Dolphins to Release Ogbah | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to Release Ogbah

4 million dead cap 14 million cap savings.

16 million if they designate it a post June cut.

I know there is al ot of talk about dumping Howard but the team saves nothing by cutting him this off season. 2.8 million in savings and 23 million in dead cap.

Maybe they can move some of his money around to create cap space but they are not cutting him.
I may have misread the cap situation with Howard because I am seeing reports that he will be cut and the team will save 23 million!

I am now confused.

Looking at it again I am pretty sure I am right and the team would have 23 million in dead cap not savings.

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Last edited:
I may have misread the cap situation with Howard because I am seeing reports that he will be cut and the team will save 23 million!

I am now confused.
Some of the contract sites do not list his incentives. He had 7mm in incentives that would have triggered in March if he was still on the team.

Nothing is more disheartening than watching a player become old and washed up. And then realizing you’re two years older than they are.
TWO???!!!

TWO!!!???

Try
Some of the contract sites do not list his incentives. He had 7mm in incentives that would have triggered in March if he was still on the team.
That makes more sense.

I had thought we were stuck with X for another year, this is good news capwise.

According to ESPN the Fins will save $18.5 million in 2024 while creating $23 million in dead cap over the next two seasons by cutting X post June 1.

The team saves 13.7 million by cutting Ogbah.

The only catch is they can't use the cap space until after June 1.

I wouldn't completely burn the Ogbah bridge yet... we could resign him if he doesn't receive any decent offers-- Just like we did with AVG last year.
Now that Fangio is gone, we could use a hand down DE to cover for the expected recovery times of Chubb and Phillips.

Ogbah for about 4m could work.

Jerome Baker, Mike White, Jeff Wilson, Duke Riley and Keion Crossen (should’ve been cut a year ago) seem to be up next.

Unfortunately let that’ll still leave us over the cap by 2-3M.

Should be a busy couple of days.

Jerome Baker, Mike White, Jeff Wilson, Duke Riley and Keion Crossen (should’ve been cut a year ago) seem to be up next.

Unfortunately let that’ll still leave us over the cap by 2-3M.

Should be a busy couple of days.
It's gonna have to be extensions, becoming the Saints. We still have to replace all those players we cuts, and our free agents, and players to cover for Chubb and Phillips for a while.

There's only 2.5m of new money in Riley's contract. He's worth that as depth/special teams. Even a rookie would cost about 1m.

White, at 3.5m, is also cheaper than most backups. Plus, the money isn't guaranteed.

Crossen and Wilson can be cut...

Baker could stay with a paycut.

There's only 2.5m of new money in Riley's contract. He's worth that as depth/special teams. Even a rookie would cost about 1m.

White, at 3.5m, is also cheaper than most backups. Plus, the money isn't guaranteed.

If I were the fins, I would explore what Jimmy G wants as a backup. If they can swap out White for Jimmy G, do it. He is capable of winning games in this system if something catastrophic happens to Tua

I doubt Riley would get a job elsewhere for anything more than minimum and at this point I’d rather roll just about anyone else. He doesn’t have athleticism to contribute so his salary shouldn’t impact our cap as a result.

Baker would have to take a pretty significant pay cut to stay, just don’t see the point. Revamp the LB room all together, minus David Long. With a DC let him find his own guys. Baker lacks instincts so it’s hard to believe Weaver would want on the field.

If you could combine Bakers athleticism and Riley’s toughness and instincts, you’d have a heck of a LB though.

LBs have been a big liability for us so it’s time for fresh blood.

Back
Top Bottom