Dolphins to interview Mike Mularkey | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to interview Mike Mularkey

Please Lord, do not let the Kevin Costner lookalike become the HC in Miami. With the offensive talent in Atlanta (Ryan, Gonzo, White, Turner, Jones, etc.), I could have a top 10 offense as OC. Am I the only one who thinks that Atlanta was a huge disappointment this year despite making the playoffs? I would rather have any other coach that we have interviewed than Mularkey!

Please Lord, do not let the Kevin Costner lookalike become the HC in Miami. With the offensive talent in Atlanta (Ryan, Gonzo, White, Turner, Jones, etc.), I could have a top 10 offense as OC. Am I the only one who thinks that Atlanta was a huge disappointment this year despite making the playoffs? I would rather have any other coach that we have interviewed than Mularkey!

their defense was their letdown the offense was not a problem

The thing I remember most about Mularkey: really dumb trick plays in terrible situations.

their defense was their letdown the offense was not a problem

No disrespect intended but with those weapons, they should have had an offense on par with Green Bay, New Orleans, and New England but they weren't within 100 total offensive points of any of those teams. In fact, they scored less points than San Diego and I certainly wouldn't say that San Diego had a great offensive year for the amount of talent on their team either. Atlanta scored less than Carolina and Detroit too...still think they had a great year and it was all on the defense? They traded up to get Julio Jones as their final weapon but I would not say that they had the regular season success that they expected and I don't think that anyone in the Falcon's organization thinks that their offense played to its potential this year. To me, that is quite indicative of a Mularkey offense.

I thought it couldn't sound any worse than the idea of Baby Schotty. Sheesh. Mularkey was a failure as a HC and then a failure for us as an OC. He's got more tools in Atlanta but still hasn't won a playoff game so that's as good as a "push" netting him out in the red as both a HC and OC. Hey, if he really did hit his stride with Turner, White, Ryan, etc in Atlanta, more power to him.. but clearly he's Peter Principled out at the OC level. I'm far from warm and fuzzy over Fisher, but hell, he'd look like a godsend compared to this slug.

if the jags want mike mularkeys sorry *** let them have him...i give it 3 years with blaine gabbert his qb before mularkeys fired also...gabbert out of the league in 2 years anyways...

poor khan...getting rooked by his gm and staff into bad decisions

The Atlanta offense has a whopping 11 plays of 20+ yards, worst in the league with all that talent, no freaking thank you

The Atlanta offense has a whopping 11 plays of 20+ yards, worst in the league with all that talent, no freaking thank you

they actually said that Matt Ryan's deep ball has statistically been worse than Tebow.

if the jags want mike mularkeys sorry *** let them have him...i give it 3 years with blaine gabbert his qb before mularkeys fired also...gabbert out of the league in 2 years anyways...

poor khan...getting rooked by his gm and staff into bad decisions

You'll love this Hoops, Gene Smith is asking coaches if they feel they can build an offense around Gabbert. 4 candidates interviewed said yes.

Originally, when I saw Mularkey's name, I reached for the Jim Beam bottle, but they may just be a knee jerk reaction. After doing little more research it may not be as bad as I originally thought.

- At Pittsburgh he was able to make Kordell Stewart a Pro Bowl QB and resurrect Tommy Maddox's career.
- Steelers won 10+ games each year he was O coordinator.
- Still the last Buffalo HC to have a winning season. Left when Marv Levy took over in management. (Can't say I blame him.)
- Turned around Atlanta's O in his first year as OC. Went from 29th in scoring to 10th, in his first year.

He actually fits the description the Front Office originally gave on their wish list. He has been in the trenches. He is still relatively young at 50 (I thought he was older). He is offense minded (Fisher isn't). Also, he has worked under some good Coaches Cowher, now Mike Smith. And some bad, Saban and Cam - so he has been able to see what works and what doesn't. He also knows the importance of having a franchise QB.

I am not jumping on the Mularkey bandwagon, but after doing some research, I can say I have a different opinion. Here is an article I found from three years ago, has some interesting comments, worth a read.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80c77e5a&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

chambers if those candidates want to get fired let em go work with gabbert...you better build a brick wall so that kid doesn't go belly up everytime there isn't a clean pocket i can tell ya that

chambers if those candidates want to get fired let em go work with gabbert...you better build a brick wall so that kid doesn't go belly up everytime there isn't a clean pocket i can tell ya that

That's why I feel Gruden or Mularkey are the best fits for Jax. The other guys they are looking at are Mike McCoy and Little Schotty. Mularkey will build that offense around Lewis and MJD. Gruden would do a horizontal offense.

Back
Top Bottom