Dolphins to win th AFC east in 2020??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to win th AFC east in 2020???

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
I just noticed Draftkings has the Dolphins at 18-1, the longshot, to win the AFC east next season. Does anybody else think that might be worth a nibble, seeing that those odds could change drasticly if Miami drafts Tua and Brady leaves the Patriots? I'm feeling like a few good free agency moves and a solid draft could go a long way in closing the gap between the Dolphins and the Jets and Bills, so if the Patriots slip back to the pack it could be anyones race to win come December. So a $2,000 bet would net you $36,000 if you make the bet now before the payoff changes. More likely thinking $200 to win $3,600 as a more relaxed fun bet. Anybody else think Miami has a decent chance of going from last to 1st if the dominoes fall in their favor?

Last edited:
The schedule next year appears a lot tougher than last season. Of course we don’t know yet who they will sign in free agency or how effective the players they draft will be but I think they are likely looking at maybe 5 or 6 wins in the 2020 season.

The schedule next year appears a lot tougher than last season. Of course we don’t know yet who they will sign in free agency or how effective the players they draft will be but I think they are likely looking at maybe 5 or 6 wins in the 2020 season.
Nice post brother. Dolphins have the third toughest schedule.

Weird odds Vegas just released win totals about 2 weeks ago and had us lowest in the league at 5 wins which seems like easy money, I’d be shocked if we don’t win atleast 7

From 5 to around 12 wins?
No we aren't the 49ers with a truck load of no 1 picks on our DL
Long shot to happen.

If the Patriots fall I could see 10-6 or maybe even 9-7 winning the division. I just thinking the Patriots could lose Brady and when you look at their 2019 12 wins Jets twice, Bills, twice, Dolphins, Steelers, Redskins, Giants, Browns, Eagles, Cowboys and Bengals the only half way decent teams that they beat wer the Bills and Eagles. If the Patriots aren't on their death bed they're pretty close. I'm not saying the Dolphins are going to the Super Bowl, but beating out the Jets and Bills wouldn't take as much as it did for the 49ers to over take the Seahawks and Rams. Again this is all contingent on the Patriots collapsing, if they don't it's the same story we've seen for the past decade. Don't get me wrong, when I started this thread I wasn't saying Miami could or should be favorites to win the division, just that 18 to 1 and under the premise that the Patriots don't win it I think those odds could be worth a shot.

Last edited:
Nice post brother. Dolphins have the third toughest schedule.

How does that work? Shouldn't Miami have an easier schedule than the Patriots, Jets and Bills? I mean we all play the same AFC and NFC West teams, plus Miami gets the 4th place Bengals and Jags. Is that negated by the fact that Miami has to play four games against 10 win teams in the Bills and Patriots, while they both get to play 4 win Miami? The AFC west could be interesting too from the standpoint you could have the NFL champion Chiefs and the Broncos with a 2nd year qb and the Charges and Raiders with new quarterbacks. A lot could come down to who's at the helm for the Raiders and Chargers.

How does that work? Shouldn't Miami have an easier schedule than the Patriots, Jets and Bills? I mean we all play the same AFC and NFC West teams, plus Miami gets the 4th place Bengals and Jags. Is that negated by the fact that Miami has to play four games against 10 win teams in the Bills and Patriots, while they both get to play 4 win Miami? The AFC west could be interesting too from the standpoint you could have the NFL champion Chiefs and the Broncos with a 2nd year qb and the Charges and Raiders with new quarterbacks. A lot could come down to who's at the helm for the Raiders and Chargers.

If the Patriots fall I could see 10-6 or maybe even 9-7 winning the division. I just thinking the Patriots could lose Brady and when you look at their 2019 12 wins Jets twice, Bills, twice, Dolphins, Steelers, Redskins, Giants, Browns, Eagles, Cowboys and Bengals the only half way decent teams that they beat wer the Bills and Eagles. If the Patriots aren't on their death bed they're pretty close. I'm not saying the Dolphins are going to the Super Bowl, but beating out the Jets and Bills wouldn't take as much as it did for the 49ers to over take the Seahawks and Rams. Again this is all contingent on the Patriots collapsing, if they don't it's the same story we've seen for the past decade.
Not ready to wipe out the Pats yet, they still have a very good D and if they keep TB [granted he could fall off a cliff at any time performance wise] and give him a couple more receivers they could still pick up 10 or more wins. If they topple then the Bills would be next in line, we didn't beat them in either game last year and there is still a fair gap in talent between us and them.

Not ready to wipe out the Pats yet, they still have a very good D and if they keep TB [granted he could fall off a cliff at any time performance wise] and give him a couple more receivers they could still pick up 10 or more wins. If they topple then the Bills would be next in line, we didn't beat them in either game last year and there is still a fair gap in talent between us and them.

I like some of the Bills defensive pieces, but I could see Miami having the better qb, rb and recivers on the offensive side.

nybody else think Miami has a decent chance of going from last to 1st if the dominoes fall in their favor?

The Patriots are not the team they have been … and we split with them last year …. The Jets suck and Adam Gase loves him some him … The Bills defense gives me pause but that's about it … Strength of schedule doesn't mean much to me … the Dolphins put 5 wins together with mediocre guys after needing nearly half of the season to figure things out .... strength of coaching and strength of team is greater than strength of schedule IMO ...

We don't need to be 12-4 to win the AFC EAST .... 10-6 should do it ... splitting the Pats and Bills while sweeping the Jets gives us a 4-2 record in the division ... Pats will be split twice ... Jets will be swept twice ,,, Bills are the outliers as they could sweep the Jets and the Pats ....

Dolphins win the AFC East IMO with a quicker start than last season and a stronger finish 9-7 or 10-6 should suffice ... with a new offense in place (gonna surprise folks early) and an O-line that WILL BE fortified we will have a running game we lacked last year (thank you Fitzpatrick but you won't be our leading rusher)

This is all, of course, my opinion and screams homerism lol ... but it's my bold take pre-FA and Pre-draft

I’m going to take that bet. I thought it was 18-1 just to make the playoffs. But then again I normally make futures bets with my favorite teams.

We better have an all time great draft/free agency then

Back
Top Bottom