Dolphins to Play on Thanksgiving in Detroit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to Play on Thanksgiving in Detroit

finfromthenorth

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
I just caught the end of the show but on a Detroit Radio station they said that the Dolphins will get the Thanksgiving day game. Has anyone else heard this and is it possiblke to know the game already???

There's been alot of speculation that it would be us playing on Turkey day, it's cool to hear that it might be true.

I think it may be true...

my best freind is a hardcore Lions fan (posts over at thelionsfanatics.com) and he was telling me the same thing, that he believes we will be playing on Turkey Day

From other posts, it been pointed out that it has to be either Miami or Buffalo.....its not official, but who would you choose???

I will be there!!! Perfect excuse to not have Turkey day with the fiance's family!! YES!!! :evil:

Hoodie hoo!

This is great news for a lot of reasons. It will give us a long week afterwards, and I seem to recall teams have quite a good record historically coming off a Thanksgiving Day game.

Oh, yeah ... we'll get some good face time this year.

finfromthenorth said:
I just caught the end of the show but on a Detroit Radio station they said that the Dolphins will get the Thanksgiving day game. Has anyone else heard this and is it possiblke to know the game already???

The official schedule won't be announced until later in the year...I think April...but there is a possiblity since we play them away...

yeah i think cause detroit will be the CBS game this thanksgiving that means they have to play an AFC opponent at home... and their only 2 AFC home opponents are miami and buffalo... and id think with the direction both organizations are going, we'd get that game...

Dolphins_SR66 said:
From other posts, it been pointed out that it has to be either Miami or Buffalo.....its not official, but who would you choose???

one team on the way up or one team likely to be stuck in the gutter for the next few years...not that hard for cbs to choose which team!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it is true!!! We did not have any national tv games last year....hopefully we will get the Turkey Day game, and maybe a Monday or Sunday night game...I think with our 9-7 record we should. :)

Another possibility is that if Pitt wins the super bowl they will start out the season on Thursday Sep 7th. The Dolphins might be the opponent.

I don't want a turkey day game! To many people at the hiuse, to hard to hear, to much crap from my wife for sitting in front of the TV.

I don't need the headache!

From KFFL:

Dolphins | Team may land Thanksgiving Day game
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:17:20 -0800

Susan Miller Degnan, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to play at Detroit against the Detroit Lions at 12:30 p.m. Thanksgiving Day 2006, although the NFL won't release its schedule until March or April.

Back
Top Bottom