a candidate to play strong side but it's tough to see their vision long term and he's not ideal for the left side.

Quinn could very well turn out to be our best pass rusher if they move on from Wake any time soon. Harris plays the same position. They willing to move him to the other side?

Back
Top Bottom